Want to buy Epiphone Ace Frehley BlueBurst

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by JimmyAce2006, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Silly_Sam

Silly_Sam Senior Member

WOW:shock: Is that actually yours? Btw, does the paintjob have texture? It looks like it does.

2. Rap Man127

Rap Man127 Member

Look it is simply a proper gibson les paul guitar bought from a shop in California then customized to look identical the one Ace used at the vh1 rock honors.

3. Rap Man127

Rap Man127 Member

To anyone who has reasonable guitar knowledge, can you please specify a few reasons as to why you believe that my guitar is a fake.

4. Silly_Sam

Silly_Sam Senior Member

Skynyrdpicker already pointed everything out. No fret edge binding, wrong headstock shape, large-post bridge. Also, somewhere earlier in this thread it's been said that only fakes have Ace's signature inlaid on the 12th fret, but I cant speak about that for sure. I'm sorry.

5. JimmyAce2006

JimmyAce2006 V.I.P. Member

For one thing, I know the guy who bought it from China and sold it to the first guy on ebay as a replica (not a Gibson). And I have seen it up on ebay recently. So either the guy who bought it from my friend sold it to you as the real deal, or you are the guy who bought it from ym friend; if it is the latter case, then you are lying because he did not sell it as a Gibson. And it was not repainted either; it came with that finish from China. I don't know where that story came from. My friend sold the guitar about 6-8 weeks ago. Let me tell you how to tell if it is a fake, besides the fact that I know where he bought it from: wrong color (and not enough sparkle), wrong head stock shape, wrong logo (that one is slanted), frets have no nibs, bridge studs have flat head screw driver slots in the top of them, and fake serial number (call Gibson at 1-800-4gibson & ask customer service to verify), the fretboard should be ebony but it looks like rosewood. The guitar came with cream replicas of DiMarzio pickups. My friend put real chrome DiMarzio super distortion pickups in the guitar. The pickups alone cost more than the guitar. And he got the truss rod cover from the same place that I got mine.

6. JimmyAce2006

it's mine. the paint job does not have texture. it is smooth to me. but it is a really thick paint job. on sparkles like mine, they have to put it on really thick. you can actually feel it rise up slightly higher than the binding. all of the ones i have checked were like that.

7. JimmyAce2006

everything you said is correct except for the signature on the 12th fret part.

jp litch likes this.
  8. cmcoram

cmcoram Senior Member

I'm no expert, but that thing wouldn't pass as an Epi. Horn looks suspect to me, so I think its a fake.

9. -=[Shifty]=-

-=[Shifty]=- Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

Sorry man, but that thing is so fake.
    That wouldn't even pass as an Epiphone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. AceRobot

AceRobot Senior Member

Yup, I know him too. He bought it from China and dressed it up to look like Ace's VH1 guitar. I will also make it clear that he NEVER sold it as a genuine Gibson. I know that the person who bought it off our friend 8 weeks ago, had it for sale on ebay again a 3 or 4 weeks ago (and sold it). Whatever the case, you got totally ripped off if you paid Gibson price for that. On the bright side, at least you've got a nice set of chrome DiMarzios.

11. JimmyAce2006

i think the last selling price on the guitar was around $1000 (maybe the current owner). and the buyer is in Aus., 16 years old.....? thought it was a Gibson. if you stick it on ebay it should sell for at least $1,000. for someone who wants an Aced LP, it is not a bad deal, especially with the real DiMarzios. the pickup rings are like $40 for all 3. Pups are about $360.

12. cmcoram

cmcoram Senior Member

13. AceRobot

AceRobot Senior Member

Yeah, I think you're right, it was around $1000. Some KISS fan would be interested in it at that price to hang on the wall.

14. guitaraddict

guitaraddict Premium Member

This is the last place to try to pass off a fake LP.:fingersx:
    Doesn't $1000 seem crazy since they're around $300 straight from China?

15. JimmyAce2006

That one has been modified; new truss cover, knobs, real DiMarzio super distortions in chrome, chrome pup rings, labor, etc. all of that would cost about $500 + about $300 for the guitar. plus give a guy a little credit for already doing all the leg work. $1000 is probably fair.

The original owner told me it is a good player.

16. guitaraddict

Fair enough.. Just seems a little high for a knockoff.
    No disrespect to the seller.

17. Silly_Sam

Silly_Sam Senior Member

He should've stamped "fake" at the back of the headstock:)

18. JimmyAce2006

i had mine on ebay for a while. i got a serious offer of money + trade = $3,000 + 2007 50th anniversary gold les paul custom in mint condition. those guitars sell between $5000-6500. i told the guy to sell his guitar then get back to me.

19. Deguello

Deguello Senior Member

I have noticed, this guy gets called out and then starts/hijacks a thread
    I think this is the 3rd one I have seen today...

Maybe he doesn't realize it's a Chibson, but why keep trying?

20. guitaraddict

I don't doubt that, yours looks amazing!