UK sellers thread

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by last.train.home, Apr 8, 2009.

1. les y

les y Senior Member

some more photos

Attached Files:

2. Dav2112

Dav2112 Junior Member

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I was wondering roughly how much it'd cost to pickup a MIJ Tokai Love Rock with a single piece back, solid flame top (I prefer a subtle flametop personally, nothing too over the top), long neck tenon joint and a nice nitro finish that will age and check nicely over time.

I'm in the UK and would prefer to buy from someone in the UK too, ideally I'd like the 'burst finish to look aged too, or the very least not that really high gloss finish that my current Tokai has, I've tried to cloud the back using a light rubbing with Scotchbrte pads but it's left me with some horrible swirl marks on the finish, so I'm not even going to bother attempting any more of this current guitar, it's already covered in dents and dings out of the finish due to my clumsyness over the 13 years I've own it, but it's quilted veneer slapped onto a plain maple cap with a full Cherry Red finish, and I just want a nice looking understated flametop to add to my collection of guitars.

I only have one LP style guitar and that's the LS80Q already mentioned, but I've always really wanted to own a 'burst finish Lester Pigot.

Also, I'm not fussed about a vintage Tokai, I'm happy to buy a newer Tokai model to try and forfill my needs for a new LP style guitar, also I've been reading about Bacchus Classic Line, and on Reverb I seen one for about £795 earlier which is less than I expected these guitars to be after reading about how many users here who have them and how they swear by them being really high end guitars.

Basically any MIJ LP Standard style guitar with the true open book headstock shape, and the understated flame maple cap as well.

Anyone who has anything along these lines that are willing to sell on, could you please get back to me on here to show me what you have available?

Thanks in advance.

3. les y

les y Senior Member

sold

4. valvetoneman

valvetoneman Senior Member

Seeing if anyone fancys a handmade 54 goldtop style Les Paul
    It's an old mahogany back that is very special looking
    Mojo pickups p90's, schaller grandtunes, rockinger wraptail
    I'm looking for about £1600 ono

I do have more pictures etc also my email is danielsguitarsuk@ gmail.com

Full pro demo on you tube

https://youtu.be/vZ28wCIe8nY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. craigeymac

craigeymac Senior Member

Hey guys
    I have a Fender Mustang III 100watt amp for sale if anyone is interested. £100 collected from Heathrow

email, kraigeyroxx@hotmail.co.uk

6. Slo'boy

Slo'boy Junior Member

Do you have a Martin 000-18 sitting in a corner unused? Fancy a LP Traditional modded with a '59 TRC, Gibson Historic pickup rings, top hat knobs, vintage amber toggle switch tip in beautiful Lightburst? Please get in touch to see if we can work out a deal.
    UK only please

7. snakepit87

snakepit87 Senior Member

Here for sale or trade is my Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Class 5 in Red Tiger Flame Top.
    Amazing guitar, weight relieved, fitted with :slash: Alnico 2's so very bright and loud!
    In very good condition with minimal playware, comes with custom gibson case and COA.
    Looking for £2200 cash for it or if you have a nice old (late 80's/early 90's) Les Paul standard plus some cash my way. So show me what you've got!
    Guitar is located in Sevenoaks, Kent. Could meet somewhere for the right deal or send via courier once both parties are happy.
    Pm me for details, more pics or offers.
    Cheers
    Carl

Attached Files:

8. Zepp76

Zepp76 Senior Member

Still looking for a Marshall JTM45 reissue, must be stock no mods.

Not interested in fakes, copies or clones. Sorry.

Edit: Would also be interested in a Marshall cab with Greenbacks.

9. Slo'boy

Slo'boy Junior Member

no longer for sale!!

10. tolm

tolm Bigsby Junkie Premium Member

Tone King Majesty (Royalist) Head and 2x12 Cabinet

Selling my Tone King - fantastic, lightweight setup for Marshall tones at any volume thanks to the built in Iron Man attenuators. This is Majesty #013 so one of the few built before the name change to Royalist - potential collectors item? Who knows but it's one cracking sounding amp!

In very good condition: a few marks on the cab tolex, couple of the knobs have some scratches and there's a little nick in the fret-cloth but nothing to write home about. Currently running TAD EL34s - and sounds cracking with them - but can be rebiased for 6L6s or KT66s as well.

Looking for £1900 for the pair. Collection from Hampshire preferred but happy to work things out as needed.

[​IMG][

11. tolm

Now up on eBay:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tone-King-M...%3A7acc0f6615a0a60ce5b185edffed47bb%7Ciid%3A1

Would consider trades involving a Marshall Bluesbreaker combo or similar - possibly a JTM45 and cab.

12. tolm

13. tolm

14. tolm

15. jporch316

jporch316 Senior Member

On the lookout for a Gibson Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior single cut white or black - keep me in my mind if you are selling!!

16. tolm

17. loverocker

loverocker Member

Guytron GT-100 valve amplifier

A unique guitar amplifier that manages to do the impossible - giving you fully cranked valve tone at any level from 0W to 100W. You get power tube distortion and saturation without having to shake the windows of your home or getting shut down by the venue's overly-keen SPL meter.

Here's how: Guy Hedricks put two valve amplifiers into one box! The output of the first amplifier runs into a dummy load and then feeds the input of the second amplifier. You get a 2 channel amp at the front end, each with controls for Gain, Tone and (channel) Volume. This is a full 18W vintage-voiced amplifier, with chimey clean, sparkly overdrive and medium-gain lead tones.

The output then provides an FX loop. Now, because this is after the power valve distortion of the first amp, you get proper rich and clear time-domain FX (chorus, delay, reverb). Then you get a full set of Treble, Middle, Bass and Presence tone controls before your guitar signal is fed into the 100W power amp and your speakers.

It's a patented system, which is why you don't see it everywhere. Eddie Van Halen did something like this in the 1980s with several boxes (Palmer PDI-03 and then an HH V800 rackmount amp). Randy Bachman also with the Herzog (by Garnet amps). There's a nice write-up on that here: http://www.garnetamps.com/zog_story.htm

Built like a brick sh*thouse, and in very good condition. Sells for $3000 new. Bring your favourite guitar (to Cambridge) and give it a blast.

Price: £1500 (also listed on Ebay t a higher figure to cover their fees)

Attached Files:

18. tolm

Bluesbreaker itch has been scratched by order of an incoming Marshall JTM1C -which will be a great home jamming amp - but I still want to shift the Tone King as I'll be using my Supro for gigging ...

Price drop to just £1500 + P&P or will consider part-ex / trades: chunky necked Strats or Les Paul Juniors would be of particular interest.

19. loverocker

loverocker Member

ESP George Lynch Kamikaze

If you like George Lynch, then you already know this guitar. It's one of the first series of signatures for his 'Kamikaze' guitar. So it has a maple body, wide neck, ebony fingerboard, yadda, yadda. It's the earlier type, where the Floyd bridge is not fitted into a recess in the body.

[​IMG]

Thanks to the maple body and ebony fingerboard, the note definition is excellent - even when you pile on the distortion FX.

[​IMG]

Superb condition, except for a broken top E which I'll sort out! (forgot about that before putting it away in the case about a year ago!)

Price: £2000, collect from Cambridge

(NOTE: This is the proper high-end MIJ signature, not the lookalike from the LTD range.)

20. NitroExpress

NitroExpress Junior Member

I have an early 90's Jtm 45 reissue, was upgraded with point to point wiring and mecury magnetic transformers.

If you have any interest

I'll get your more information