Traded One Off Day. Kramer to Squier

Discussion in 'Fender' started by efstop, Oct 4, 2017.

1. efstop

efstop Senior Member

Wasn't sure if Squier belongs here or under "Other Guitars" but since Fender owns the name, here it is.

I traded off the Kramer Baretta Special I bought two months ago for a used Squier Vintage Modified Mustang. No one here stocks new ones but although I was willing to pay the $410 CDN for one, I didn't want to order one. Today I spied this at my local Long & McQuade for $250 so I went home, grabbed the KBS and brought it back out. For $10, I swapped a minty Baretta for a dinged Squier. I actually only lost $20 on the Baretta for the two months I had it.

Photo does not show the Sonic Blue of the Mustang, just the weird color of my bedspread.

[​IMG]

Benjammin, Who and Pop1655 like this.
  2. fett

fett Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member

I have owned and own many Kramers. I also own more Squiers than I should. Name the "Model"? I prolly have one or three. That's not the point. That Squier was worth it for you. Enjoy!!!

Who likes this.
  3. efstop

efstop Senior Member

It was a Baretta Special. Like the original, but with a standard Kramer trem instead of a Floyd Rose, and it was rather cheap to buy. This one:

http://www.mylespaul.com/threads/ngd-kramer-cheapo-deluxe.395186/

I am liking my first surf guitar in many, many years.

4. fett

fett Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member

Please don't misunderstand. I have found that the "Name" or the price has nothing to do with how much you like a particular guitar. If it feels good to you, that is all that matters.

RichBrew likes this.
  5. efstop

efstop Senior Member

No worries, Fett. I got what I wanted in the first place. The Baretta was a a misstep at any price, but handy for a trade. The Mustang has more of the things I was looking for. Plus, the trem swings BOTH ways! :cheers2: