Vancouver Guitar Show

Discussion in 'MLP Meets' started by BMS, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Quill

Quill Senior Member

It was a bit of low-key, good-humoured fun! I don't think anything happens in this city without it being at least a little bit tongue-in-cheek, somehow, and our little guitar show was no exception. Some nice guitars and amps, lots of middling things ... one table had more high-end, hand-built pedals than I've ever seen in one place in my whole life, from a shop that's a bit off the beaten path, kind of nice to find out about that place. Impossible to try anything out, though. Weirdly, there were quite a few really old Gibson amps of different kinds - but I have enough maintenance nightmares on my hands already, I would never buy one of those. And one really clean blackface Bassman head for under a grand. Well under a grand. Far enough under a grand that I had to force myself to walk firmly away. And I'm having some trouble forgetting where the shop is, that has it.

Best thing was just meeting up and hanging out. It might be everywhere - don't get around much anymore - but going out seems to just cost so awful much here that it can be hard to socialize. So things like this are great. Was really relaxing, in these troubled times.

2. BMS

BMS Senior Member

Well, if you guys do make a trip out my way, you'll have to come to my play for a beer and maybe a jam!