The Peter Frampton Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by Midnight Blues, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Midnight Blues

Midnight Blues Premium Member

No sure? I hadn't heard. He really nice job. Stayed in the background for the most part and just let the rest of the band do their thing.

2. Who

Who Who is not here. Please leave a message.... Premium Member

Midnight Blues likes this.
  3. Midnight Blues

Thanks Who!

Having performed for so many years and being such a consummate professional, I can see his point, but I'll have to check-out the other side of the story when I get the chance. Given the incident he had with the fan and their camera, I'm not surprised though.

I'll give him credit for taking ownership for his actions and apologizing.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Who likes this.
  4. Midnight Blues

5. Midnight Blues

6. Midnight Blues

With a big SHOUT-OUT THANK YOU to Ray for turning me on to this album:

[​IMG]

I had seen this before, but thought it was something like a bootleg, but it couldn't be any further from that. GREAT playing, tone and vocals! Another shinning example of Peter's improvisational prowess!

If like me, you haven't heard it, or you don't have it, do yourself a favor and grab a copy.

THANKS Ray and :cheers2:

X–Ray likes this.
  7. X–Ray

X–Ray Cowbell by Misadventure Premium Member

My pleasure! Ditto on everything you said. Highly recommend....

8. Frampton129

Frampton129 Premium Member

MB, I'm shocked you hadn't picked up that album years ago. Obviously it's not in the same league as FCA, but it's still quite enjoyable.

Did you ever pick up any of the CDs of the shows Frampton did during the FCA 35 tour? I believe every show was recorded and put on CD.

I'm surprised more of the Instant Live albums aren't available. They seemed to be pretty popular back in the late 90's and early 2000's and then they quickly dropped off the face of the earth. I know I purchased a number of CDs from the Allman Brothers shows I saw back in that time frame.

9. Midnight Blues

Crazy I know Framp. Like I had mentioned, I thought it was a bootleg type album and that the recording was going to be like a typical bootleg. I never realized that it was something that Frampton had put out himself? If it wasn't for Ray letting me know how much he liked it, I likely would've never even got it.

I did, yes. I have two of them: One from the Beacon Theatre in NYC from 2011 ( I wasn't at that show) and one from Albany, NY from 2012 (I was at that show). I don't think this counts, but I also have the one from the "FCA35! Tour: An Evening With Peter Frampton" recorded at the Beacon Theatre in 2012 (I was there wife my wife. That's the show where "The Phenix" made it's first appearance since he had gotten her back) as well from Milwaukee's Pabst Theater. I believe I got the 2011 Beacon Theatre show from a place called "Abbey Road Live"?

I wish they were still around too.

10. D-POLAND

D-POLAND Senior Member

It's been awhile, but just had to tell ya about this, I just heard the song black coffee by Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa off of their new album entitled Black Coffee and it is as good as what Humble Pie did! the album will be released in January so I pre ordered mine!! man they should do a tour this summer!

11. GySgtFTL

GySgtFTL Senior Member

I may have already told this story so if I did then... Anyway my son's college buddy was on a flight from Philly to Nashville and sat next to this guy he didn't know chatting for a while about various whatever and after about 20 minutes the guy finally introduced himself as Peter Frampton. My son's friend still had no idea who he was and had to google him. Neat story.

D-POLAND and Frampton129 like this.
  12. Frampton129

Frampton129 Premium Member

Great story, although I'm not sure whether to laugh or get upset!

D-POLAND likes this.
  13. GySgtFTL

GySgtFTL Senior Member

Agreed. I went in great detail to the kid as to who he had been sitting next to. I would have loved to have had the chance to talk music with that guy.
    I saw him and Gary Wright at the Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway back in July, 1976. Awesome show.