The Walking Dead Season 6 Thread (May Contain Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by FennRx, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Bottleneck

Bottleneck Senior Member

2 people like this.
  2. Greco

Greco Senior Member

I feel strange about the whole thing. I mean strange as in I don't know whether to quit or not. I'm a sick of being messed with to this degree. I'm sick of the budget effecting the show when it is the most popular show on TV or whatever. It was a cop-out in the most obvious way. The one power the show has is to actually be the one telling the story, now we'll just find out through some leak during the break. That's if they even know who they want gone at this point. I doubt they do. What I got from it was they definitely don't want it to be Glenn as there's no cliffhanger if we just follow the comics. They definitely don't want it to be Rick or Koral. It's unlikely to be Daryl...and I couldn't honestly give a f__k about anyone else going really.

I think I'm done. Can't say I'm looking forward to the next season at all at this point which says a lot. I think something was just majorly off with the way they did the cliffhanger. Instead of saying "HOLY SHIIIIT!!!!:wow:" my reaction was "F__k this..." It was a let down. It seems like I'm not the only one feeling like that. They blew it somehow.

4 people like this.
  3. Bownse

Bownse Senior Member

Might I suggest watching the first season of Hap and Leonard? It may be the successor to the Justified throne.

As for the finale... make notes of everyone lined up on their knees. At the end he points the bat at everyone. Only one is consistently "first person". Whoever you do NOT see is the one you're looking through the eyes of.

4. Greco

Greco Senior Member

I don't think anyone can really call anything from the footage in the episode. However much people analyse it, they can just turn the tables and be all like "what?". It happened with the "Mom...mom...mom" thing this season too.

3 people like this.
  5. strat1701

strat1701 El Diablo Cazador De Hombres Premium Member

I agree, the only way you can get that 'hat' shadow thing is if you freeze frame it. In real time it happens too fast and I for one believe it's a case of seeing what you want to see. And with the new article about it being Michonne, that blows that hat hypothesis out of the water as she was on Rick's right, not left.

The mom thing? Refresh my memory please?

1 person likes this.
  6. Brewdude

Brewdude Senior Member

Maybe you all have seen this before, but heres a slowed down audio from the final scene in an attempt to say it was Glenn:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eabJJcLxECM[/ame]

I'm usually extremely skeptical of these sorts of things and in this case give it no more credibility to the 'Paul is dead' thing. I took away at least 2 different females screaming in the background when I watched it live but then realized there were 3 to start with so back to square one.

As has been said already the producers really dropped the ball on this one, I think they were trying to be really clever and have people talk about it for the next 6 months but instead seemed to really just piss people off. Its crazy that a show as popular as this seems to be run by people who have no clue what they're doing from the often terrible dialogue, insanely cheesy special effects, and the very strange decisions like this finale. :facepalm:

2 people like this.
  7. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Senior Member

Seems to have a lot of people talking, so I don't see how it was a strange decision. Seems to have accomplished just what a network would want.

:dunno:

2 people like this.
  8. strat1701

that audio is complete BS, it was spliced from earlier when Glenn reacts to Negan. The aired sequence does not contain any screaming amid the bat falls or when Negan says 'takin it like a champ'.

1 person likes this.
  9. bossaddict

bossaddict Premium Member

+1000

I mentioned this back in post #877, but I seemed to be the only one bugged by it, so I just dropped it.

The mid-season cliffhanger (de jour) was the little kid saying rather loudly... "Mom....Mom...." as the gang had started making its way through the horde of walkers, somewhat protected by the smeared walker guts, etc.

It was daylight and obviously the kid saying that was equivalent to blowing their cover. Big cliffhanger.

When the show returned in February, that "Mom...Mom..." thing wasn't even referenced. They basically had continued to make their way through the horde and it had even become dark by that point. The kid still got himself and others killed, so the end result wasn't that different, but it really bugged me for some reason that the event that they hung their hat on for a couple of months was just treated as if (a) it never happened or even lamer that (b) nothing came of it that was even worth including in the show.

4 people like this.
  10. bulletproof

bulletproof aka tarddoggy Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Yup.....the " mom...mom " thing was a big ole piss down our backs. There is now no way the writers/producers,what have you dont know the fans analyze every little bit of each episode....that was one of the most unforgivable. To me though,its still a notch below the Glenn/dumpster fiasco......

2 people like this.
  11. strat1701

I agree with those who say this season was a waste of time. I think it was slightly better than Season 5, as the second half of that season had WAY too many meh episodes.

Again, I can only hope that somehow this new story arc kicked off by one of the gang getting killed LEADS TO AN OVERALL ENDGAME SCENARIO STORY ARC...

But if they comics don't even know WTF they are doing in relation to that, then there is no hope for the show to figure it out as well.

1 person likes this.
  12. Brewdude

Brewdude Senior Member

Oh I agree, they definitely got people talking, and if I had to guess 95% of the people (myself included) who are swearing it off will come crawling back in October like heroin addicts :laugh2:

Just seems like the genuinely pissed a lot of people off and could lose the casual fans from this. If it were the first time they've pulled stuff like this maybe they'd have a little more benefit of the doubt but as has been pointed out this is the latest in a long line of such letdowns.

Ha is it really? As I said I am always very skeptical of those audio slow downs as people only hear what they want, and I heard none of that when watching it live. I guess we have another 6 months of people grasping at straws...

13. Ed B

Ed B Senior Member

I can't wait to see if you all are men of your word. I'm betting you aren't.:laugh2:
    their word? It's as predictable as the cliffhangers. :laugh2:

I know, I know THIS time you mean it, right?

What have they lost, 5 fans here? 5 people that have been crying for years? :lol:

14. Greco

Greco Senior Member

At some point Rick et al seemed to be struggling against something. Oh wait...they were trying to survive in the zombie apocalypse. Remember those days? Now they are just pissing about in the woods. Win some fights, lose others. Which this week? Let's toss a coin.

There's no feeling of direction because we are on a rudderless ship. There is no direction. There's no end game. There's no story. They don't know what they're going to do other than try and keep the ratings up at all costs. It's just cheap cynical tricks all round, this season, last season and the forseeable future. Throw some new bad guys in every now and then. Oh wait Eugene might get to bang the hot chick though? Please.. who cares!

1 person likes this.
  15. Malikon

Malikon アストロモンスター V.I.P. Member

let us have the b*tch fest man :laugh2:

we're gonna kick tomorrow.

...I gotta catch up on the comics anyway. :laugh2: I'm like 30 issues behind.

3 people like this.
  16. Bownse

Bownse Senior Member

Sounds like life in a post ZA world to me.

1 person likes this.
  17. FennRx

FennRx Senior Member

And sh1tty television

1 person likes this.
  18. J-Dizzle

J-Dizzle Senior Member

I'd be interested to see what the true ratings are though, and if the way they jerk around viewers has had any effect.

Because anecdotally, a TON of people I know used to watch it but stopped in the past 12 to 18 months because of the boring storylines and the too-slow pacing.

The high point of the show seemed to be the prison/Governor storyline and its been a downhill slide ever since.

19. Who

Who are you? Who who who who.... Premium Member

There's a comic? Who knew?

Next you'll tell me all my favorite super-hero movies were based on comics.

:run:

1 person likes this.