Tired of trying to upload photos

Discussion in 'Front Desk' started by leofender55, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. judson

judson Senior Member

all due respect leofender55 i would say it is user error....not the forum software

understand if you do not chose to try and understand how to get it to work properly for you but there is a ton of info in these forum pages you will miss...such as the three things i learned from your original post.....

so it took almost two hours...hey i went to public school !!!

i think you will be back

good luck to you

1 person likes this.
  2. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

Again?

3 people like this.
  3. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

Sure, we will miss him..............:wave:

2 people like this.
  4. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

keeping MLP smart, one new member at a time ®

1 person likes this.
  5. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

46 posts in over two years, not like we'll miss him as an ACTIVE member.

2 people like this.
  6. Donal

Donal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Premium Member

This is just not working :run:

1: Goodbye threads only on Friday's
    2: Goodbye threads have to be posted in the backstage section

:D

2 people like this.
  7. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

Maybe the front desk has more of a "look at me" factor going on?

2 people like this.
  8. jdto

jdto Pretend Human Premium Member

9. bugg

bugg Senior Member

I, for one, will miss all the funny photos he used to post...

Oh wait, that must have been another guy. :laugh2:

10. Playyouraxeon11

Playyouraxeon11 Banned

MR LEOFENDER, WE HAVE A REMEDY - WE HAVE!

ddddd - see, I have trouble too with all this stuff. I sent photos today from my camera to my computer, copied them to Word and then bunged them in an Email to someone because the Precision bass kit that I ordered online is great but it's lacking the strings and a couple of screws. The sales chap asked for photes to clarify the missing pieces and he'll send 'em tomorrow because I sent him about 5 pics to tell him what's what. This took maybe ten minutes and I learned it from (basically) poking around last year and then not doing it since.
    I have a webpage (Wix), I uploaded and edited the photos for that no trouble, from my camera to my computer. I don't understand why it's such a tra-la-la on MLP but maybe the site would otherwise be deluged and vandalised with all our pics, same as I think it's a palaver to post music to SoundCloud etc and then ask people to check it for you. I like MLP but we could all do it on Youtube as well. Mr Leofender can always come back when he's fed up with the Gearpage but so far I've abandoned plans to post pictures, it's a load of grief. "URL"? What are you on about? This is about uploading a picture, that's all. I've got an album, it's in my computer.

If I want to chat, learn about Les Pauls and related interests then this is great. For an exchange on what one actually does with Les Pauls and why we have them, MLP isn't ideal. Isn't there a place for a gallery or maybe I'm missing something - wouldn't be the first time.

Same old same old.............I went advanced to try what Mr WHO does. I can find a juicy pic and upload it but everything I do after that takes me back to my computer and closes MLP. Big pain and my computer is shouting "THICKO" at me. I get sick of that "Round and around "stuff" but that's the whole reason I record using a Portastudio. I see all these headaches with interfaces, DAWS, stuff that doesn't work properly and I'm not doing it. I can do stuff if it's CLEAR and if it ain't then it leaves my life. I never wanted to be a brain surgeon anyway.

But if so many people are asking about posting pictures, it's time the forum put up a definitive place to go the find out how to post pictures. I sent some stuff to someone today, like I said, easy-pie and I had a good reason. I don't have any reason to spend more time on pics to MLP if it's going to be more rigmarole than that. What's the problem?
    I get a camera and I can't read the midget booklet. It's OK, I get a PDF from Google, same for a washing machine, printer, any old hows-your-father. Then I can work my camera, whatever. Easy. Maybe on a forum we have privacy issues - all the more reason to post how to do it. Don't call me thick, post this stuff. Tell us how to post pictures, that's all.

I joined up with something called U3A (University of the Third Age) and I can because I'm old and no longer working (get the picture?). So when it came to Googling to find out more about this, where it is and how to join it, I got the website and GUESS WHAT? It's laid out for people that can read instructions and follow them to get where they want to be. None of this "poke around to see what works and what doesn't and if that don't do it, ask the forum full of everyone else that can't figure it out" " that typifies too many websites. It's worth a visit to U3A to see exactly how that's done, I'd suggest. As for me, I don't "poke around" all day on a machine, I've got stuff to do, I'm not addicted. Respect.

Well, that's it, folks, sorry. I tried again with what Mr Who does but I don't get any "clear" about how to stash the photo I uploaded onto the page. NO CLEAR, NO DO. NO PICS, I can't stand the waste of time with this. No clear, no do. Make this clear, don't post anything more about this until MLP say how this works so that we can all do it without completely wasting our lives. That ain't beyond the wit of man, is it? NO CLEAR, NO DO, same as recording. I want to put my stuff down, not spend all my time bashing away at a screen and a load of technical. I like to play my guitar, that's what it's for.

LATER THAT VERY SAME DAY..............

I re-ran Who's idea and learned how to post thumbnails.

Start your post (post some words, save) then - Edit - go Advanced - Manage Attachments. From the task pane, browse for your photo from your own stash or from online, open it - upload to MLP from the task pane. When "Waiting for Mylespaul" has finished - Save changes.

You then have one thumb nail in your post. I haven't figured out how to get more than one yet but that's better. Thanks, Dr Who!

From MLP to my inbox, I got some directions that seem clear, although they are Greek to me. I'm given a "host" called "Imgur.com" and I looked this up. That's how to insert all these things on MLP, although I haven't done more than glance at it and now I'm going to bed. That's what this "Photobucket" stuff is too. I don't know if there's any cost in this. So, to Mr Leofender, try this stuff. Thank you to MLP for giving me that and very promptly too.

Nighty night, everybody. Leofender, I hope it sorts it out. Nice guitar, eh? Click on it to see bigger and you'll see the tiny plec wedged in the strings. Only the very, very best guitarists use these (Warf).

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      93.8 KB
      Views:
  11. Brians Evil Twin

Brians Evil Twin Poophoria Sōtō Zen V.I.P. Member

Buh bye.

PS, it's not "uploading", it's "linking".

Rookie error.

12. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

The internet, not a good place for po0sies.

13. Brians Evil Twin

Brians Evil Twin Poophoria Sōtō Zen V.I.P. Member

Fortunately he didn't ask for help or we might've had to endure more inane posts about technologogical incompetence.

14. Playyouraxeon11

Playyouraxeon11 Banned

This one as well..................... Les Paul? I wouldn't cry if I had one but, honestly.................NAAAAAAAH.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      82.3 KB
      Views:
  15. Playyouraxeon11

Playyouraxeon11 Banned

Thank you Dr Who. not thank you Evil Twin and Twex and - No voice of reason there but but I LIKE THE GIRL RIDING THE HORSE.

I'm not leaving (and I'm not reporting) but I don't think I'll worry too much if I don't become a super-duper member. I'm not much impressed to be honest. And MLP has sponsors!

Do you think if I were Gibson I'd be pleased with that? If people want to know about using the site, try telling them - MLP did, with an E mail to my inbox. That's what MLP thinks of the front desk info, no? The internet is no place for pussies? Why are you hanging around the front desk? Maybe pussies is exactly what it is. It's no skin off my nose. Sue me.

16. rockstar232007

rockstar232007 Senior Member

Considering the way things are nowadays, be carwfull what you wish for.

17. Playyouraxeon11

Playyouraxeon11 Banned

Social media has a reputation, looks like you can "get it here". I don't need this kind of brainless crap. Any fool can buy a Les Paul. Seeya.

18. paruwi

we don't need this, too

19. chasenblues

chasenblues Senior Member

20. paruwi

he won't need it anymore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.