Very Cool Tool!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by The Ballzz, Oct 2, 2017.

1. The Ballzz

The Ballzz Senior Member

Hey Folks,
    I don't know if you get the same "off to the side" ads as me, but I saw this unusually intriguing looking contraption on a Baileigh pop-up and just had to look:

https://www.baileigh.com/index.php/inside-radius-gauge-irg-3600?gclid=CNDWyoWp0tYCFYFXfgodpqAHZA

Yeah, it's kinda pricey, like all the stuff from Baileigh, but if you really need to measure what this can do, it's priceless!

As I've mentioned here many times, I'm a certifiable, card carrying tool junkie :naughty: and while I have no current operation requiring such a device, it's nice to know it's out there should the need ever arise! :drool:

Happy Monday!
    Gene

2. KnightroExpress

KnightroExpress Senior Member

Super cool! I'd love to have one just for the pure 'gadget' factor, but I don't have any real reason whatsoever haha

3. Skyjerk

Skyjerk Meatbomb

I had exactly the same thought. Cool tool, but I cant think of a single use I'd have for it :)

KnightroExpress likes this.
  4. WhiteEpiLP

WhiteEpiLP Senior Member

I can use that for sure in my day job. I do a lot of finish carpentry in homes and use carboard to make templates of inside and outside radius'. This would be much faster. But i agree for guitar building its not that useful.

5. The Ballzz

The Ballzz Senior Member

Spoken like other card carrying members of the "Tool Junkies" association! :cheers2: FWIW, I've performed several operations recently that I could have, would have used this thing, though not a necessity, especially at the price, and I can think of many handy things to use it for. Of course, "KnightroExpress" hit the nail squarely on the head with the "pure 'gadget' factor" comment! All them cool moving parts, precision engineering, graduated scales, and, and.............. :run:

Just Droolin' :p
    Gene