VHT Deliverence..... wOw

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by murkat, May 19, 2007.

1. murkat

murkat V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

Just to get out of the house last night, my excuse was to pickup some string sets... eh, I went to the local GC, and yes I got some strings ( wanted to try the EB rocker nickels). Saw one of those reverse strats, like a lefty but it is not... plugged into the new 120 watt VHT Deliverance, I was seriously impressed just plugging into an off the shelf strat type. I'll go back today with one of my fiddles and really spend some time with it. What was unique about it is that you can "shape" the tone of the preamp value from dark, thick, creamy to chimey, jangley, trebley, (?) very cool. And cleans up very well when rolling off the vol on the guitar, a strat tye that is. The Master Vol was very reponsive as well. Maybe due to being a 120 watt head, ='s head room? Maybe with a strat type, I'll find out later when I bring in a humbucker loaded guitar.... Anyone else?

2. murkat

eh, I bought it ;)

3. LoKi

LoKi V.I.P. Member

pics and soundclips! :D

Congrats! I've never owned a VHT, but spent some time with a pitbull once.. nice amp... too much gain for my needs though.

4. murkat

I had never even plugged into one prior, nor any real interest in a new amp, let alone a VHT, but... being single channel, no frills, what a jcm 800 should sound like after being highly modded and blue printed... I could not pass up. Sounds that good to me, reminded me of my old 100 watt super lead that Andy Marshall modded for me many many moons ago, pre THD. I dig this amp.

5. murkat

eh,................. I took it back last night. Short honeymoon huh.

6. LoKi

LoKi V.I.P. Member

ouch! what happened?

7. murkat

Well, I also have a Komet Concorde..... The VHT sounds great, but, well, I am spoiled I guess. I am use to bloom, harmonics, texture, sparkle, etc.