The Steve Hunter Burst / Slash Burst / Pre-A.F.D. Era **TRUTH REVEALED**

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by 1958BURST, Jan 13, 2009.

Who made the Hunter Burst?

1. Gibson

68 vote(s)
    14.0%
  2. Roman Rist

205 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. Max

126 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. Kris Derrig

86 vote(s)
    17.7%
  1. timgman

timgman Senior Member

Yep... I just read it all.. captivation how a 2 different chunks of wood from 2 different parts of the world can be crafted into an 'instrument' of obsession.
    I myself saw gnr in the late 80's on the aerosmith AFD tour '
    best show of my life... I was all of 16 or so...

2. holt1

holt1 Senior Member

My gawd! I just sat up all night reading this! And i'm not even a huge GNR fan. I dig slash though I have to admit. I heard AFD when it was very first released before it was big and not to many people were hip to it. I knew it was going to be huge when I heard it. It had great grooves and that is timeless. Great guitar sounds. Him and Izzy were a great combo. I have to admit, that first guitar that max says he DIDN'T build looks killer. I just purchased a MIJ Orville that turned out to be a 59 reissue and have the fever. It would be cool to see dude hooked up with his first cool guitar. :slash::thumb:

3. 73Custom

73Custom Senior Member

WOW is all I can say also... Found this thread very late last night and started reading. Up til 4AM :wow: finished it today at work... :dude:

Epic for sure :applause:

4. 1958BURST

1958BURST Senior Member

Hey MWG - Mark,
    It's been a long time (7 months and counting) since you were told of a hook up with Slash through WB as previously stated here.
    Any word from WB or "Krash" on getting you hooked up with Slash lately?
    Where did "Krash" go BTW?
    Why did "Krash" all of a sudden dissapear after this thread?
    Why hasn't he been back since?
    Where did all his photos go?
    Anyone else find this odd?
    :hmm:

5. captain tightpants

captain tightpants Banned

[​IMG]

Listen very very carefully:

Nobody Cares. Let it go.

Seriously, for the love of God, PLEASE just let this piece of crap thread die.

6. 1958BURST

1958BURST Senior Member

Hey no problem man!
    I just made an observation, other people were also intruiged by Krash's timely dissapearence too, inquiring minds want to know -:cool:

7. dennistruckdriver

dennistruckdriver V.I.P. Member

Who cares? If he actually is 'somebody', he should have identified himself. As it was, he came off as a bit 'trollish'.

8. jonesy77777

jonesy77777 Senior Member

I can think of someone else I would far more prefer disappear from MLP than Krash!!! Oh and I certainly don't think he was a troll(Krash that is), I received a very cool PM from him.

9. dennistruckdriver

I didn't say he was a troll, and I'm not leaving.

10. jonesy77777

jonesy77777 Senior Member

Don't be sensitive dennis, I wasn't talking about you, we are MLP "friends" :) I was talking about our inquisitive scammer.

11. Ayy Itss Daveee

Ayy Itss Daveee Senior Member

I never thought "Krash" was somebody that people implied him to be in the first place...

Possibly being some dude with a lot of signature guitars and a top hat.

12. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH V.I.P. Member

Do you know how many celebs lurk here ? Many have busy schedules & travel. Those who are here are not for fanfare. If Krash did one thing he set the record straight. I will tell you this much this thread was edited as a directive of Slash. PS Please watch who you call a troll unless they really are crying for attention.

13. captcoolaid

captcoolaid Senior Member

Since this subject is back, what happened to the fake guitar you had made to pass off as the original? Do you still have it? any pics? on a side note I know that contact was made with chet haun and logistically it couldn't happen with the solo album being recorded at that time and the mwg being able to fly out on such a short notice.

14. Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck Senior Member

Here we go again.

Welcome back Mr Sheldon!

15. dennistruckdriver

Re-read my post. I didn't call anyone a troll....I said he 'came off as a bit trollish'. There's a difference.

16. dennistruckdriver

Okay....
    [​IMG]

17. Ayy Itss Daveee

Ayy Itss Daveee Senior Member

Man this thing has turned into some crazy sheeeeiiiitttt!

Now the thread was edited because Slash said so himself?

18. captain tightpants

captain tightpants Banned

All I know is I ain't takin' any more of Sandler's crap :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

19. #1guitarman

#1guitarman Senior Member

In the poll "Who made the Hunterburst??" you left out an option...
    Who gives a rats a*s??
    C'mon, let it go, really, who cares anymore?
    We've heard more B.S. over this guitar than RMC1 could type out in 6 months.
    R.I.P. Hunterburst threads...

20. 1958BURST

1958BURST Senior Member

Lurking is an interesting word, Krash lurked, implied and innuendo'ed all sorts of "point of view" info to lead people to believe he was Slash, and that Slash himself was setting the record straight.

Yea, many people are now pissed at him too (again) for misleading them willfully and now believe that he is no better or worse than what I was accused of doing. He willfully scammed people into believing something that he was not.

"KRASH" is defintely not a celebrity by any stretch of the imagination but a well known / tradesman in the pickup business, he is also a very senior original member on this forum too, most of you know him and know of his wbork too. He used that mask to get back at me personally on that thread. He could have done things very differently but chose to do it accordingly with an intention of doing as much damage to me pesonally and was able to and hide behind that Krash chirade. In my opinion, I at least didn't hide behind an innocous avatar and pretend I was someone else, but that is one of the reasons he did what he did was so that he could hide and bash the HB story and get away with it so it did not look like a vendeta.

Maybe Krash wants to see this go away now that he has been outted and dragged out to the light rightfully, but sorry, whoever told you that Slash wanted this thread edited is smoking some great stuff! I'm pretty sure if Slash cared enough about the Hunterburst guitar, he would have already made arrangements to have one of his people make some kind of contact with the MWG by now to get the guitar if he really wanted it, regardless of the recording time constriants, so I don't buy it that he is too busy.

Note: It will be 1 year to the date that this thread went public, think about it for a second, if Slash really wanted that guitar he could of had it by now...easily. I'm sorry to say but it's apparent that it's just not that big of a deal to the guy right now and perhaps may never be. I don't doubt he will want to see it at some point, but I doubt he will offer the MWG any real cash for it. We'll shall see!!

I'm pretty sure that Slash will continue to completely avoid any public forums where his written word could used against him and that seems to be the reality here.

Hey Rainman, as I stated previously above, unless I'm pushed........I'm content on dropping this war with you guys right now!!!! I know exactly what you're trying to do here, I dont need another war with you or WB. I know your winder buddie "Krash" is also reading this right now too. Are we completely clear gentlemen? Game is over!!!

So the answer is same as last time, my guitar was never for sale not even to Slash, I originally purchased the Tuckey Burst for well over 5 figures which in my mind at the time was more money than what the MWG Guitar maybe worth today at least to me, and mine is far more of an accurate representation of a real 59 Burst than what I knew about the Hunterburst

Knowing what I know now about the guitar and I still believe it's a cool guitar but not worth big money due to alot of reasons. AND Here is some news for you too: Max did try and contact Slash early on in 2009 during the story and found out that he could care less and was not interersted in the Hunterburst. Besides it's known that super rockstars get stuff for free all the time and never pay much for cheap guitars, he never has, he is one of the most famous rock-stars on the planet and gets most of his stuff either free or for promo consideration. Why would he drop six bills or more on a funky replica he had for less than 1 year back in the mid 1980's. Get Serious!!!

So why the hell would I think I was gonna get rich from him on the MWG guitar or mine for that fact when we I knew he was not going fork big money for the original guitar (Duh) , so there was no get rich scam here, sorry to burst everyone's bubble. So ladies and gents, I still am not selling my guitar ever......... as it's my #1 axe now. It's one damn fine guitar! My hat's off to the UK guy, if anyone ever gets a shot at getting one, I recommend get on his waiting list. And by the way - he thinks also the 'scam conspiracy" backlash is obsurd too like most intelligent folk.

Hey Jonesy - WTF did I do to you?? - I didn't get you banned so why the sour grapes?? Scammer comments - too bad!!! I could give a damn on what you think at this point. Also note that it seems the guys invloved like the "MWG - Mark" or the UK luthier guy & Hunter - Canter or Roman or Max could care less and don't hold any grudges why should anyone else who was not directly invovled. Mark still thanks me to this day for my work on getting the HB story out there. I still have the guitar and it's staying mine for good, end of story, so spare me the offensive name calling in public. If you've got a legitimate beef with me, let's take it offline!~

The fact is that, if Max made his rightful claim to the Hunterburst as planned initally, this could have gone alot smoother than it did. I've already spoke my peace (publically) on my part and am not taking any more BS from anyone on scam conspiracies or anything else. I've heard and seen it all now here and I'm done with this BS.

My final 2009 reflection because even I dont care anymore. Any good-will or informative constructive work we did here has been mercilesly pissed on. Roman and I created something that no one has ever done here before, journalistically speaking and will be talked about for years to come, good or bad - I could care less at this point. It was fun making the kooky videos with Roman that remain on Youtube (mcimedia1) , I really miss the ole-boy since he packed up and moved to WB's Krashville, Ca.The whole HB story was an epic (now epic mess) but was fun when it was going down and fun to read and be a part of, It will remain a favorite of mine, a labor of love based on my desire to track down a cool guitar that Slash once owned in his early career.

We accomplished just that, Roman and I discovered the real HunterBurst and no one will ever take that away from either of us.

Thx Roman and MWG