The Phaez Informational Thread! With Clips Galore!

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by Tuya Customs, Feb 20, 2011.

1. redking

redking Senior Member

Sold it last week! :D

2. Tuya Customs

Tuya Customs Senior Member

I was planning on sending them back to weber in place of some 10A125O's for the mojobox.

If you really want them we can work something out. But PM me quick I'm sending them out in the afternoon!

3. redking

redking Senior Member

I have a question about the Phaez cabinets. I think the cabinet builder that builds Randy's head cabs is on here from time to time? What is his handle? I had a question for him about my build that should be underway soon.
    Thanks.

4. aneas fool

aneas fool Senior Member

aneas fool is my handle ....JIM

5. redking

redking Senior Member

PM'd you. thanks!

6. Buggaluggs

Buggaluggs Senior Member

If you can return & exchange you'll get a better deal. The 10A150 is awesome. I have one. You'll like it.

7. Tuya Customs

Then they'll go out now. Those speakers didn't have enough bass for me. These Scumbacks can really thump.

8. rocknhorse1

rocknhorse1 Senior Member

Wait? The silver ten was too bright as well? I was going to return my Blue Pup for a silver ten with a hemp cone...still not warm with no bass? Maybe I will just get a scumnico 10".

9. Tuya Customs

Nonononono but the blue was more pronounced and the highs were harsh, the silver was alot cooler. I was going to just send the blue back to weber for a silver until I talked to Jim about a scumnico, he gave me a great deal so I took that. FWIW, if weber is NOT coping the same speaker the scumnico is copying with the silver. Different cone, much smaller magnet. Different sound.

I think I snatched up his last scumnico 10 :shock:

BTW CJ at weber told me the silver ten and the 10A150 share the same cone. The later just has more bass because of the bigger magnet. I'd ask about that.

Armstrong likes this.
  10. rocknhorse1

rocknhorse1 Senior Member

I want a hemp cone. TA said they were very warm with nice lower mids and bottom, but it still has the British bite. How do you think the silver 10 would sound with a hemp cone?

11. Tuya Customs

I think it would sound good. I'd really stay away from that blue pup. Comparing it to this new setup it is stupid how much less bass it had. But the silver was cool. I think you would like the hemp cone.

12. bufbills

bufbills Senior Member

Im pretty sure you did get his last scumnico 10. He was out when I spoke with him a couple weeks ago.

13. Tuya Customs

I was lucky. That day a guy had informed him the scumnico he bought didn't fit in his amp. So Jim gave me some money off of it.

Armstrong likes this.
  14. Ed B

Ed B Senior Member

I finally got a clip of my Phaez....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dmLlxRInjg&feature=player_detailpage]Phaez Daiseycutter - Tool Tones - YouTube[/ame]

More to come.

SludgeBurns likes this.
  15. onioner

onioner Senior Member

I realize this thread was bumped for some awesome Daisycutter clips, but it got me reading, and what I read happens to be pertinent.

I have a 10A150 here that I'm not getting along with (or, at least isn't doing what I want with my amps). I have a Silver 10, and a Blue Dog coming. I'm looking for more brightness, and less bass out of that combo, so maybe I'll be pleased, but y'all aren't exactly encouraging. I've played around w/ the Silver 10 a bit w/ the 5E3 (more pleasing than the 10A150, but definitely not perfect) and the DC (blech), and even the Corona turned down (pleasing, but lacking). I'm really getting them for the upcoming Voxy Orion, so no judgements yet. Just odd that these three speakers were all discussed in this thread.

Incidentally, my 10A150 is for sale...

16. Tuya Customs

Dude, would you swap it for a Scumback 10"???

17. onioner

onioner Senior Member

I very likely would. What are the specs?

18. Tuya Customs

Its essentially a H75. Which is a pre rola G12H clone. However this is the 10 version.ceramic magnet. Tight bass nice highs and a balanced mid range.

Pm me brother.

19. Mike-t

Mike-t Senior Member

Quick question.... For anyone that has played the Daisy Cutter and the JTM 25. Is there enough of a difference between the two to justify owning both? I already own a DC but Rocknhorse1's videos had me amazed.

20. Mike-t

Mike-t Senior Member

Another related question... Rather than getting a JTM 25, would I be better off paying a little more and getting the MLP 35?