WB's 67' 07'S The Second coming!!!!

Discussion in 'Historics & Reissues' started by Todd Louis, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Todd Louis

Todd Louis V.I.P. Member

Well Guys I haven't really tried my set out Thru my amps yet just my 5 watt HW Gibson ..

But They are the most 3D PAF Clone I Ever Played thru!!!!
    The Clarity

You can here the note come out of the speaker in waves!!!!

Really Cool shit!!

Beautiful Tone.!

Now I have to give them a go thru the 66' Super and the HW Plexi's !!!!

VERY BLOWN!!! I AM!!!
    And yes the weir was made in June ( 6 my B Month ) and I got #6 .... And this review is on the 6 6 07 my B day ...

I'll give a better one later .!!

2. Todd Louis

Todd Louis V.I.P. Member

The Big B has something To add too .... :slash:

Yep, I got that too... that's why I was also hesitant on these but the ones I tried, aren't metal at all. They are actually vintage spec'd believe it or not. Sorta like me saying I like classical music. You may not know it but I do love my Mozart & Bach.

Well anyways... Here are the pics from the set 4/50 that I got. Todd ended up with set #6 (weird innit?!?!?). Both sets are the Hot versions. Todd where you able to get the readings on these pickups?

Now my review on these., note that my previous review were for his regular production models.

I think his regular production pickups are fantastic. In fact he's one of my 3 favorite winders now. You need to have variety and no 1 pickup can satisfy or bring out the best tone in more than 1 guitar. My guitars vary from dark to bright and I have placed proper pickups accordingly. Between Will, Jim & RS I have ALL my bases covered!! I am one happy man, Will has wound the last of the piece to my puzzle.

As I was saying, his production models are fantastic... However these vintage wire pickups really knocked it out of the park. Complete night and day. Best way to describe them is "violin-ish". I installed them in my Perryburst. I loaded the Perryburst with the following:

RS Tuners with Uncle Lou Private Stock Tips
    RS Kit with Jensen paper/oil caps (woody tone characteristic)
    Solid nickel covers

Very open and airy with a real WOODY tone. Even more-so than the production model. Sound was very compressed and sustained forever. I managed to find some sweet spots I haven't had before on the board. Since my set was unpotted, I was able to dial in some really cool harmonics I usually don't get with potted pickups. Legato-styled guitarists will love the smooth note separation with no harshness or muddy chords. I don't recommend these for the ultra-distortion metal guys.. This pickup really comes alive is decent buddy-guy like gain. I tried it on my Marshall Jubilee on lead channel and my Soutbay Ampwork's 20watt Major Crunch. I nailed the Slash/Joe Perry (Original Godfather theme recording) tone on the Marshall & the Warren Haynes tone on the Major Crunch. The Marshall had no pedal but the Major Crunch had a Full-Drive 2 Mosfet (AMAZING PEDAL!) Same tone Stumbler had in the Greensboro Jam which by the way was the most memorable!. But that's just my rig. Your rigs will be different.

I am highly impressed with my set and looking forward to ordering more sets. Since mine was one of the first sets sold, it came with the original 60s' box & sample wire with authenticity papers from WB.

Thanks for the listen (or read!), Any question or specific comments on my set please contact me at Browneyes@Snakebitemusic.net

Browneyes

www.myspace.com/snakebitemusicnet

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

3. Todd Louis

Todd Louis V.I.P. Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

4. Todd Louis

Todd Louis V.I.P. Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

5. Ducati

Ducati V.I.P. Member

Great pics.

That looks like the Joe Perry burst. Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

6. Tone Hunter 81

Tone Hunter 81 Senior Member

let's hear some clips:thumb:

7. WBPickups

WBPickups Guest

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODD! And many more to come!

Will

8. WBPickups

WBPickups Guest

Any day now you will be able to make some Marcus! Give me a ring when you get them...

Will

9. dogbone94

dogbone94 Senior Member

this thread excites me becausei have a set coming.... dave

HAPPY BDAY TODD...