UK MLP meet 2011

Discussion in 'MLP Meets' started by Phil47uk, May 26, 2010.

1. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

Oh well nothing like starting early I suppose.

The guvenor of the pub, Simon so enjoyed the evening that he has said we are all very welcome to hold the event at the Crown next year too if we so wish.
    John had a good idea in as much as that if enough people are attending next year, perhaps we could hold it as a two day event?
    The nice thing about the venue is that it's close to the sea and everyone can spend their day on the beach. Walking the countryside or round my place hanging out, which is better than kiling time in some hotel room and walking around a hot crowded town somewhere.
    If anyone is into camping and who have tents, I also know enough people with land you could pitch a tent up in for a couple of days for free too.

Anyway, nothing like getting the ball rolling early, so I thought I'd just throw this at everyone to add to and discuss.

Phil.

2. jimmyq

jimmyq Senior Member

Good grief, Phil, you just don't quit, huh?!

You guessed it, count me in!

3. John Vasco

John Vasco I'm with the band V.I.P. Member

I'll be phoning Phil tonight, and we'll start the ball rolling for next year for you guys... :dude:

4. Harmony

Harmony V.I.P. Member

I am going to do whatever it takes to get over again next year :)

I will also pluck up courage to play something next time.

Is it possible to have it in other corner? Maybe tables may have to be moved around, but we won't be blocking toilets other side :laugh2:

5. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

Can't get too much of a good thing.. Proud to have you on board Jimmy.
    Actually it was Vasco who came up with the idea of getting 2011 rolling now. He's still so exited from last week that he's already Pm'd me about it and is packing for next year. :laugh2:
    (Let's just only hope arrives in a decent pair of shorts next time). :rolleyes:

:laugh2::laugh2:

6. FrankieOliver

FrankieOliver Senior Member

You can count me in as well. I wouldn't miss it for anything. :thumb:

Shit, I was already contemplating taking a holiday over in Bridport to do some painting, writing and relaxing during the cold and quiet months. It is such a beautiful place. I'm sure if I keep it up, my wife will be handing me a one-way ticket. :laugh2:

7. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

You and the kernel had better be there, or we'll get the US to deport you.

If you ever want to paint and chill out round that area to write and paint I'll put the feelers round for you for a place with some privacy and not pricey.
    Hell man bring the wife over, there is just so much for her to see round these parts.

8. FrankieOliver

FrankieOliver Senior Member

Thanks, Phil. If I get over there off-season, I'll give you a holler well ahead. As for the next Meet, I will be there and ready to join in the jam. :thumb:

9. davebag89

davebag89 Banned

Phil old chap, I shall pack my tent, don a kilt and bring a les paul copy from my arsenal and I shall be in Sunny Bridport next year with all of you fine chaps and chapettes :thumb:

10. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

Dead right you will be Dave.:dude:

11. L60N

L60N Senior Member

Put me and my (very soon to be) wife down. There'll be 2 seats in the back if anyone needs a lift from the shire :)

12. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

Here ya go Frank.. Sit with the missus and watch the seasons roll by on the river Torridge not far from here with the music of Vaughn Williams who captures England so exquisitely in his writing and also a couple of pic of the scenery you passed on the way to my house. This is also for kernelofwisdom too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-kWBOvfwdg]YouTube - River Torridge - Fantasia on a Theme[/ame]

Golden Cap which is the big cliff you could see to your right when you were on the beach.
    [​IMG]

You were in West Bay which is in the background where the valley dips near the sea which you can make out on the horizon. This pic is taken from where my daughter keeps her horse which is about a mile or so from us.

[​IMG]

Just trying to wet your appetite for another visit. Hope your missus can make it too
    Remember the green Frank..Remember the green.. Hypnotic suggestion. :laugh2:

13. Stowburst

Stowburst V.I.P. Member

Well I'm in and this time I will bring Bethany down too! I think you should use same Drummer and Basspalyer too.. they were rock solid

14. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

Stow I was dissapointed you didn't bring Bethany, she's a lovely girl and a great singer too. Lauren and her could have done a number together.

15. Stowburst

Stowburst V.I.P. Member

I know.. I should have brought her down..:rolleyes: nxt year for sure! :thumb:

did you get my PM about that student of yours?

16. L60N

L60N Senior Member

*edit* Double postage - iphone woes :eek:

17. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

Love to see you both.. :dude:

18. L60N

L60N Senior Member

Likewise Phil. I'll learn a couple of licks and bring my banjocaster, we'll show em! ;)

19. Jason

Jason Senior Member

Getting a little jealous here... if I happen upon a mysterious inheritance, you'll definitely have me to put up with. :D

20. Drudeboy

Drudeboy V.I.P. Member

Two nights sounds good, you couldn't expect the band to play for much longer than they did in one go.

I hope the Crown will be big enough for 2011, gonna be a tight squeeze if there are a lot more attendees.

Suppose I'll bring the Mrs next year too, she can help with the bar bill :thumb: