Tube amps are on borrowed time

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by Mr Insane, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Premium Member V.I.P. Member

I don't see a thing that was said by me in this thread that could or would cause someone to get pissed. All I can think of is some dudes know the reactions the mods have and they play it up to harm others just because they don't like or agree and can't win the argument in an open forum.

As an example... What was meant by the complaint that Cyber and me challenge people's knowledge. This forum is filled with guys with varying levels of knowledge on different topics. isn't that shared among US.

Furthermore In the 100s of clips I have posted, I want someone to show me one time, just one, when I challenge somebody to a playing duel. Where did that come from.???

I'm not a religious person but it certainly smells like bearing false witness against your neighbor.

cybermgk likes this.
  2. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

Here's the way I see it around here. The modeling section was created to give a place to those of us who like the tech to have open discussions about it. If someone from the tube side of the squawk comes in to the modeling side of the squawk and challenges what we like and we bark back, WE are to blame. If one of us goes into the tube side of the squawk and challenges what they like and they bark back WE are to blame. There really is no winning this. Hence why I read much more than I post nowadays. There is a clear bias that happens here. So what shall be shall be.

cybermgk, AmpedUp and frankv like this.
  3. KenG

KenG Senior Member

When I read the "complaint" it sounded like someone has a problem with you and Cyber generally, it also read like the person was pretty immature. My adviice is to ignore those who step in here to argue or rebuttal pro-modelling thread comments. We need to have thicker skins.

4. VictorB

VictorB Formerly LZF Super Mod

Agreed. That’s why I don’t see the need for a thread titled “Tube amps are on borrowed time”

If this was a baseball forum, and this was the Yankee’s section, I wouldn’t post a thread titled “The Red Sox blow”, I’d probably post something about the Yankee’s players, team, stadium....

This may not be in the Squawk Box section but it incites fighting by design. Is that all modeling fans talk about? How it’s “the end” for tube amps? Surely there are other more constructive things to talk about.

Rocco Crocco, RAG7890, paruwi and 8 others like this.
  5. Shelbyblues

Shelbyblues Senior Member

I know I have stated numerous times I could give a damn who plays what.

When I participated in this thread I just voiced my differing opinion on the "thread topic" as well as some others have.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I was never mad about viewpoints different than mine.

I have nothing against modelers or anyone who uses them. They just don't float my boat at this point.

The thread topic was controversial to say the least! :laugh2:

6. frankv

Well Ken, of course you are correct. But I am still waiting to see when and how I ever challenged anyone to a playing duel as has been described in this latest complaint.

Furthermore. I'm shocked that any of this would result in being called a bitch and being part of a group of bitches? That was incredible to read.

cybermgk and cherrysunburst00 like this.
  7. cherrysunburst00

cherrysunburst00 Senior Member

Totally agree with everything you said, Brother.
    Nah, you've never challenged anyone to a duel, Brother Frank. In fact, you've been very encouraging and supportive towards people to post their playing, and you've articulated your interest quite nicely. :cheers2: (root beer for me, Brother).

But I really do have to admit that LT's first post today in particular had me :rofl:. In fact, as I prepare to hit the hay for tonight, I'm really trying not to think about it because is still has me rolling on the floor [​IMG]

frankv likes this.
  8. cherrysunburst00

cherrysunburst00 Senior Member

[​IMG]
    LtDave riding herd on MLP :laugh2:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    Splattle101 likes this.
  9. drew365

drew365 Senior Member

I think it should be noted that the person who started this asinine thread, has never posted to it again since the first post. Smacks of a set up to me.

10. LtDave32

LtDave32 Sua Sponte Super Mod Premium Member

That's completely ridiculous. Did you even read the sticky I wrote in the top of this forum?

paruwi likes this.
  11. LtDave32

Right. And I've said that time and time again, Vic. Celebrate what you have and love. Discuss it all you wish. But there's no need to put down what other people love.

Yet I've seen that time and time again.

It's coming to the point where I'm just going to eliminate the bad-mouthers altogether. End the damn problem.

73171 likes this.
  12. LtDave32

Maybe it was directed at the ones who act like it. Who act like silly little girls, getting snarky with others, etc.

I'm friggin' tired of the squabbling. Friggin grow up for chrissake.

paruwi likes this.
  13. LtDave32

Maybe I'd better say this again, just for clarity:

And if you argue with ME, the same applies.

I'll not tolerate an argument over moderating. Don't like it? Go elsewhere.

paruwi likes this.
  14. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

Not intending to argue with you whatsoever. But I think you are reading A LOT into that thread title. The title is someone trying to explain their personal experience of trying out today's modern modeling, and for them it was so much of an epiphany that it actually made them question, "are tube amps on borrowed time"? It was about their personal experience that they went through.

It was not a malicious thread title that was put out there in order to get tube amp users pissed off and bait them into an argument. If that was the intent it would have been posted directly into the squawk, but it wasn't, it was posted over here, in the modeling section, where other like minded individuals would understand and discuss the epiphany that this person had. We can not be to blame because squawkers decided to come to this section and saw something they didn't like and get bent about it. To put it simply, if someone went into the Les Paul section and said, "just played a Gibson, and boy do epiphones suck" that is not malicious, but going into the epi sections and posting the same thread would be. But their is a big difference.

You have to remember that for many of us here in this section of the forum, when we got our Axe/kemper/helix, we ended up selling most if not all of our tube amps, so we all, for the most part, went through that epiphany of "WOW holy shit this is really good, I think my conventional amps are on borrowed time".

But at no point did anyone here go into the tube amp section and start a thread, "your tube amps blow". We stayed over here in our corner, and discussed what this section is here to discuss, modeling. And for some of the users here who are going through their first experience with todays tech, it is so much of a "guitar life changing" event, that they post things like "holy hell, I just discovered something new to me that makes me completely rethink everything I thought I knew".

The bottom line is, those who do not want to read about things that go against their beliefs should probably avoid coming to a section and then be shocked and surprised when they read things that go against them. Just because they use the guise of, "no really, I am genuinely interested" doesn't mean that is their intent, and by now we can all tell the difference.

Instead, they come in here, read something that gets their panties in a bunch, and they decide to join the conversation to offer a rebuttal, and then when they realize they aren't able to sway us back to their beliefs system, they run and tell. So essentially that complaint was "I went over into the modeling section, and they said something about what I believe in that I didn't like, and when I tried to defend what I believe in cyber and frank bullied me, can you go do something about it?" when the whole thing could have been avoided had that person just read what they read, and said, "oh those silly modeling people" and moved along. But they never do, they always feel the need to come in and say something, and inevitably end up leaving butt hurt because they can't change our minds... and yes, some how WE always end up being the bad guys. But let me ask this, when was the last time one of us went trolling over in the other section?

cybermgk and frankv like this.
  15. frankv

But Roland. Do you see the problem here. Anyone can say another to incite a response from the Mods around here. That in and of itself is just wrong. Like I say, it is bearing false witness against your neighbor..

cybermgk and cherrysunburst00 like this.
  16. frankv

That right there..

cherrysunburst00 likes this.
  17. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

Please just make it go away!
    I hate these threads with a passion. I look forward to this one disappearing.
    This is such a great sub forum. I've met so many cool people and have received so much quality information. I took the long way on this journey. Longer than most. Many have watched. Many have helped. I'm thankful for the many what I now call friends. I'm thankful for the volumes of knowledge that's been shared with me by several people who actually know what they're talking about. Look at all the threads below this one. All of em are great reading. Good guys sharing good experiences. Personally, I find all the ones like this one embarrassing. I wish we could call for a clean up on isle 3 and this one would go away. I wish we wouldn't do this again.
    It's not what we're here for.

cherrysunburst00 and frankv like this.
  18. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

Daycare-Center is...
    closed-1.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.