V-Picks

Discussion in 'Tonefreaks' started by scrumm21, Jun 6, 2017.

1. masterglazier

masterglazier Junior Member

Best picks I have ever tried.....

2. moreles

moreles Senior Member

I like V-Picks a lot. The acrylic ones are really fast and clean and easy to grip. I like the clear, articulate tone -- cleaner and clearer than the Blue Chip, which is a great pick. I like virtually no flex in a pick, but still like 'em thin, and some V-Picks fill that bill. (I, too, use the Tradition Lite pictured in another post.) Gravity Picks are similar. Both have minimal string noise on electric, but on acoustics, I find acrylic really noisy and so use either Blue Chip or Charmed Life (red) on those. All have major tonal consequences, so that's up to you! For all-rounder performance in a regular brand, it's hard to beat Ultex or similar. They're awfully good.

I Break Things likes this.
  3. I Break Things

I Break Things Senior Member

+1 for the Ultex.

I really love my Gravity picks, but you can't beat Ultex for a regular production pick. In my opinion, it's one of the best for versatility, price, sound, and feel. I like the Ultex Sharps in .73mm.

4. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

Switchblade user here. Absolutely perfect. The same model that Brad Whitform of Aerosmith uses.

5. scosmith

scosmith Junior Member

Ultex used to be my favorite then I found Pickboy "Edge" and "Reefer" picks and they became my favorites then I found Master 8 Infinix they are my favorites currently but they can be hard to get in the US-- I got them when I was in Japan.