Tube amps are on borrowed time

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by Mr Insane, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmd

mmd Senior Member

:D

James R likes this.
  2. pnuggett

pnuggett Senior Member

Contribution overload.:lol:

mmd likes this.
  3. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

But it says it all, in one little emoji

mmd likes this.
  4. mmd

mmd Senior Member

LOl, yeah....but it's nice to see some others sharing. Believe it or not, man, I DO feel like a broken record!!!!

5. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

I mean we have managed to get 44 pages in without anyone getting butthurt, I think we're ok. Have a little faith.;)

frankv and mmd like this.
  6. alstev

alstev Senior Member

My Kemper showed up today, I've been playing it for a couple hours, just the presets through some nice headphones, and it sounds killer. I can't play loud where I live so this is the perfect rig for me. I'm a little overwhelmed right now theres a lot to digest, add to that all the profiles available online and holy shit it's mind boggling.

7. James R

James R Premium Member

Awesome!
    I'd love to get a Kemper.
    I saw one yesterday at my local shop, they want over $3,300 CDN for it before taxes, so it's not in my immediate future unfortunately.

I'm stoked for you though, the Kemper is a really cool unit, enjoy!

Oh, and HNKD!

8. KenG

KenG Senior Member

I'm so effing envious of you guys that have this high end modelling gear right now!
    Our CAD is still low against the USD and I simply can't spare the $$$ right now and likely not for sometime but if I could...........
    I have S Gear and it's fun and cool but it ties me to my computer room which is a bummer.
    Enjoy guys!

frankv and mdubya like this.
  9. cybermgk

K.

1. Register at Kemper (needed to do the rest)
    2. Get Rig Manager loaded up.
    3. Make sure you have the most current firmware.
    4. Download (trial via Rig Manager) some of the free rigs from the premier profilers on the Kemper site (esier with Rig Manager).

The loaded rigs are good, but some of the above are just killer.

Oh and welcome to the KPA Killers.

frankv and alstev like this.
  10. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

James, this was my experience when I was shopping for a monitor at the local GC. When I said I had an AX8, half the employees came over to tell ME how great it was. I was half surprised they even knew what it was. They were as excited to talk about it as I was.

frankv, mmd and James R like this.
  11. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

That is awesome! You are going to have so much fun! :applause: :thumbs:

Settle in. You are going to be mind boggled and overwhelmed for a little while! :laugh2:

frankv likes this.
  12. cybermgk

I also envy you your weekend. That first weekend, as you play to raw fingers, your ears and mind opening to the possibilities. Your only a virgin once.

frankv, matthew bear and AmpedUp like this.
  13. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

I have gone back to boosting the HF driver. I think I need it at the volumes I play. I saw some demos where it was mentioned. I think if I played a little bit louder, going back to flat response would be best. The Matrix FR10 and 12 have that option and recommend using it for low volume and to combat bass boominess, for example.

I also played through my headphones for an hour or two this morning. Freaking glorious eargasm. :acoustic:

matthew bear likes this.
  14. alstev

alstev Senior Member

Just to stay on topic there were a lot of knowing smiles, and looks between the staff at the music store when they brought out my Kemper today, "welcome to the club", one of them said, "everyone that works here has one." I had to wait weeks to get it so demand is high. If all the young guys are going digital then it's just a matter of time, the 18 to 35 demographic decides what the market does, baby boomers are pretty much done buying amps.

frankv and cybermgk like this.
  15. KenG

KenG Senior Member

Enjoy! While the technology is there, attitudes formed from many years (some based on past experience, some based on "popular opinion") will not change as quickly, if in some cases at all. People will do what they do but I agree the younger generation won't have the same prejudgice and will base their opinions on how well the tech does what they want. The ability to have a configurable pedal board, host of amps and cabs, easily and instantly recalled at your "toes" will definite,y appeal to folks. Especially with today's tech savy youth.

cybermgk and frankv like this.
  16. Splattle101

Splattle101 V.I.P. Member

It's funny, I had nearly the exact opposite response yesterday while testing out a modeller and powered wedge. In relation to the wedge, I asked the young dude what he uses and he said, 'Oh, me? I use a couple of AC30s, cranked.' :rofl:

17. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

I follow a bunch of very young LA bands. There is a pretty strong scene going there. I have to say the nearly all of them are playing vintage style instruments and amps; mostly Fenders and Voxes and Supros and old Silvertones.

Actually, one of them, Henri Cash of Starcrawler, plays a pair of Super Reverbs with a Big Muff and a Tube Screamer. Makes a pretty decent setup on the AX8. FWIW- Henri just turned 17 and their singer, Arrow deWilde, just turned 18. They have played festivals in the UK and are one of the hottest bands in LA.

[​IMG]

^^^ Henri with a 3 string Epi Les Paul tuned to Open G.

18. RAG7890

RAG7890 Premium Member

Scuba Diver’s Motto...........no Sea too rough, no “muff” too tough. :D

:cheers2:

mdubya likes this.
  19. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Yeah well Cranked amps are about as rare as tits on a bull these days.. So I wouldn't take away too much from that encounter.

20. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Well while you would think that.. Actually there must be butthurt because reports have made it to Victor. Reports on what? I could never guess.

RAG7890 and northernguitarguy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.