Tube amps are on borrowed time

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by Mr Insane, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

Hey Frank, how's it going there, mate?

James R and frankv like this.
  2. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Hi Chris.

Pretty much back to normal. I lost 3 weeks of work revenue but other then that no real problems

The trees that were uprooted are still in front of everyones house as the city is swamped in the clean up efforts.

Thanks for asking my brother...

3. KenG

KenG Senior Member

Unfortunately there are some thin-skinned folks here on the forum. Probably grew up running to mommy when things didn't go their way too. I've read a lot worse arguments and mud slinging on some of the other forums with no one crying about it. If you're going to dish it out you should expect to take some in return. But the rules here are more strictly enforced, just have to make sure not to cross the line. Victor basically just gave a warning to keep it civil.

4. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

"Cranked" in 2017 speak means gain on "10" master volume on "1". :p

5. hbucker

hbucker Senior Member

I've had my friend (who owns and FXII) help me create some IRs modeling my 212 guitar cab. So I've set up some live patches on my AXC8 that send one signal to the house using IRs and another to my power amp and 212 speaker.

This way all of the speakers are some version of the same sound: IRs and actual cab.

It certainly isn't necessary to do this, but I figure it can help resolve some headaches with getting the sounds to blend. ...And it's kind of fun to do. :cheers2:

Splattle101 and mdubya like this.
  6. RAG7890

RAG7890 Premium Member

I’m amazed to hear that any reports have been made Frank.

Cheers, Rudi

frankv and northernguitarguy like this.
  7. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

How do I dial in the tone of old men bickering?

8. frankv

Yeah man. I don't know. What I would guess is that Victor isn't reading all the posts in this modeling thread and giving out a warning because of what he saw. It would seem to me that there have been members among us that took offence.. Or in today's terms they were TRIGGERED...

I wish those that are offended by things said in a forum would either go to the room that best agrees with their points of view.. OR... Speak up inside the forum stating what the objection is and engaging in a discussion where points on both sides are stated. It would seem that would be common sense... but as we know, it isn't.

cybermgk and RAG7890 like this.
  9. frankv

That's an internal adjustment and can not be done simply by tweaking a few knobs on the control panel. Sometimes it requires an entire rework of the item in question.:dunno:

northernguitarguy and mdubya like this.
  10. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

always the same.....

Update: Behaviors expected in this forum. Please read before posting

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    RAG7890 and frankv like this.
  11. frankv

can we have one of these post where Cyber and FrankV dont take over the mod's job. In every one of these they challenge others to a duel- either a playing duel, knowledge duel or whatever. If You say you have gone there and did not like it..they start being somewhat abusive. Complete intolerance IMHO

Thanks for posting the complaint. At least we know that there was someone that was triggered. Are there any actual examples of this that we can learn from? Or is it just someone with an ax to grind? Because throwing around comments like the above is not to be taken lightly by ME or I am sure by Cyber as myself and Cyber have gone above and beyond in helping everyone. I have spent my own money in helping dudes out on this forum and to hear people state what was stated needs to be considered a serious attack on my involvement in this forum

RAG7890 likes this.
  12. RAG7890

RAG7890 Premium Member

Well, I am on the generally Tube side of things but have an interest in modelling............I have not been offended by any of the Posts.

I think we have all seemed to progress past the bickering & now most of t seems to be banter, which should not offend anyone really.

Certainly have to have a little passion, so I can understand where Modelling enthusiasts are coming from.

My 2c FWIW.

Cheers, Rudi

13. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

14. LtDave32

LtDave32 Sua Sponte Super Mod Premium Member

You know, it's amazing that mods still have to come in here and take toys away from babies fighting over them.

I swear to Christ you guys are like a bunch of high school girls fighting over shades of lipstick or popular boyfriends or some $hit.

You bitches need to grow the F up and handle your postings like men.

I have F--king HAD IT with this namby-pamby romper-room argue crap.

Next person I see get into some personal insult scrap, they are gone for good. Both or all involved.

And if you argue with ME, the same applies.

15. LtDave32

Furthermore,

I don't care what any particular member or group or whatever has "done" for the forum. Nobody is 'juiced in', allowed special commentary, immune from time outs, whatever.

What we as moderators DO care about is people getting along so others watching are not discouraged from participating or leave the forum.

This is a time-proven method that we subscribe to; shut the troublemakers up or get rid of them if they won't shut up.

I haven't gone off in here in quite a while. I thought that we all had reached an understanding months ago. And every time I get dragged back in here to clean up the barf and the butthurt, I get that much more pissed.

And NO, I'm not "entertaining PMs on this issue". Don't even think about it. Just get along or get gone.

16. Shelbyblues

Shelbyblues Senior Member

I can't imagine how a simple difference of opinion on this topic, or any topic for that matter, would warrant a complaint to a mod. :dunno:

It's not like someone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to comply to their way of thinking.

Glad to see you weathered the storm okay.

frankv and northernguitarguy like this.
  17. matthew bear

matthew bear Senior Member

ok, well....

so... umm....

Hey guys! play guitar lately? I did, but it was not a specific type of equipment or anything... I like everyone. Les Pauls, right?

upload_2017-10-1_15-10-33.png

mdubya and Shelbyblues like this.
  18. Shelbyblues

Shelbyblues Senior Member

LOL

19. LtDave32

One can discuss whatever they want, whatever gear, with within the rules.

But when it gets ugly, that's were we step in.

It's all up to you (collectively), really. You have the guidelines, and you know were the line is.

Put it this way; what sort of conversation would one carry on in a pub, face-to-face? And if one started a fight, what would the bouncer do?

Being on the internet is no damn excuse. Not one that *I* recognize anyway.

20. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

:facepalm:

Didn't really appear that anyone got in any kind of argument. Discussions yes, but didn't see any arguments. Kinda surprising really...
    I think some people need to step away from their computers for a while if they are taking anything that happens here to heart, and let themselves get so worked up over a conversation...

On a side note, this comment is not directed at anyone, nor is it a discussion with anyone but myself...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.