Washington Mutual

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by thefishingline, Aug 19, 2007.

1. thefishingline

thefishingline Senior Member

So I buy this beauty of the burst 69' strat (rosewood) for only $11k, send the guy a check. The check clears my bank and his back on Aug 7....the guy hasn't shipped the guitar because his bank...Washington Mutual will only release half the money....

I could tell from my phone conversations with him he is not the brightest bulb to begin with...but I'm trying to explin to him that if they are ony giving him half it means they have the whole amount and to take it up with his bank and ship the freaking guitar...

Anyone else have this problem with washington Mutual holding funds to make a few extra days of interest off someone??

2. idlewild south

idlewild south V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

Wamu is one of the biggies that the Fed is throwing money at.They could go belly up from the derivatives.

3. thefishingline

thefishingline Senior Member

????????????????????

4. BCRGreg

BCRGreg V.I.P. Member

Get your money back, have him use another bank. I had that problem with another bank(not WAMU) and the guy and I undid the deal, he opened an account at another bank in his town and everything went well. He raised some eyebrows when he got a 25thou check on his first day, but all was good.