Two Notes Torpedo Studio

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by NeubyWanKaneuby, Dec 9, 2016.

1. NeubyWanKaneuby

NeubyWanKaneuby Senior Member

I'm thinking about picking one of these up. Anyone have/use one?

I've watched a couple of videos, and they seem like they're worth the coin, but wanted to get a couple more opinions before I pulled the trigger.

2. kfowler8

kfowler8 Senior Member

Never played the Studio but I have the Live version. Honestly it's the best piece of equipments I've Visigoth on years. Very flexible and doesn't sterilize your amp. There's a pretty big difference between one speaker sim and the next which is how it should be. Speakers make such a huge difference. I also like how you can try different mics and positions.

Couple things I really like about it. What you hear coming out of the speakers is what it's going to sound like on the recording. How often do you hear a great 4x12 cab and then you listen to the recording and it sounds nothing like it. I also like how I don't have to lug around a speaker cab. Probably not as important for the studio version.

One word of warning. I struggled getting clean tones at first. Then I figured out it was because i was cranking my amp up so high it was naturally breaking up. I wasn't used to being able to push the amp that hard. I finally learned to back off the master.

3. NeubyWanKaneuby

Thanks! I've never heard anyone talk much about the clean tones, as most of the demos I've watched are pretty much focused on high gain stuff.

I'm still on the fence about it, but I really think I want one. It's just a matter of logistics for me now.

4. 155

155 Senior Member

torpedo live is so awesome..studio will be great highly recommmend

5. NeubyWanKaneuby

Quick question: The Remote software. Is that run inside or outside your DAW? I have the WoS plugin, but it seems like the Remote works a lot better than that (at least in most of the videos I've seen of the Live and Studio).

6. kfowler8

kfowler8 Senior Member

If I'm think of the same thing, you can run it outside your DAW.

7. NeubyWanKaneuby

8. 155

155 Senior Member

yes outside or in..

9. NeubyWanKaneuby

Thanks!