Visiting ESP dealer today...

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Mockbel, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

Hi all

There was a thread yesterday speaking about the evil wolf inside everyone.. it spoke to me yesterday night as usual and made me chat with ESP dealer in Egypt :)

As some of you know i am looking for a superstrat guitar that does heavy metal.. the guy told me that they still have some Ltd 1000 deluxe guitars and they putting fair price tags on them (considering Egypt market)... so i am visiting them today.. with cash in hand.. i am spotting the MH1000 series.. i lean more towards the fixed bridge as the FR versions are loaded with FR1000 not FRO..

I want to quote @mmd as he has been advising me a lot in the past few weeks :)

I will keep you updated.. and i am welcoming any thoughts or recommendations before i go

Thumpalumpacus likes this.
  2. C_Becker

C_Becker Dat Gibson smell Premium Member

LTD makes some really good stuff :yesway:
    I own two basses that are really well made, if the guitars are the same, you will love them.

Good luck !

3. mmd

mmd Senior Member

Right on!! Hopefully you bond with something cool!

Regarding the FR1000.....play a fixed version and the FR version. Each will feel different. Also, the FR1000 is a decent bridge. In my opinion, it FAR eclipses any of the TRS licensed Floyds that were in use by EVERYONE before the FR1000 and FR Special. Is it as awesome as the German made OFR? No. BUT....are you touring as Steve Vai? Unless you are BRUTALIZING your trem it will be a LOOOONNNNGGGGG time before the FR1000 is "unstable". Just something to consider.....

LTD stuff is consistently nice. I'd be very surprised if you don't find something "right". Good luck!!

C_Becker and Mockbel like this.
  4. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

Update:

No luck.. Only 3 pieces were available.. all are 2014 (old stock).. I felt the fixed bridge version is more solid.. it is the only one also equipped with passives.. the FR version is EMG..
    The issue: The look of the guitar.. color is lighter than I expected.. and.. that f*** abalone all over the guitar body, neck, and even headstock. I couldn't stand it... visual aspect of the guitar is very important to me.. believe it or not, I didn't even plug it !

Here is a pic that I took there
    MH1000NTSTB.jpg

I am really sad.. the guitar felt so solid in my hands.. the neck is very smooth when i played it unplugged ! :( :( :(

5. mmd

mmd Senior Member

Ah, that sucks.....

Yeah, I was not a fan of that era when Schecter and LTD were covering their guitars in abalone.....Ironic considering I play PRS, lol.....abalone and pearl birds galore!!

Mockbel likes this.
  6. Hanover Fist

Hanover Fist Senior Member

I'd rock that all night! But then, I like bling on my axes.

C_Becker likes this.
  7. C_Becker

C_Becker Dat Gibson smell Premium Member

+1 More bling, more bettah :thumb:
    I think that is a very nice looking guitar. I'd rock the hell out of that too :headbanger:
    (after installing pickup covers, that is. Can't stand double black bobbins, it always looks cheap to me).

The colour on this one works really nice with the quilt top (another thing which I am usually not a fan of, but it looks great on this one)

But I guess everyones aesthetic tastes are different.

Mockbel likes this.
  8. danohat

danohat Senior Member

I've always wanted one like that. I don't know why. I couldn't shred cheese.

Hector Arcadius likes this.
  9. BadPenguin

BadPenguin Senior Member

Wait..... you decided NOT to buy the guitar that felt perfect in your hands, because of something you won't see when playing it? Did I get that right?

C_Becker likes this.
  10. freak

freak Senior Member

Oh my dude.
    Don't make that mistake. If it feels right, it is right. I get you need it to look good. To some of us it does, but of course, your opinion is the one that matters.
    see that yellow Charvel in my avatar? Yellow was one color I did NOT want. I plugged it in, played it, and, well......there it is. Just look at it. Banana friggin' yellow. And when I played it, I fell in love with it. Just look at it.

Hector Arcadius and mmd like this.
  11. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

Come on man... you know it doesnt work like that... you never see your car from outside when you are driving, does that mean it is ok to buy an ugly looking car !!??

mmd likes this.
  12. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

I am digging for similar model feom different years.. after 2015 the MH1000 doesn't have that abalone.. it would more expensive because i am buying new..

Otherwise, i may reconsider that beast again..

13. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

This is 2016 model for example... way more better looking without this abalone everywhere

61YtBXf7PwL._SL1500_.jpg

Hector Arcadius and danohat like this.
  14. danohat

danohat Senior Member

I'd have one if the neck felt right to me. Too thin for my tastes but I love the way they look.

Mockbel likes this.
  15. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

I pulled the trigger for LTD MH-1000FR... The Floyd Rose version of the guitar posted above but in black see through quilt maple top...
    I should collect it today.. I will post a NGD thread with photos later !

16. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

Congrats boy, you did well. ESP/LTD make fantastic guitars, which can do so much more than metal (but,yeah,ok, they excel in METAL!!!). Shoot some pics when you can.