The Stevie Ray Vaughan Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'Fender' started by FLICKOFLASH, May 9, 2008.

1. LEFTY LES

LEFTY LES Banned

RIP my friend. God I miss him. Imagine for a second where he would be today.

[​IMG]

2. LEFTY LES

LEFTY LES Banned

Thats right brother. Every once in a while but we all know what his bread and butter was. The reason I bought my Stratocaster was because of SRV. I saw him play a vintage white and thats the one I got!!! God it sucks so bad that he's dead man.:(

3. stonevibe

stonevibe Senior Member

4. b-squared

b-squared Banned

I couldn't begin to imagine the wonderful music he'd be making today.

I wish I'd had a chance to see him perform.

Peace, Bro--see you on the flip side. :)

BB

5. 69GTLP

69GTLP Senior Member

One of the greatest:slash:
    Back in 95 I named my son Stevie Ray, here's a pic of me with my strat in Austin.
    [​IMG]

6. KP

KP Senior Member

He was one of my heros....

[​IMG]

7. whateverlikesgadge

whateverlikesgadge Senior Member

This just hits ya just his use of tension, note choice and dramatic use of volume differences in his playing. Just floors me. Those double string bends are just nasty in the best way. I'd take one SRV over 1000 Steve Vais. Yep Clapton should've got on the chopper instead.............

Every chick I was ever with liked the guitar after hearing him play this.
    [ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=i4yJSFGGDgE]YouTube - SRV - Texas Flood (Austin, Texas '83)[/ame]

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2UIptI2rcjg]YouTube - Stevie Ray Vaughan & Jeff Beck[/ame]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. blakem

blakem Senior Member

Man..what can I say..I Love SRV...I saw him at the Worcester Centrum in Massachussetts with Jeff Beck shortly before he died..what a show!! Anyway, I remember like it was yesterday..I was working at the Colonial Theatre in Keene NH in the box office, when my friend comes in and says " Mike , Eric Clapton just died in a helicopter crash"! I was totally bummed out...I had to keep working..my friend came in a few minutes later and said "MIke , I was wrong"..I said, "What do you mean"? He said it was Stevie Ray that died.....I died on the spot...I was completely bummed...SRV was my hero..one of them besides Hendrix....a very sad day...He is missed...I hate the video at Montreaux where the crowd is booing him..what a bunch of freaking idiots...luckily Bowie was there and changed SRV's life....

9. KP

KP Senior Member

This one has to be my favorite from Stevie.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL2-2y9AfYc]YouTube - Stevie Ray Vaughan Riviera Paradise 102789 Amarillo TX[/ame]

[​IMG]

10. stryker59

stryker59 Senior Member

he was the man no doubt about it! i essentially learned how to play guitar by playing his albums over and over. he is missed and like BB said i wish i could have seen him live. i didnt even get into his music until after high school which was after his passing and that pains me more than anything.

11. beck89

beck89 Member

I saw Stevie with Jeff Beck in Minneapolis 1989.It was 10 days after his last Austin City Limits show.If you get a chance check out Live at el Mocambo DVD. I have a copy of his #1 strat and a signature SRV also.It's easy for me to remember how old Stevie would have been as we were born the same year.Stevie would have turned 55 this year.
    RIPSRV

12. MrWrong

MrWrong V.I.P. Member

I got to see him play a few times in the mid-'80s when I lived in Dallas.

R.I.P. SRV

13. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

First time i saw him (only time realy) he was
    using a marshall, I think it was 81?, had no idea
    who he was at the time, i was surprized later to see him
    using fender amps, (really didnt sound like fenders) maybe it was just a short time he
    used them, i think it was like just a half stack

14. LEFTY LES

LEFTY LES Banned

Never got to see him. My Dad loved him and we had talked several times about going to a show. We actually were going to try and make a show in 90 but we shit happens and we never did. We just said to each other no big deal and we'll catch him next time.......

15. soloben347

soloben347 Senior Member

SRV will always be my biggest influence and its a bitch that he had to die...He was so pure and real none quit matched his personality and not to mention his amazing playing.

and if i ever found out who did this

[ame=http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=CJy6929jyKo]YouTube - Stevie Ray Vaughan statue vandalized in Austin, TX 2005.[/ame]

I would beat the F*** outta them so bad!

16. heavy blueser

heavy blueser Senior Member

very good thread idea

hats off to stevie ray,
    the reason why i got majorly into blues guitar playing and one of the (if not THE) main reason i bought a strat.

he was a genius
    the first track I ever heard from him was love struck baby and man i can tell ya i was fuckin floored!
    bought the teaxs flood record the next day and that thing´s on heavy rotation ever since!

17. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH V.I.P. Member

18. Skynyrdpicker

Skynyrdpicker Senior Member

SRV is the man. His albums are what got me into the guitar. I even did my old cheapo strat copy up like his. Real amazing player, and he's definitely missed. RIP SRV.

19. FLICKOFLASH

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC71fFdCsbk&feature=related]YouTube - Stevie Ray Vaughan - Testify[/ame]

20. FLICKOFLASH

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7ueA-h3Jrk&feature=related]YouTube - SRV Tribute Life By the Drop[/ame]