Vox AC30 CC

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by jakeddy, Jun 3, 2007.

1. jakeddy

jakeddy Member

I'm always looking for good tone and this will be a first for me. I have a Korg TBX AC30, it's a good amp but I'm still looking for something. I considered modding it but as the TBX's are the last Vox amps made in Britin they already have gone up a little in value so that made me have second thoughts about spending money on it only to loose on reselling it. I made the acquaintance of a fellow named Lyle Caldwell. Lyle is an amp tech in Nashville and Has a good rep as a Vox guy and I have heard clips of his amp mods and have been very impressed. So I contact Lyle about my TBX and he tells me the AC30 CC is a far better candidate to mod than the TBX and points out a good used CC can be bought for $700-$800.00 and with all the bells and whistles the mod will go $400.00, so $1200.00 for an all out JMI repro looks pretty good. So I start looking around and find a new one for $800.00 and it will be here Wednesday. I will play it for a few weeks getting used to it and what it sounds like opposed to the TBX and then it's off to Lyle. I will keep you (anyone that's interested anyway) informed as this progresses.

2. sleepingtiger

sleepingtiger Senior Member

I'm not only interested, but damned curious of your impressions before AND after the mods, if you have them done.
    Keep us posted!
    Tony

3. jakeddy

jakeddy Member

My amp is at Lyle's right now. It should be back in a week or two. (I hope)