The ULTIMATE LP bridge

Discussion in 'Sponsor Classifieds' started by Roman, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancient Rocker

Ancient Rocker Junior Member

Anybody else concerned that with the springs on the screws it stands to reason that the user will loose at least 1/8" of travel on the back side of the saddles. :hmm: If your 12th fret intonation is a bit sharp when the spring is completely compressed...you're done! One of the things I like about the nashville bridge is that with it's extra width, one has a wee bit more saddle travel for intonating your instrument. Maybe with the screw springs, it will have a similar adjustability to an ABR-1. I love the looks of this bridge and have sent Roman an email re purchasing one. Anyone with more experience have any comments on the spring issue? Thanks everyone!!

2. Silverbursted

Silverbursted Senior Member

It does concern me as well. My low E and G string saddles are nearly all the way to the rear (came that way). I am thinking the spring in Roman's bridge would be a problem. Unless there is an adjustment I am missing that can fix this shortcoming.
    [​IMG]
    Another question I have, my saddles are notched; will I need to notch these before I install it?

3. Oaksong

Oaksong Member

Are these in stock again?

4. tourville

tourville Member

5. Roman

Roman Master Luthier V.I.P. V.I.P. Member

I felt like jumping in and addressing this issue you have concerns over.

There is no issue with the springs. Dimensionally this bridge is the same as a nashville.

If, and I say if, your bridge is located in the correct location you have PLENTY of travel forwards and back to correctly intonate your guitar.

So the springs are NOT an issue.

If your bridge is incorrectly positioned, and you run out of room for the saddle to go back, it is simple to remove the spring to gain more travel.

Now this for all practical purposes a mute point since these bridges are out of stock.

Next year I may get some more made up, then I may not.

They are quite pricey to make and the profit margin is very low.....we'll see.

I did want to jump in here and address your questions.

Roman

6. 5F6-A

5F6-A Senior Member

I can testify that Roman's bridge is a beautiful piece of musical machinery. I have one and I love it. Cheers Roman!!

7. aholst

aholst Junior Member

I picked up a DC Special Faded for a project piece and am looking for a replacement bridge for the Nashville TOM and want it cast in Aluminum, Titanium or Stainless Steel. I can find the Aluminum TP anywhere, which is great, but I need the bridge to complete my project. I am leaning toward Stainless or Titanium to pair with the Aluminum tailpiece. Anybody know where I can grab one? I am one who relentlessly stays on the hunt until I find what I need.
    I'm having Pete Biltoft build me my ideal P-90-sized HB (AWG43 overwound w/ A5 mags under the treble and A3 under the bass strings). I roll my own paper-in-oil caps, and this little Gibbie gets a .022uf laid across 300K pots. Any suggestions, comments, help??? I need the bridge of my dreams, too, ya' know!

Thanks!!

8. Roman

Roman Master Luthier V.I.P. V.I.P. Member

Sorry folks these are long gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.