Vintage Les Pauls & Vintage Guitars – In Memory of Our Friend Andreja Marovic

Discussion in 'Vintage Les Pauls' started by mbowen, Apr 15, 2012.

1. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

Love this shot of AL R's guitars ,1958 Black std and Mary ford Gt with burst 9-1908.Mike B.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

I want to put this story in here for A. I miss him a lot and this is about another friend lost Jack.Below is a 1957 Strat and LP GT. The Strat is not the Strat in the story but i have owned 4-5 1957 Strats since then.Every time i get one i think of Jack.Hope you like my story A.Loss is a hard thing sometimes.Problem is we do not know how hard until later -And then it is too late -like it was for me to help Jack.Thanks Guys Mike B.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

[​IMG]

A GUITAR STORY MIKE B.This is a true story just the name has been changed.

4. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

5. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

1960-ED King holding a 1960 [3rd shot]not his guitar but looks a lot like Ed's new 1960>First 2 shots
    .[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    One of Vic's that got away for big $$$$$ 9-1854
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

RIP JOHNNY.A Firebird he used and signed.At my booth at a show years ago.He was one of the best to ever touch six strings.Mike B.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

1965 SG STD. with a 1961 SG,TV JR Mike B.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

Feel kind of strange tonight.I told TW and then posted on The Les Paul forum that i will not be posting there anymore -at least for the present time.So you guys are stuck with me now.Feels odd i have been posting there a long time and i will miss some of my friends who do not post on this forum.Well if Lilly does not get involved soon --or better sell it to someone who will , it will be toast in a while anyway at least that is how i see it. Such a shame it is a great site for LP knowledge.Thanks Guys and i just wanted to post this so it is official.Mike B.

3 people like this.
  9. LPFshred

LPFshred Member

Come back Mike, We miss you already... I can't believe you turned down TW...

2 people like this.
  10. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

Thanks shred but i am fine where i am.The Mod incident was just the last straw for me.I was already out of there for a month or so a few times, lately .In the last six months the negative crap over there has just made it NO FUN. I do this because i love guitars.I am still like a little kid around them.If not for my loving wife i would be in a shack with guitars everywhere. I would spend like a glutton on them and as she says i have 35-40 around now .How Many do you need.She sort of laughs when i say ALL OF THEM .
    I wish the LPF nothing but good luck there are some great people over there ,and info.I hope they can pull it out but i can not take any more there so thanks but ---COME ON OVER HERE. Your friend Mike B.:wave:

1 person likes this.
  11. LPFshred

LPFshred Member

I'm definitely a guitar glutton myself... Just opening the cases makes me happy. I love buying them and hate selling them. I'll try to check in here more often to say hi and see your latest stuff. That SG is killer.

Btw it's pretty cool they made the A thread into a sticky over here. :dude:

1 person likes this.
  12. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

As i said shred----a line in a song of yours maybe
    AS I SAID -SHRED -THEN THE SHRED SOLO.
    THE GUYS HERE HAVE TREATED ME VERY WELL. I HAVE FUN HERE .SO here i stay .Hope you and the other guys spend a litle time over here.Please tell them i do miss them but for now at least ,i have to just stay were i am.Thanks again Mike B.:)

1 person likes this.
  13. sikoniko

sikoniko Senior Member

Mike - I just wanted to reiterate how much I appreciate your presence on this board. Your history, knowledge, and experience of vintage guitars is an asset to us all who share in the love, but have not been able to have your experience. May we all live vicariously through you in this regard!

3 people like this.
  14. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

sikoniko -thank you i am glad you like the old guitar shots and gab.
    This real nice 1958 LP Custom just sold over 40K on the Bay. M.B.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  15. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

1957 LPC.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

9-0799-Snake --Mike Reeders 59 Burst--great top.Mike B.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

1965-SG STD,not as clean as the one i was looking at but also about 1/2 the price of the 63,i was looking at.So being a cheap old guy i bought this one.Thanks Mike B.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

New shot of the Brock-9-0913.Thanks to Bruce S.,Mike B.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

I was going to post some brand new photo's of a great burst i just got and after looking at the current threads that are really getting the attention i see a disturbing trend.To me the threads that are the most popular are the ones that cause the fights.The restoration or is it real thread the authentication threads,all seem to cause friction and get feelings going.Nothing wrong with that as long as people are respectful of each other.I do not come here to have other members calling each other childish names.The Mods here do a great job of keeping it in control so far but i saw the same thing at the other forum and that is the main reason i left there.
    Guys can we please try if you do not have anything nice to say just keep quiet.That is what i try to do and yes i fail and lose my temper but not often.thank God.We are all on the same site because we love music and guitars that bond should over-ride a lot of the petty BS.Please guys try to treat each other as you would like to be treated.If you know a guy is getting you mad go to another thread for a while instead of getting mad and fighting with each other.People see things differently always have and always will.But we really have more in common than we do pulling us apart.
    No one reads this thread anymore but that is my take .Take care guys and if you read this please just think a little next time before you post something that you know will start trouble,PLEASE.We all love this place and i do not want to see it go to heck as the other forum i loved as well did.
    Rant over i just see the same crap here i saw over there and that did not end well IMO.Mike B.

1 person likes this.
  20. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

For any of you reading this thread still, here is 9-0629-Goldie on the day in Texas when Bruce Sandler bought her out of an add in the paper for 1300.Below is the old owner and Bruce S. and the Add and sales agreement for the burst.How cool -thank's Bruce Love it.This is where the CC's of GOLDIE CAME FROM --THIS FIND IN 1981.Mike B. If no one sees this i will start a thread with this guitar it is a killer and worthy of it again IMO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.