UK MLP Meet. Bridport 21st May 2010

Discussion in 'MLP Meets' started by John Vasco, May 22, 2010.

1. Adwex

Adwex V.I.P. Member

Wow, Lauren's singing makes the hair on my arm stand up, and sends chills down my spine.

Very cool guitar solos by everyone too.

:applause:

2. Cookie-boy

Cookie-boy Senior Member

Bastard!!!!:laugh2::laugh2:

3. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

:lol: You should have told Lauren to get me. I thought I'd have a quick go on a game my son gave me which is the latest 'Call Of Duty'. I'd tried the same level about twenty times and failed every time. I eventually figured out I was protecting the wrong thing..:laugh2:
    My wife came in from work as I was blowing up something and when I told her I'd just finished a level she calmly said 'Very nice dear, do you think I can watch the news now?':shock: ..Big boys toys eh?

Thanks for putting up that vid Harmony. What a collection of oddballs in one garden eh ?.:laugh2::laugh2:

:dude:

4. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

It's a J 180EC. I don't think there are that many finished in that colour and with the headstock crown logo. Evidently Guitar Center in America do them in all black, but without the gold Grovers, all the MOP stars up the board and no crown logo, This one was made in Bozeman Montana. The back is flame grained bookmatched maple.
    The reason I got it, was that a dealer friend of mine in Vegas sold it to me for a very good price.
    A big fat bright Gibson sound, which is ideal for doing gigs with my daughter.
    [​IMG]

5. kernelofwisdom

kernelofwisdom V.I.P. Member

I thought I'd drained them all out before you ever touched it!

6. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

She just told me to tell you that it was very nice of you to say that.
    Her and I have an acoustic gig on the coast this afternoon. Just changed my strings, thanks to Harmony who kindly brought me 1/2 doz or so sets over...:laugh2:

7. paulygates

paulygates Senior Member

I'm in! My old band used to play that.

8. jimmyq

jimmyq Senior Member

Love the garden Jam guys, top quality singing and playing all round (even Drude! :laugh2:)

Next year I'll book in for the two days, rather than just the one. Sound like I missed out on a lot of fun on day two. :thumb:

9. Drudeboy

Drudeboy V.I.P. Member

Even Drude!!? It was totally unfair, they all knew I was awesome so they denied me the use of a pick, I had to play it like a bass ! ;-)

10. jimmyq

jimmyq Senior Member

Only teasing, the whole jam sounded just great, top work by all of you.

P.S. (Even Cookie :laugh2:)

11. Cookie-boy

Cookie-boy Senior Member

12. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

Some new pics of the meet kindly donate by Ben . There are quite a few, but I have to re-size them and upload them, so it may take a little time. Photobucket is going very slow at present.

I thought I'd experiment on me first..:laugh2:

[​IMG]

13. Adwex

Adwex V.I.P. Member

Phil, from what I've seen so far, Humph has been sitting out for most of this event. Did you two have an argument? :laugh2:

14. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

Hi Adwex,
    Nah, I'm just not one of those nerdy people who swear by using this or that. I just tend to use whatever fits the job on hand. Sometimes I will use Humph exclusively, sometmes a Strat, sometimes an acoustic.
    Notice that in the garden vid, I gave Drude my Gibson. Cookie Laurens guitar and I used a battered old nylon strung flamenco guitar.
    I'm not really fussy. As long as it has six strings and plays and sounds OK it's good enough for me.:laugh2:

15. John Vasco

John Vasco I'm with the band V.I.P. Member

So where's the rest of the pics you talked about, bollock-brains???

16. Cookie-boy

Cookie-boy Senior Member

Good point, Vasco!!! Looks like an exercise in self-promotion!!!:laugh2::laugh2:

17. Cookie-boy

Cookie-boy Senior Member

I just found this vid on my phone. I forgot about it, or should I say "fergeddaboudid".............This was after the jam at Phil's place, we had to drive back to the hotel to pick up two taxi's to take us to the Indian restaurant. It was all a mad rush, even Snaresy was moving like greased weasel shit, we jumped in the cabs and roared off into the night! We'd ordered the beers, were munching through the popadoms, perusing the menu's when someone said "Hang on...........where's Frank?"...............:shock::laugh2:

Yours truly volunteered.............

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uf_AOEX9ao]YouTube - 22052010260.mp4[/ame]

18. John Vasco

John Vasco I'm with the band V.I.P. Member

That is epic! It will go down in the annal of UK MLP meets. Those young original attendees will talk about that in years to come: 'Remember at the first meet when Frank was left behind, and the Cookie-monster had to go and fetch him, and found him all alone and forlorn...' Bloody Southerners! That's the kind of trick Scousers would do deliberately. You Southerners made a complete arsehole of things! :laugh2: :dude: Poor Frank...!

19. Cookie-boy

Cookie-boy Senior Member

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Frank enjoys his own company and would have sat there for three hours as long as he had a few beers and ciggies!:thumb:

20. snaredrum

snaredrum V.I.P. Member

he seriously didn't mind, did he? he was just like

"i figured you'd either find me or you wouldn't. menck."

brilliant guy