Wanted for losing his mind

Discussion in 'Gibson Les Pauls' started by bosnialove, Oct 28, 2014.

1. bosnialove

bosnialove Senior Member

Yep, another thread about the 2015 model. Didn't comment on other 2015-discussions untill I tried them out myself.

My opinion on the 2015 models (after trying out a few today).. The G-force drove me crazy.

[​IMG]

2. WholeLottaIzzy

WholeLottaIzzy Senior Member

Oh God... Here we go.

8 people like this.
  3. Who

Who are you? Who who who who.... Premium Member

Henry SAVED Gibson. And has tried to do good things for the company, guitar players, and music.

Sadly, some Les-Paul-buyers-on-Internet-forums-seem-to-want-only-a-certain-thing. Yet those same people won't just go away and buy a high-dollar replica from a custom builder.

Don't like the new stuff.... don't buy it.

17 people like this.
  4. Lucidsounds

Lucidsounds Senior Member

The whole '2015 hate' thing in my mind comes down to this:

Gibson want to be a progressive company. Fair enough, because Les was progressive and his favourite model was the Recording. Now that's a pretty radical Les Paul when you think about it. And back in the day you could buy one if you liked the thinking behind it and if you didn't, that's fine, you could still buy a Deluxe or a Custom which didn't have all the fancy knob-trickery.

The point being, you had a choice.

13 people like this.
  5. dodger916

dodger916 Senior Member

Once again: [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. EVH9442

EVH9442 Senior Member

Doesn't change the fact his new guitars are abominations that belong in the woodchipper.

6 people like this.
  7. chasenblues

chasenblues Senior Member

x1

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. jstarr823

jstarr823 Senior Member

Sometimes if you ignore it... It will go away.

1 person likes this.
  9. Rocco Crocco

Rocco Crocco Senior Member

10. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

Can we have one big thread?

5 people like this.
  11. in2madness

in2madness Senior Member

Well we all know what Henry has been doing for the last 28 years and with just a little more research you can find out everything you need to know about him his qualifications and achievements prior to becoming one the owners and the CEO of Gibson.

Please along with the message in your post can you state your own qualifications and achievements so that we can judge for ourselves why you are better qualified to run Gibson than Henry and also state how you intend to raise the finance to purchase the company.

Thank you :hmm:

7 people like this.
  12. Fracture

Fracture Senior Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Stoneburst

Stoneburst Member

Why should they do that? What about those people who can't afford to do that, who just want to pay a reasonable price for a Gibson Les Paul that vaguely resembles the ones they grew up fantasising about?

2 people like this.
  14. bosnialove

bosnialove Senior Member

Don't worry about me. The '59 replica is already in the process of making for me.

15. kevinpaul

kevinpaul Premium Member

I stayed away from the 2015 Gibson talk till now. Why now? I have nothing better to do.
    The guitars are not improved from what I see. I played a couple and read about them. I got a catalog in the mail with all new guitars and prices. My girl summed it up when she said are they crazy, $6,350 for that skinny ass thing. Ya they are crazy and I can't see where they hid all 6,350 at. George Washington did not sleep there. WTF?

1 person likes this.
  16. Tom.Ashworth

Tom.Ashworth Senior Member

Towards the end of this video it almost seems they are striking back at negative reviews of new Gibsons haha
    [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=iU9B4ZNCwSA]Pedal Boards - Three Guys And Guitars - YouTube[/ame]
    With so many used Les Paul's available I see no reason for anyo complaints about the2015's just buy used. And if you do want new there will still be old stock kicking around.

1 person likes this.
  17. JMB1984

JMB1984 Premium Member

The mods combined a bunch already when this first started. What we really need is a sticky thread at the top titled:

"2015 Gibson USA Models: Take out your frustrations here!"

Maybe things will drop closer to normal levels of MLP chaos.

:laugh2:

2 people like this.
  18. Bobby Mahogany

Bobby Mahogany Senior Member

19. Juan Wayne

Juan Wayne Senior Member

You're 100% correct about that. I believe the losing-his-mind-incident OP might be referring to happened somewhere in the timeline between that and present time.

This pretty much sums it up for me at least. Both the crazy-modern-new-progressive-and-as-the-man-himself-intended-the-whole-world-to-be stuff, as well as the classic models us (helpless traditionalists without cash for an R#) want, should be able to co-exist in a financially viable scheme.

I think the problem is most of us are in one camp or the other without agreeing on some kind of middle ground. I don't mind the 2015's. I just happened to be in the position of being on the look for my first Gibson ever (and for that reason I wanted it to be a new one), and must say I panicked a bit on the idea of not being able to get it as I wanted it to be, after 19 years of waiting. It would have sucked having to wait who knows how many more years until they started making the type of guitar I like again. I finally got me a new 2013 Trad, but during the search I had this horrible deadline feeling about the whole thing. It was now or (maybe) never, and it doesn't need to be like that.

Just my two Lincolns...

2 people like this.
  20. Photojazz

Photojazz Senior Member

Brace yourselves, it's going to be a bumpy ride...

[​IMG]

The Rock says... "This could get ugly"

[​IMG]

I am but an innocent spectator now. I opinionated early on, before I bought a 2nd and 3rd 2013 LP. So, I made my decision, and it was not to purchase a 2015. I saw them. I could have, but I did not. I love my 2013 Slash and Trad Pro II though. Kudos for doing those two right Gibson. Man, that +10 dB takes that Pro II to another dimension too. I'm happy, but not because of 2015s. Because of amazing past guitars I am happy. I have what I need, and then some.

2 people like this.