Top 10 Most Expensive Guitars in the World 2011

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by X-PUN, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Bordeaux

Bordeaux Senior Member

Agreed, I am a HUGE Beatles fan and would take those guitars over all others.

2. motowntom

motowntom Member

Value really is in the eye of the beholder, i had a chance to stum a few chords on David Gilmors famous black strat in 1994 at the Pontiac silverdome. The guitar was nothing special and had about the same action and sustain as my M.I.M. strat, so as the old saying goes it's not the axe but the player.
    Cheers.

3. captcoolaid

captcoolaid Senior Member

My question is other than the signature one would you play them if you owned them.

I would!!!!!

4. jcsk8

jcsk8 Senior Member

Hummm.
    WAIT! No burst? No burst?

.... Kidding :lol:

5. jcsk8

jcsk8 Senior Member

Double post.

6. ocredeus

ocredeus Senior Member

clapton has 4 f the 10.... and if the beano les paul would exist today..... it´s a fact that would be on the list also. I´ve heard that he most expensive guitar would be the fav jimmi hendrix strat.... but is not for sale... it belongs to his ex girl. It´s strange there are no les pauls in the list. not even one. Tje peter green gary moore?

7. pedersenkirk

pedersenkirk Senior Member

I wonder how many millions of dollars Townshend smashed to pieces 40 years ago..

8. bpngdf

bpngdf Junior Member

guess they have never heard of Jerry Garcia or his guitars that sold for a combined 1.74 million. 'Wolf' sold for 789,500 and 'Tiger' sold for 957,500.

Cheers to poor research.

9. 1badLP

1badLP Member

I would take Randy Rhoads' flying V over any on that list....

10. Shadowplayer

Shadowplayer Senior Member

"Because of the influence of other Guitarist, Jimi Hendrix, in 1970 Eric Clapton switch from Gibson to Stratocaster guitar."

What kind of english is this?????

And this is 2011. A lot has changed since then. Not all that much regarding these guitars but still. Wait till Page (if he ever does, and he probably will not) sells off a few of his guitars. Not even the Zepp ones. see how much those go for. and just think about his #1 and #2.

11. space

space Senior Member

I dont see Jerry Garcias Guitars on there
    They were record brekers when they went to auction after his death
    Garcia's guitars fetch record / 'Wolf,' 'Tiger' sold at memorabilia auction for $1.74 million - SFGate
    T

12. mikeyboy

mikeyboy Junior Member

I played Peter Greens Les Paul back in 1968 as a 17 year old when in the studio with him,wonder if that would make the list.

13. Cozmik Cowboy

Cozmik Cowboy Senior Member

AIUI, Esquires came first ('48), in 1 & 2 p/up versions. They didn't have truss rods, and so pretty much none exist now, as the necks reacted to steel-string tension as one would expect. After Leo put in the TR ('49), the 1-p/ups were still Esquires, the 2-p/ups were Broadcasters; both had TRs. In '50 Fred Gretsch asked Leo to chill on the name due to his (Fred's) Broadkaster drum line, so Leo cut the "Broadcaster" off the remaining stock of decals. Somewhere in '51 they ran out of no-model decals & the 2 p/up became the Telecaster.

14. Torren61

Torren61 Senior Member

Is the article translated from another language? The grammar and spelling mistakes make it very hard to read.