tone king falcon?

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by sk8rat, Oct 4, 2017.

1. sk8rat

sk8rat Senior Member

I put up my phaez half stack for sale and someone offered me a trade for a tone king falcon. I have never heard of them. anyone ever play one?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am looking for a fender tweed amp so im not really sure if I want to trade for this since Ive never played through one before. the amp has a "tweed" setting but I dont know if it sounds the same.

2. bungle

bungle Senior Member

IMG_1177.JPG I got one. Great sounding amp. Clean to super dirty. It's kinda limited, but easy to change tones on the fly with the giant knobs. The newer version has a foot switch to switch channels. Also a few more watts. Mine seems to garner a lot of attention from other people when they hear it.:dunno:Some good YouTube vids out there.

sk8rat likes this.
  3. sk8rat

sk8rat Senior Member

would you say the tweed tone is spot on to a fender amp? really looking for that specific tone and I know some replica amps sound similar but have their own sound.

4. christophervolume

christophervolume Senior Member

i would do that trade in a blink of an eye.....

great sounding amp, and if you are looking for a fender tweed sound, these nail it. very, very cool amps.

needlespauls and sk8rat like this.
  5. DotStudio

DotStudio Silver Supporter

You'd definitely be making out money-wise from the listings I've seen.

6. Dr Cornelius

Dr Cornelius Junior Member

They are well thought of over here - I know the prices will be a bit inflated in the UK as they are an imported boutique US amp but they go pretty quickly used for around £1,000.

sk8rat likes this.
  7. sk8rat

sk8rat Senior Member

I would say its pretty straight across. maybe a little better deal on my end. they list for around $1200 used but I see them going for a lot less so what I have tied into my set up is pretty much the same.

8. rclausen

rclausen Senior Member

Hey that's my old JTM!! Sounded killer, miss it. God I love that headshell too

sk8rat likes this.
  9. needlespauls

needlespauls V.I.P. Member

Dude..... if you don't need a lot of air moving, a lot of firepower, do the trade like yesterday! Not many people gig a big rig anymore, or gig at all anymore. If you can get rid of that 4 x 12 cabinet and head for a much more portable tone king falcon??? Do that!!! Hahaha!!! I've had a couple half stack set ups and I was married to them! I took a bath each time! Do this deal!

sk8rat likes this.
  10. sk8rat

sk8rat Senior Member

that's funny. great amp I just prefer fender amps. I think the head cab is what generates so much interest. I know that was one of the things that got me interested too.

the problem is I dont really like how small the tone king is. the fender is the perfect size imo. at this point I am finding it hard to get myself to sell the amp. I might have to keep it, get a 2x12 and a fender amp too. "more is more" after all

rclausen likes this.
  11. rclausen

rclausen Senior Member

Downsize your cab, get a fender and then run both in stereo. The JTM sounds excellent run stereo with a nice fender

sk8rat and matthew bear like this.
  12. matthew bear

matthew bear Senior Member

^that would be soo awesome!

Hell, do it with the tone king! stereo rigs are fun all day!

sk8rat and rclausen like this.
  13. Big John

Big John So I'm standing in line at the bank, and I stick m V.I.P. Member

Tone King is a curious brand. Mark Bartel started building these Fender-based amps by himself years ago. Then Premier Builders Guild starts building and selling them for Bartel in 2009. PBG goes under and Boutique Amp Distribution acquires the brand and starts building and selling them this year. Bartel is now back to building amps by himself again, using his last name as the name of his amps.

RAG7890 and sk8rat like this.