Wampler Ace Thirty...make it stop!!

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by Bordeaux, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Bordeaux

Bordeaux Senior Member

And now another pedal for me to GAS over, just when I had settled down and was happy with my setup. I'm still happy with my setup but you all know how this goes. That's all I'm missing is a good Vox sound :applause:

Wampler Pedals | Hand Made Boutique Guitar Effect Pedals | Heritage Series | Ace Thirty

Haven't heard any actual demos of it but it's Wampler, it's going to sound killer! I have no doubt about that. Well it's a good a time as any to start my Christmas wishlist. :fingersx:

2. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfqZ3czADkQ]Wampler Pedals Ace Thirty Contest - Win a free Ace Thirty! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jdj561e9_s]Ace Thirty Pedal by Wampler Pedals, Tom Petty example tones - YouTube[/ame]

:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  3. Bordeaux

Bordeaux Senior Member

Yeah I saw that but are those clips using the Ace 30?

4. kboman

kboman Senior Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9vfokzfmUY]Wampler : Ace Thirty - Humbuckers - Demonstration - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw45tH8PdlE]Wampler : Ace Thirty - Single coils (S-Style) - Demonstration - YouTube[/ame]

Disclaimer: I haven't even watched the clips yet.

5 people like this.
  5. Hector Arcadius

Small surprise (to me) is that I enjoyed it more in the lower gain settings and in the higher-headroom setting of the AC30. So if someone is buying one to use for his clean-ish tones (***cough***Snares***cough) I think he / she is going to be EXTREMELY happy with it!

And as a pure Wampler pedal, the clean-up (even with the gain cranked and the boost on) is simply superb.

All in all, I think that it will stand proudly next to the Plexi, the '65 and Tweed.As expected. Cool stuff, as always.

1 person likes this.
  6. Bordeaux

Bordeaux Senior Member

Awesome!! Can't wait to listen

7. snaredrum

snaredrum V.I.P. Member

yep. heard the setting i want.

dayumn

1 person likes this.
  8. gibsonguitar1988

gibsonguitar1988 Senior Member

I like the 15 myself. When I think Vox I think super saturated almost fizzy distortion that has a lot of crunch and a lot of top end bite. I really don't do a lot of Beatles stuff and I personally prefer the Tweed thing for Tom Petty, so for me I go for Brad Paisley/Brian May/Larry Crane/etc type tones from a AC amp and likewise a pedal. I might be interested in this. I love my Emerald Green but this sounds nice too.

9. StandingWave

StandingWave Senior Member

This is ace, high potential GAS factor. I never thought of myself as much of a Vox guy. However, once I got my Tweed and some other 'American' sounds squared away, I found myself using Vox-ish tones more often as a complement to those. I've really warmed up to bright, chimey guitar sounds in the last couple of years. Properly over-driven, Vox sounds are iconic. The Ace Thirty seems to pack a comprehensive range of those Vox tones. Like some other Wampler offerings, I prefer having the pedals to the amps they emulate.

10. kboman

kboman Senior Member

It sounds pretty good and I'm sure it's very well made but I have no desire to own this one :)

11. snaredrum

snaredrum V.I.P. Member

you lucky b*stard

12. Bordeaux

Bordeaux Senior Member

Yeah really :laugh2:

I watched that video and immediately started hounding my wife about my Christmas list. The non boosted "30" mode sounds soo great. Those cleans are extremely Vox like. I've got my Cat 5F6 for my "Bassman", DLS III for Marshall, RAH for Hiwatt sounds and my Naga Viper Treble Boost, now all I need is the AC 30 to complete my board (yeah right). Just gotta find somewhere to put it...maybe I need a new pedal board as well. :slash:

Anyone found out what this thing is going to set me back? I'm thinking at least $250 since most of his (Wampler) multi channel pedals are a bit more expensive than the standard pedals ($199).

1 person likes this.
  13. Hector Arcadius

Something like 219$ or 229$ man. But tell the wife about the discount points that you will get if you get a new board as well!:naughty:

14. Bordeaux

Bordeaux Senior Member

Good idea, I'll definitely make sure to do that. :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  15. StormJH1

StormJH1 Senior Member

Oh my God. This is the exact pedal that I wondered if it would ever be made (Wampler doing clean and dirty Vox tones), and it sounds even better than I imagined it. I had a pretty strict rule of not spending over $100 on any single pedal, that's getting blown the hell out of the window for this one. May wait a few months though until after Xmas.

Hopefully they don't run out of them for extended periods of time because I imagine the demand will be huge!

2 people like this.
  16. snaredrum

snaredrum V.I.P. Member

It's two pedals! (kinda...) :naughty:

17. ElectricMojo

ElectricMojo Senior Member

Yep, I was so happy when I received the emails about this one, the demos sound killer too!

1 person likes this.
  18. snaredrum

snaredrum V.I.P. Member

So, the wait is killing me. I need this pedal NOW

1 person likes this.
  19. Backstage

Backstage Senior Member

Yep, there are some really nice sounding sweetspots in this pedal. Well done Wampler :applause:.

20. Hector Arcadius

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSwATzjUOq4]Wampler Pedals - Ace Thirty, Queen/Brian May example tones. - YouTube[/ame]

1 person likes this.