Vancouver Guitar Show

Discussion in 'MLP Meets' started by BMS, Mar 22, 2010.

1. BMS

BMS Senior Member

To any MLP members that would like to get a chance to meet, there is a Vancouver Guitar show on Sunday, April 11, 2010 at the Croatian Cultural Centre at 3250 Commercial Dr. (@16th Ave.) This is a smaller version of the guitar show that is usually held in Novermber I believe. It is more of a swap n shop and coincides with the Vancouver Record Show. This will be my first visit to any of these events and thought I'd spread the word to see if there is any interest for a meet. See the link below and let me know who in the area will attend. Cheers!

Guitar Swap Meet *** Sunday, April 11, 2010

2. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

very interesting :hmm:

3. zontar

zontar Senior Member

They need to have this when I'm actually going to be in Vancouver.

4. Quill

Quill Senior Member

BMS! Cool, man - thanks! I always catch maybe the last hour; usually my dad'll somehow weirdly hear about it - he doesn't live here, how he finds out about it I'll never understand - and call me and tell me it's on, and I'll run down there and sort of get to see a few things. Not this time! I'm into meeting up there. Perfect opportunity.

5. Big John

Big John tastes like chicken V.I.P. Member

Crap, this is the same weekend as the Seattle show. Anyone know which show Gord Miller is going to be at?

6. BMS

BMS Senior Member

I wouldn't worry about it. This is just a smaller version of the small version which is really the big version held in November. I think it's November or it might be August? More of a chance to meet with some MLP members. I'll try to make note when the big show happens to really push to get members to meet. :D

7. BMS

BMS Senior Member

A bump as the show approaches!

8. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

hey, do you know what time the 2 shows are supposed to start?

9. BMS

BMS Senior Member

The time is 10am to 4pm on Sunday. I'll pm you my number Benj.

Anyone else in the Vancouver, BC area wanting to meet this Sunday, let me know and we'll arrange it.

Quill is in too! Look forward to meeting you guys.

10. BMS

BMS Senior Member

11. Quill

Quill Senior Member

C'MON! What's with all you sticks-in-the-mud? Three of us locals have gotten ourselves organized to meet up for this. And we're freakin' stupid busy. I suppose it does help that we're actually local - but, that fact aside .... How cool is that? Git yer butts down there on Sunday and meet us up.

12. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

Ill make a post backstage too, I know theres a few more Vancouver area players on MLP

13. TeleDog

TeleDog V.I.P. Member

Sounds like a hell of a good time, too bad there ain't nothing like that down here. All I see is car shows and get rich quick seminars! :laugh2:

14. BMS

BMS Senior Member

Bump for any Vancouverites that haven't seen this yet! Show is this Sunday.

15. BMS

BMS Senior Member

Well, I got to meet benjammin420 and Quill at the Vancouver Guitar Swap N Shop on Sunday. It was great to meet them in person and to hang out in our elements together. This guitar show is a small version of a bigger one that takes place in November with more vendors, clinics, and such. Hope to see some more MLP members in November. Here are some pics. Pics didn't turn out that great. Note to self: need new camera.

L to R benjammin420, Quill, Dave Vidal(Vancouvers Amp Guru), BMS

[​IMG]

Dave was layin' down some awesome chickin' pickin' on this relic '52 Tele build. Sorry Quill, the video didn't turn out!

[​IMG]

And a couple shots of some vintage.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

I still want that 355 :laugh2:

17. Quill

Quill Senior Member

Thanks for posting the photos, BMS. No big deal about the video - hey, you tried! I think, as a way of getting to hear Dave play more, I might start snipping the leads on random resistors in my Twin, pretend I know nothing about it and take it in for repairs. He'll find the problem in three or four seconds, fix it in even less time and then demo the amp for me when I go to pick it up. It might work!

Or - I could try to get him out to a jam - but there are two challenges with that: first, getting him there, and second, making sure he plays last! :laugh2:

18. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

did either of you grab a card from that guy with all the pedals? I spaced on it, I'd like to head down to his store when i have some time and money to spare

19. Quill

Quill Senior Member

Yes, I got the card. Funny thing about the time/money situation, though; oftentimes, when one has one, the other one, one hasn't! Still, it'd be a fun day trip.

20. TeleDog

TeleDog V.I.P. Member

So, Quill, how was it? Good, bad, boring, great, amazing, tragic? ?