Titanium Stopbar and/or Bridge

Discussion in 'Tonefreaks' started by johnpaulmlp, Aug 12, 2016.

1. johnpaulmlp

johnpaulmlp Junior Member

What are the opinions out there regarding Titanium Stopbars with or without Titanium Bridges.

2. ARandall

ARandall Senior Member

Its a bridge made out of a very expensive material to work.

like all materials, its will have a certain tone profile that could work with your guitar, or might not. The point at which you will know whether it works with your individual instrument also coincides with the point where it will be impossible to get a refund if it doesn't.

3. TiSonix

TiSonix Junior Member

Some customer reviews can been seen on the product page for our Titanium Stop Bar Tailpiece.

Players like Ken Susi (Unearth) and Scott Dalhover (Dangerous Toys) have this tailpiece on their respective guitars and have given positive feedback.

Billy Gibbons also has a few of our Titanium tailpieces on his Bolin guitars, both custom engraved. One is engraved with "Reverend", the other is engraved with a graphic design that matches the guitar.

With regard to a tone profile, I can say this as someone that has paid for (bought) titanium and brass from multiple vendors for my own guitars: titanium is more about transparency. Some materials will "color", or come between the energy of the strings and the wood. Titanium lets it pass through will far less, if any, coloring. Where as some can call titanium "bright", what is really going on is that the previous hardware was darkening the tone.

darthphineas likes this.
  4. howlermonkey

howlermonkey Senior Member

You will gain nothing by using titanium other than wear resistance.

5. kiko

kiko Senior Member

I think titanium is just a bit over the top. Just my 2 cents.

6. TiSonix

TiSonix Junior Member

We should be having a giveaway of some Gibson-related parts in September. Keep an eye out and perhaps the winner(s) can offer their experiences.

darthphineas likes this.
  7. masterglazier

masterglazier Junior Member

More open tone. And undeniable weight loss. I vote yes.