USPS Missing Guitar

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Roxy13, Feb 24, 2018.

1. spoony

spoony Senior Member

Saturday we had a piece of certified mail come to our address and because there was a car in our circular drive the postal worker decided rather then going a few extra steps or going around and backing up they would simply drive thru our yard. Made some nice ruts in our soggy yard. Total lack of respect.

Several years ago a car pulled up and it took me a little while to get to the the door to see who it was. Before I did I took a look out the window to see the postal worker going ape on someone's package in the back seat of the vehicle. I waited until the tantrum was over, opened the door and took delivery of my package and was glad to find it wasn't mine that had received the abuse.

All in all I have only had three bad experiences with USPS after 100's of transaction. Still they shouldn't have happened!

BTW big fan of 80's MIJ.

S

Roxy13 likes this.
  2. Roxy13

Roxy13 Senior Member

:) Great, thanks! That guy last night sure wasn't, lol!

3. StudioFan

StudioFan Member

Oh no I like some of them

Just messing with you guys.
    Glad you got your axe .

4. brokentoeswalker

brokentoeswalker Senior Member

Congrats !! I live in Canada and i once had a seller send me a MIJ from the U.S. to me U.S.P.S. I thought it was lost until a month goes by and it shows up on my doorstep. Big guitar box covered in stamps on all sides.... Guy had paid postage and sent it like a letter i guess. I just had to laugh.

I Break Things and Roxy13 like this.
  5. Roxy13

Roxy13 Senior Member

The post office might be the one who covered it in stamps! It still happens here. Our small town post offices don't have any of the technology the city ones do. I pay for postage to send something and then they pull out the stamps and start putting them on!

Really glad it showed up finally.

6. Hogie34

Hogie34 Member

Things I’ve learned in this post:

1) Don’t use USPS
    2) Don’t use UPS
    3)Don’t use fedex
    4) Use USPS
    5) Use UPS
    6) Use Fedex
    7) Reverb sucks
    8) eBay sucks
    9) Reverb is good
    10) eBay still sucks

And the most important of all:
    Most new members don’t read past the 1st post, then give advice for something that was resolved 5 pages before their post. :laugh2:

OP, glad it all worked out and you’re happy! Looking forward to seeing some pics!

7. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins Senior Member

I've had 2 seperate occasions where my items were out in limbo for a week or so and 1 that happened today.

1st;
    I buy a vintage pendant off EBay from a seller in my town. Instead of meeting up in person to get it, I instead let them ship it through USPS. The tracking showed that it was delivered but it wasn't. I called the P.O. and spoke with the Post Master. He said it shows on the GPS it was delivered at my house. I searched outside in the bushes etc.... no luck. I called the Post Master told him nope not in the bushes. He said it was delivered and he couldn't do anything about it. I had the feeling he didn't believe me. A week later on a Sunday it was laying at my front door.

2nd;

I ordered a pedal board from Sweetwater. It arrives at the P.O. and goes out for delivery but I never get it. Tracking shows it wasn't delivered either. I call the Post Master once again. I tell him about this item being MIA. It was delivered the Lutheran Church Parsonage 2 blocks away. So i go to the house no one answers. The Post Master had also went there and to the Church no package. I go to the Church and spoke with the Pastor she then calls the lady who is renting the parsonage and this lady said no there wasn't a package there. I called the Post Master again PISSED!!! He said he'll get to the bottom of it. Well the package showed up the following Saturday.

3rd;
    TODAY!!!! The reason why I'm writing this. I bought a 50's wiring harness kit from JonesyBlues for my 79 Tokai. Tracking said it was out for delivery this morning COOL!! Knowing the issues before I'm waiting for the mail truck. The Mailman drives right by didn't even stop at my box!! But he's stopping at other boxes on my side of the street. So i get the keys to the SUV and chase after him. I flag him down and ask him if he has mail for me (I knew he did) he said without even looking around in the mail truck that there was a package for me and he was going to drive back by and drop it off, LIAR!! I'm calling the Post Master on Monday.

I Break Things likes this.
  8. Maynar

Maynar You reached for the secret too soon Premium Member

There's buttheads everywhere. You can't insulate yourself, sadly.

9. Roxy13

Roxy13 Senior Member

Geez! At least my local ones are nice and helpful.

10. vintageguitarz

vintageguitarz Senior Member

You'll be relieved to know that all 10 above are absolutely true ...... still.

Hogie34 likes this.
  11. dmvksv

dmvksv Senior Member

I'd forgotten about the time I ordered a Hofner bass from Sweetwater. Since I wasn't sure what day it would be delivered, I chose the option to have a signature required upon delivery from Fed Ex. Even though I live in a good area, I didn't want it sitting out on the porch if no one was home. I get the tracking info and it's supposed to be delivered next day between 1-3. I happened to be off that day and around 2pm I see a Fed Ex truck turn down the next street. I'm thinking that I would be next but I see the truck drive by my house. After I check tracking and it has changed to "out for delivery". About 7:30 a van with two guys in it pulled into my driveway. No markings on the van, no uniforms, but they had my package and the device Fed Ex uses to collect the signature. The guy said " Sorry it's late, but it was dropped off at the wrong address" How do you drop something off it the wrong location when a signature is required?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  12. brokentoeswalker

brokentoeswalker Senior Member

Damn Scott 351 wins ........ did you bang the mailman's wife or something ?? It seems personal.

I have a great friendship with my carrier. I always have guitars coming and such things, so we've gotten to know each other, he looks out for me and come the holidays i always give him something nice to show my appreciation. I guess i'm lucky.

13. Frogfur

Frogfur Senior Member

Get a gun..

14. vintageguitarz

vintageguitarz Senior Member

I think that most people that regularly receive deliveries via USPS, UPS, Dewey Huey and Louie (aka DHL) and FedEx (etc) have realized that most (not all) employees they hire for these jobs are far below sub-par in intelligence and critical care for your property. Remember all the News videos last year of Drivers throwing packaged over fences at the front door? We just had a FedEx driver hit-n-run killed an older woman on a bicycle up in LA. All they need as a qualification for these jobs is to pass a Drivers License test.

15. 59noob

59noob Senior Member

A couple of years ago USPS lost my guitar. It was a Japan market R9 Murphy Shadow Burst. I never saw it again. Ouch. What a waste!

16. Roxy13

Roxy13 Senior Member

That's terrible :(

brokentoeswalker likes this.
  17. greg berlin

greg berlin Member

THANKS FOR THE POST!! it is very important !!!

18. greg berlin

greg berlin Member

DO THEY WANT ARE GUITARS???

19. I Break Things

I Break Things Senior Member

Kind of unrelated, but I won't order any musical gear on Amazon anymore. I used to order picks, straps, etc., but the last 3 orders have either had counterfeit items or the completely wrong item. Every order was "sold and shipped by Amazon" so it wasn't a sleazy 3rd party seller.

20. I Break Things

I Break Things Senior Member

Nah, I think @Caleb is the one banging the mailman's wife. He's got a thing for Rosie and buffarillas, remember? :laugh2: