Vintage v100?

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by JoeyPsycho, May 27, 2015.

1. JoeyPsycho

JoeyPsycho Junior Member

Hey all, I was wondering if the vintage v100 is as good as people say? I must admit i'm rather skeptical at a guitar at that price can be so good :hmm:. I can't try one for myself as no where near me stocks them :doh:

2. MooCheng

MooCheng Senior Member

ok I'll chime in,
    yep' they are good, there no Gibson but for what they cost they are amaizing,
    I recently bought a used one, its a early pre- serial # one, one piece body nicely made, the only real
    drawback is its very heavy or mine is anyway. The pu's are pretty good to

3. Skeet

Skeet Junior Member

I , for many years was a diehard tele guy , I bought a Vintage LP (see avatar) on a whim and the tele is gone . I can’t put the LP down , it is (for the money) astounding value and the tone is to die for . Sustain is awesome too . Played my tele through a fairly sizeable pedal board , with the LP I use a tuner ,drive and mini delay , plugged into my Laney cub 12r (15 watt valve job) it is all I need . Minor niggle was rattly tuners , tiny blob of epoxy on the button to lock it to the shaft sorted it out in 5 mins . Buy one , try one , you will be pleasantly surprised . Ps they are really heavy guitars if that’s a consideration for you .

4. Esel

Esel Member

Mine is also heavy but same great tone. changed the Bridge into a Wilkinson-Roller, Grover tuners and PRS neck/Tonerider bridge HB.
    _IGP3574_Low.JPG

5. Skeet

Skeet Junior Member

Nice , I thought of Toneriders as an alternative pup , I used them in a fair few Teles over the years and found them to be a good pickup though my experience has always been single coil units , humbucker is new ground . How do you rate them compared to the factory pups ?

6. Esel

Esel Member

I would rate the Wilkinsons a 5, the Toneriders a 9 and impossible to notice a weakness with them to SDs that have the same specs. Only my Bare Knuckle Mule will hit a 12 out of 10.
    Also the Schaller golden 50s and the Rockingers are in the same range with the Toneriders.
    All played over the Blackstar HT1R with Celestion G12/80s in a custom built cab.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018

7. tosh78

tosh78 Senior Member

They're really nice guitars. I had one that was very nice. I replaced the pots as they were shit but everything else, was pretty decent. I also replaced the pickups. The only reason I sold it is because it was too heavy for me, as it was mentioned before. If you don't mind heavy guitars, go ahead. Or better, try one if you can. Construction wise, they're great.

8. melt

melt Senior Member

I bought mine (online) in 2010 and I still have it. It's the best sounding LP I've had. I was lucky, I got a good one. No sharp fret-ends, nice weight (8.8 lbs) Dark, smooth fretboard. Not dry like on some other LP's I've had (Epiphone, BaCH) I used to have another Vintage LP, Vintage VR100LM, their version of Les Paul Special. Cool guitar, and I liked it (so why did I sell it...)
    I've been thinking about getting a "better" LP, MIJ. But now I'm not so sure. Do I really need to? ;)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 6:49 PM

9. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

Yes :lol:

10. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Senior Member

What is the neck profile like on these?. Slim or rounded 50's type or something in between?.
    Al