The Official New England MLP Meet Info Thread SATURDAY APRIL 23RD

Discussion in 'MLP Meets' started by rocknhorse1, Mar 7, 2011.

Which day would you like the MLP meet to be?

1. Sat. April 23rd from 4pm to 8pm or later

61.1%
  2. Sun. April 24th from 12 noon to 4pm or later

38.9%
  1. bsmiley

bsmiley Senior Member

Wow, not it's not - I thought the ride from RI was loooong..

You got me beat!

2. rocknhorse1

rocknhorse1 Senior Member

Well, looks like they moved the thread out of the Squawk Box...Probably time:thumb:
    What a great time. I would encourage people in other parts of the country to try and do this, it's really worth the time, and there are so many cool people we talk with on a daily basis here on MLP, is a pleasure to get to meet them face to face, and jam!
    Really, Rosco has saved my life as far as my happiness goes. Meeting him, and having someone to jam with from time to time has brightened my otherwise dismal stay here in NH. I had to come here for a pretty serious purpose, and not a pleasant one. He has really been a savior to my need for playing music..for that I am very grateful.
    So all you other MLPer's, get on the stick, and get something going!:dude:

blakem and aneas fool like this.
  3. VictorB

VictorB Formerly LZF Super Mod

Great stuff guys, those vids are fantastic!

4. G Man

G Man Senior Member

Here's another one. I've got two more, but need to head out for a bit. I'll get them up tonight.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIONx9a3x-M]YouTube - MLP Jam 1[/ame]

5. hipofutura

hipofutura Senior Member

What a great time. I had a blast, guys!

First off, many sincere thanks the Rosco for making this possible. Both Rosco (SingleCut) and Richard, (RH1) were very gracious hosts.

It really was a pleasure meeting all of you! Truly, an example of how the web can and does enrich our lives. Just a great bunch of guys sharing common interests (guitars, food, and gass-bagging).

As for great guitar playing well, there was plenty. A real tip of the hat to SingleCut, Moldy, and Blakem. Outstanding, guys! I was impressed. Modly, I don't know how the hell you kept switching from flat pick to fingering picking without loosing the pick. David Copperfield's got nothing on you! I kept watching and for the life of me could follow the slight-of-hand. Very cool! What I found inspiring about Rsco's playing is how easy he make it look. All I could think of was Clapton. Rosco would be playing some smooth blues, and you'd swear he was holding a coffee cup in one hand. I don't know how the hell you do it! Just so natural. Obviously comes from within. Very inspiring!!

Of all the guitars that were there, my favorites were: The prettiest was RH's. Absolutely beautiful top and color. The gnarliest sounding was Moldy's LP with Bigsby and single coils. And of course there was something very cool with BSmiley's TV Yellow Special. That being said, if I could have taken home any guitar there it would have been G-Man's semi-hollow Hamer. Reminded me of a Thinline Tele, but prettier.

My Dumble clone is a Ceriatone HRM Bluesmaster (50 watts) with a pair of Weber 12A150 alnicos.

Again, thank you to Rosco and Richard for making this happen. And thank you my fellow MLP enthusiasts for great evening.

6. toneguy86

toneguy86 V.I.P. Member

O.K....I gotta ask. Was there a pic of everyone with names attached. I am reading these threads tryin to piece together who is who based on the amp they are standing next to or or the guitar they had in their hands at the time. Always nice to put a name and MLP handle with a face :)...and guitar.

7. rocknhorse1

Oh man, someone got my crappy playing on video:cool: That Ceriatone Dumble was fantastic!:applause:

8. muddywinter

muddywinter Senior Member

Man you guys must of had a blast I wish I would of been able to make it looks like it turned out great.

blakem likes this.
  9. singlecut

singlecut Senior Member

thanks rich. it goes both ways man. proud to know ya!

10. rocknhorse1

I am starting to feel my playing come back to me a little bit here in the last couple of weeks. Still not where I used to be. I was never really that good anyway, but better than I am right now. So easy to lose it, and very hard to get it back. I know my strengths and weaknesses, just need to play every day.:D My timing is getting better, as is my touch with both hands, and the spots and patterns on the fret board are getting more familiar again....thanks.

11. singlecut

singlecut Senior Member

Blakem's son was a cool guy. It took alot of balls to strap on a bass and get up infront of a bunch of older guys and play.
    I know guys 3 times his age that can't perform live.
    He's way ahead of the game. Keep at it kid. Your future is very bright.
    And remember what i said to you.. If you had sucked it, i would have told ya.
    Rock on lil bro!

blakem and Tuya Customs like this.
  12. G Man

G Man Senior Member

Here's another. The last one is uploading right now and will be up soon.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd5U903jN1U]YouTube - MLP Jam 2[/ame]

blakem likes this.
  13. G Man

G Man Senior Member

Here ya go.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eogy7Fek4I]YouTube - MLP Jam 3[/ame]

blakem likes this.
  14. blakem

blakem Senior Member

I really love these 2 guys guitar styles.. Rosco wailed! Never got the name of the other guy, but man could he play... his axe was stunning... Great job!

15. NSCS

NSCS Premium Member

Had a great time, nice to meet everyone. Thanks guys for putting it together!

Got to jam a bit with some people hiding in the amp room, I didn't feel up to the 'big stage' but I dug getting to play some amps at stage volume. Seemed like a recurring theme, people enjoying the opportunity to un-cork their amps!

blakem likes this.
  16. hipofutura

hipofutura Senior Member

Paul, it was a pleasure meeting you. You've been so helpful to me with technical amp design questions. It's nice to put a face with the name.

17. Tuya Customs

Tuya Customs Senior Member

Was that odd non round speaker amp yours? Did people dig it?

18. gibsongt

gibsongt Silver Supporter

Re: MLP Jam 2... Thanks for the kind words Blakem! That was me on lead. The guitar is a 98 58RI that I bought from Rosco years ago. The amp is a Goodsell.

There was a great group of people there! It was a pleasure to meet you all!

Charlie Mallet - Athol, MA

blakem likes this.
  19. rocknhorse1

Some great playing Charlie, and your Goodsell sounded fantastic.:thumb: It was a pleasure meeting you. It is really cool to put a face with the names:D

Paul's amp screamed!

20. Tuya Customs

Tuya Customs Senior Member

Man it looks so funky! how was it voiced?