The Self Taught Guitarist's Survival Guide

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons' started by mudfinger, Jul 16, 2010.

1. artis_xe

artis_xe Christopher Premium Member

bump :D

(yes __ I know you're busy, as most of us are)

1 person likes this.
  2. mudfinger

mudfinger Thanks for the memories! V.I.P. Member

More stupid than busy. :laugh2:

I'm looking for the right words to describe this stuff in a way that makes sense to as many folks as possible. Taint Ez! :shock:

2 people like this.
  3. mbself

mbself Member

The universal problem experienced by highly trained professional full-time teachers and weekend warriors alike.

4. jason_mazzy

jason_mazzy V.I.P. Member

Bump for sticky

5. Donnie

Donnie Senior Member

Thanks Mud ! I am right at the first stage of this Tutorial ! Ive learned all the open chords and started my F chord . This should be a sticky ! so many light bulbs went off over my head , People thought they were in Vegas ! lol Kudos Man !

6. DADGAD

DADGAD Senior Member

When I started playin bass, two of my buddies started playing guitar. We wanted to be a "band" so we kept each other motivated to progress. I fact it seemed like every guy played guitar so there was always someone to talk to and that kept the motivation high. I've always been a tab guy but have since forgotten most of my theory from age 12. I liked tackling tough stuff early and tried to chip away bit by bit and eventually it came together. My first guitar was a crappy acoustic but it was the right way for me to start. Toughened my hands up and I had to focus in playing cleanly. I am at a point now where my technique is ok but I would like to take lessons for theory application as I can better appreciate it now. Before, I just wanted to jam with my buddies right away.