UK sellers thread

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by last.train.home, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Big_dawg

Big_dawg Senior Member

2. Luckyhands

Luckyhands Senior Member

For Sale:

2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Desert Burst, 50s neck. Mint condition. (note this is not the "new" 2008 model)

This beautiful guitar has been sat in its case most of its life. Flawless finish, perfect condition! No scratches, dings or anything! Comes with original hard case which is in perfect condition. Comes with manual, pick,papers .This is for sale because shortly after I bought a 57 Goldtop!
    This was purchased for £1600 from Guitar Guitar Newcastle in November - I've the original receipt that buyers are welcome to check out. Understandably I'm wanting to keep losses as low as possible! I am very reluctant to sell this as It's a real beauty but I really can't afford to keep both!

The flame on this guitar is very 3d, no two angles look the same! Some very nice flaming and growth rings (I think that's what they are) visible!

Anyway I'll let the pics do the talking!You can see why the pickguard has not even been fitted.Who'd want to cover a top like that? (and this is of course included in the sale)

Believe me when I say this guitar looks so much better in real life!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is the Goldie that I got - forcing the sale!

I'm looking for around 1300 to soften the loss :(
    This really is a mint condition guitar and case - I'm not really wanting to put this on the bay. This is from a smoke and pet free home :)

3. possumkiller

possumkiller Senior Member

4. fastboy

fastboy Junior Member

Anyone in the UK got a mid 90's Jimmy Page Les Paul signature that they want to sell me????

My Suhr will be gone by Sat and this is a long time coming itch that seriously needs scratching........

5. jimmyq

jimmyq Senior Member

6. phildaws

phildaws Member

given this is the UK sellers thread, just wondering if anyone has managed to find a decent courier for shipping guitars within the EU... spent a few hours searching the net and got pretty much nowhere! Either limited compensation, restrictive max parcel sizes... I need to get my Les Paul to france and a ferry trip is out of the question.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

7. Stowburst

Stowburst V.I.P. Member

I use DHL or Parcelforce.. I have shipped many times from UK to USA & EU etc..I would not bother with UPS!

Where in France is your LP going?

8. phildaws

phildaws Member

Thanks Stowburst, parcelforce had a very well hidden compensation limit of £150 on Guitars.. but will try DHL.

It is off to Lasserre, down in the Dordogne I think... not that familiar with France to be honest.

9. pacerx999

pacerx999 Junior Member

Well I played it the other day and it was not *all* that.

Sure it was a nice guitar but still felt a bit like the budget guitar it is in the way it was put together.

So yeah, nice, great neck, but at £5K you're paying for the investment rather than the tone necessarily. Also, at that price you'd probably never play it for fear of dinging it, it falling over or getting nicked.

Horses for course I suppose!

PX

10. madmax100

madmax100 Junior Member

PM'd you buttas, looking to sell my LP standard faded tobaccoburst for around that amount .

11. MJG

MJG Senior Member

TWO PEDALS FOR SALE

Jim Dunlop 535Q multi-wah
    Dunlop - CRYBABY MULTI-WAH
    In great condition (*see below*) - never been gigged but used at band rehearsals often for about 6 months. Originally bought from my local guitar shop. I have original box and all manuals and instructions. Reason for sale - I bought a new Area 51 wah and dont need this one anymore (*A few months ago I thought there was something wrong with this pedal - it didn't sound the same to my ears as before. My local guitar/amp tech looked over it, cleaned all the contacts and checked it and came to the conclusion it was fine. I believe it sounds different to me now simply because of other effects placement in my chain). Selling for £80 + postage @ cost. UK RRP is £189.95. Cheapest i can find today on the web new from a shop but ex-display is £106.

MXR M117R Flanger
    Dunlop - MXR FLANGER
    In MINT condition - never been gigged or even used outside the house. Originally bought from a local guitar shop. I have all the manuals/warranty card/instructions/leaflets that came with it but for some reason I can't find the original box??? The accessories are all there as new too - the power supply and extra speed knobs that come with it. Reason for sale - I bought this and an Electro Harmonix Flanger at the same time and the EH one works better with the rest of my rig and fits onto my pedalboard better also. Selling for £90 + postage @ cost. RRP is £204.95. Cheapest i can find on the web is ebay at £105 + £7 postage.

If anyone is interested post here or PM. Cheers :D

12. Takeaway

Takeaway Junior Member

Hi there,

Family issues mean i'm selling my best 3 LP's. I know ive not got many posts here (more on HC and plenty of 100% ebay feedback), but if you're interested please get in touch. More photos of everything is available if you like.

The first one is a 2003 59 Reissue with a verified Brazilian rosewood fingerboard (9 3148). It is all stock and comes with its original certificate and lifton case. This guitar was used by Rosetti as a demo guitar for magazines to showcase the changes to the 03 Historic 59’s, probably because of the outrageous top, and I’ve never seen another Brazilian 59 with a quilt. I have (included) one of the magazines that it was featured in.

The condition is very good, but there is some oxidisation on the nickel pup covers and the stop tail. There is also a ding at the base of the rear of the body on the figured mahogany. Its about 5mm diameter. Lastly, there are two lacquer checks on the bass side of the neck pickup running parallel to the fingerboard; they’re about 1.5cm long and only visible on certain angles.

Asking £5000 for this; good Braz R9's never come up in the UK (and IMHO this is one of the very, very best) so i'm using the US prices (seemingly going between $8000 and $10000) and placing mine at the low end of that scale.

[​IMG]

This is the second guitar, a 40th Anniversary R9, Tom Murphy aged. It’s a bit of an anomaly because it is the only 40th Anniversary made in 2000, not 1999 (which was the actual 40th year). It comes with its original certificate showing the serial number and 40th Anniversary designation, along with the original hang tags and the lifton case (which was the first year of them). It currently has a Dr V wiring kit, but I can replace/include the original one (pots, loom, ceramic disk caps) as I’ve kept it with the guitar.

The guitar was in fact custom ordered with both the Bigsby and the stop-tail studs and tailpiece (which are with the guitar) and Gibson have confirmed this. It was the first R9 Tom Murphy ever did with a Bigsby, and there has since been one other, a custom order made in 2003. Tom also autographed the control plate as you can see.

Looking for £5000 for this one too - the last one in the UK that sold (that i can find) was with Guitar Village for £7000, and I had this valued a couple of years ago for in excess of £6000.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lastly my Tom Murphy aged Jimmy Page signature model, its serial number is ‘Page 94’. The guitar has its certificate signed by Jimmy, along with the original black custom shop case. Its got great, thick flames all over the top.

I bought this guitar from a large, reputable dealer a couple of years ago and it too came with an interesting history. I have not attempted to verify the story (but I suppose it could be done) because I have never intended to sell this guitar. The guitar, I’m told, belonged to a tech of Jimmy’s, Mr Ward of Bray Studios in Windsor, and Jimmy spent some time playing this instrument. The address you see in the photo came duck taped to the guitars case. The letter to ‘Colin’ came with it; he was the subsequent owner. The shop advised me that, when I bought the guitar, Jimmy had played on the stings that were on the guitar at the time, so I saved them in the case.

It’s totally stock and the condition is the same as when it left Gibson.

Asking £10,000 for this beast. One sold on ebay UK about a year ago for £10,100 (serial number above 120 – I have a copy of the auction) and number 132 sold in a German store for 18k euros: Custom Shop Les Pauls 1959 & '60 - Flame Tops - MaxGuitarStore

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Email is poli.matthew@gmail.com or 07702 354175. No Paypal on any of these becasue of the insane fees, and I'd MUCH rather meet and do deals in person (in Essex or London, but can deliver) but I will ship, subject to conditions, if you like.

Thanks,
    Matt

13. 2009ab

2009ab Junior Member

These are getting ebay'd today.

i need a black or zebra duncan custom five but either a cc or custom is fine as i can change magnet standard spacing not tb.

trade for either of my:

dimarzio pro track inc original box £46 + postage
    dimarzio fast track 1 £43 + postage
    gibson burstbucker 3 (2 conductor) £50

alternatively these are for sale, if somebody buys both dimarzio's for £90 i'll throw in a black pickguard s/s/s for free

14. imsilly

imsilly Senior Member

Hi,

I have three amps that reluctantly I have to part with.

They are all mint, serviced and full of tone. So just pm your offers or any further questions.

The Bassman is a 1966 AB165 circuit.

The Bandmaster is a 1962 6G7-A (Harmonically Modulated Tremolo) circuit.

The Champ is a 1981 AA764 circuit.

[​IMG]

15. Sorbz62

Sorbz62 Junior Member

FS/ FT in UK:

Marshall JVM 410H Trade for either Marshall SLP 1959 reissue or Peavey JSX head.

Trace-Elliott 4 x 12 cab: Celestion T65 speakers - £120

Rocktron Xpression Rack FX excellent cond: £220

Boss GT10 Ex cond: £250

Ibanez sa360ex very good guitar: £350

All ono. PM if interested.

Ta,
    Jim

16. Calum

Calum Senior Member

Looking for a PRS modern eagle 1 if anyone has one or knows where I can find one in the UK. Red tiger would be preferred but will consider other colours.

Thanks

17. Peaceman

Peaceman Senior Member

18. lamf37

lamf37 Senior Member

19. imsilly

imsilly Senior Member

20. axeman3d

axeman3d Senior Member

j.custom ibanez 8670 one tiny mark on it £850 comes with all the origial case stuff.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also hendrix tribute strat mint condition looking at £1100

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]