Time to pass the baton-monthly jam

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons' started by Orange Lester, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Orange Lester

Orange Lester Senior Member

Lots of things happening in the Orange Lester world right now. A dear friend and band mate from my worship team band is recently was diagnosed with stage 4 terminal esophageal cancer. So, lots of time and energies to be brought to bear supporting my dear friend and preparing for his musical and physical loss. My job responsibilities have changed as well and its requiring more and more time.

All that said, I'm hopeful that someone will step up and continue to pick tracks for the jam crew. My skills and musical life have been greatly enriched by the process. Thank you for being part of my journey. I'm looking forward to continuing, time permitting, to participating and sharing my humble contributions with the group.

-peace

Orange

Sct13, paradice and jeff_farkas like this.
  2. DotStudio

DotStudio Silver Supporter

I'm sorry to hear that OL. Thoughts and prayers.

I'd step up, but I'm currently in the process of getting my house listed for sale and finding a new home. Having a hard enough time even finding time to play. I hope someone takes the stick though. I love hearing everyone play.

3. Sixstring63

Sixstring63 Senior Member

I'll do it. I have a library of tracks that haven't been used here so far. Be glad to do it for a while. God bless your friend and you for taking time to spend with him.

parts, Eddie 70, Pop1655 and 2 others like this.
  4. gadafi

gadafi Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your friend OL, he is blessed to have a friend like you in his time of need. Thanks for your great work with BTOM.

I was giving it some serious thought but didn't want to commit if I could not deliver due to work travel & other commitments.

Good one Sixstring, looking forward to your tracks.

5. Orange Lester

Awesome. was going to reach out directly to you this week, hoping that you would be interested.

I look forward to continuing as a particpant. As I said many times before....this is my favorite part of the board.

Thanks much!

parts likes this.
  6. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

Very well said!!!!!

Much appreciated by many.

7. parts

parts Senior Member

Thanks for EVERYTHING OL..you kept this alive and interesting. Sorry about your friend and all the best wishes for him//

Thanks for so much..
    And thanks to 63 for taking it on.. Can't think of a better hand off..

This thread is what got me back to playing after 30+ years away. It got me to learn how to record on the computer and really made me feel alive again.

All of you make this happen,,

Thanks guys..

Pop1655 likes this.
  8. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

Man. That caught my attention. I could have written that.

9. LenPaul

LenPaul Premium Member

I couldn't have said it better, so I'll quote Parts. Thanks guys!!

10. Orange Lester

It has been, and will continue to be, a great joy to record and share with all of you...Thanks for the kind wishes.

My friend has fought a hard fight, and will be leaving behind a daughter and a grandson. He will also leave behind the joy and love he has shared with us, his teammates. God didnt promise easy, he just promised to be with us through the journey.

peace brothers

11. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

Thank you Jay for all that you've done to keep this community project alive and well! Of anything on this site, THIS is the thread that gives me the most inspiration to try harder. And for 'parts', this is the best OT therapy on the planet! Many here look, and will one day jump in, because of the work you guys have, and continue to do.

Go be there for your friend. Until you're in his shoes, you can't imagine all the things going through his head and how heavy his heart will feel at times. Having the ones that have been with him in this journey will bring him the most comfort of all! We'll be here whenever you want to stop in. Or even stay. But for now, it's time to do the right thing! Peace Jay!

And Mike, Thank You for stepping up! I've always liked your choices for BTs. And how you slay them as well! LOL The fun WILL continue! :thumb: Say hello to the Mrs.

12. Sct13

Sct13 Gold Supporter Premium Member

Distressing news, I hope he and his family find comfort. Thank you for doing this. It is defiantly something that brings musicians together in a very positive way.