The Official New England MLP Meet Info Thread SATURDAY APRIL 23RD

Discussion in 'MLP Meets' started by rocknhorse1, Mar 7, 2011.

Which day would you like the MLP meet to be?

1. Sat. April 23rd from 4pm to 8pm or later

61.1%
  2. Sun. April 24th from 12 noon to 4pm or later

38.9%
  1. rocknhorse1

rocknhorse1 Senior Member

Ok, I talked to Rosco (Singlecut) and he has a place that he usually rents that is now vacant, and will be for a while. Its a great place, and best of all, IT'S FREE!!! The other place would have cost us some money, not a lot, but we would have had to ask for donations. Now we don't. :applause:
    Its in Brattleboro VT. and is in an industrial/business area, so there won't be any noise issues.

Its plenty big enough for a full band, and has a couple other rooms to hang out in, as well as a bathroom.
    We would like to keep the idea of a pot luck sort of thing, and encourage people to bring something...chips/dip..vegie plate/dip..whatever you can. There is an area we can set up a grill for hot dog and burgers, so bring something grillable if you like.

There will be a drummer and a bass player, and a PA. It's about 3/4 of a mile from the exit on I 91, so easy access.

We don't know what day to have it on. It will either be Sat. April 23rd, or Sun. April 24th.
    If it is Sat. the 23rd, it will be in the evening, From like 4pm to 8pm, or something like that.
    If it's on Sun. the 24th, it will be a day gig, like from 12 noon to 4pm, or something like that.
    I am going to make this a pole, so only vote if you plan on going. Hopefully, we will have some interest. Please post if you are going to go as well as voting.
    Further details will be posted in this thread.
    Thanks all
    *************OFFICIAL DATE IS SATURDAY APRIL 23RD********* 4:00PM-WHENEVER**********************

Richard

2. singlecut

singlecut Senior Member

count me in.
    oh i'm already in
    nevermind

3. neils

neils Senior Member

The 24th. I'll get up early for the drive. Worth it to be get back on the road early.

Neil

4. Hamtone

Hamtone Senior Member

Im in for saturday

I think Brattleborro is about 3hrs for me so a saturday thing would be much better

5. rocknhorse1

Neil, you should make your vote known in the pole as well. It's going to be easier to make a choice if people vote in the pole as well as making a comment.
    I voted for the Sat. date because I am more of an evening person when it comes to playing music.

I do understand why Neil wants the Sun. date. He lives down by New York City, so its quite a drive. It really doesn't matter to me what day it's on because I live so close. I would rather the people that live far away have the say in this.

If some of you live near each other, car pooling is an idea. There will be plenty of KILLER amps there to play. So if there is room issues in your car, no worries, just bring your guitar. I do realize everyone wants to show off their own gear though. :thumb:

6. hipofutura

hipofutura Senior Member

Richard, I'm flexible and should be able to make either date as long as nothing comes up.

I can bring my Bluesmaster and maybe one or two of the amps I've built.

7. rocknhorse1

Don, that is fantastic! I was just sending you a PM saying I was hoping I would see you there!!!
    This is going to be a lot of fun, as I feel as if I have known you guys for a long time, and we have been friends forever.:)
    That just made my day! I cant wait to hear your home brew amps if you bring them.
    I am flexible as well, and would rather cater to the people that have to drive a long way, or have other things they need to attend to, and are limited in their flexibility.
    We figured Sun. people may have church, or family day, or just may want to relax before going back to work on Mon.

This is going to be great! :applause:

THE OFFICIAL DATE IS NOT APRIL 9TH....IT WILL BE APRIL 23RD. I COULDN'T EDIT THE FIRST POST. APRIL 23RD 4:00PM--WHENEVER

8. G Man

G Man Senior Member

While I will definitely make this one, I have not voted yet as I can do either day really. Is there a way to edit the poll to add the choice of either? I truly have no preference.

9. rocknhorse1

I can't edit the pole, I tried. Looking back, I could have made it so you could choose more than one option. I may be able to have a mod change it. It may be a good idea.

As long as you post that you have no preference, that is fine.

10. rocknhorse1

If the date ends up being on Sat. the 23rd, and some people are driving a long way and would like a hotel room to stay the night, and leave Sun. morning, just let me know and I will find some decent affordable lodging and post the info.

Like I said, it's literally right off the interstate, so there is lodging available. You guys may be able to find someone else that is coming that is in the same boat to share a room with and split the cost.

We will get this done so everyone is accommodated as much as possible, and happy. :thumb:

11. SGMM

SGMM Senior Member

I'm there....work schedule permitting!!

12. rocknhorse1

Could you vote on a day, please? :)

Or doesn't it matter to you? Which is fine, but we really need to know so we can make a fair decision for the day. :)

13. moldymealworm

moldymealworm Senior Member

I voted Saturday, but I'm fine with either day.

14. neils

neils Senior Member

OK I voted Sunday the 24th BUT I will do either day. I'm coming either way.

Neil

15. blakem

blakem Senior Member

unfortunately I have to work that Saturday until 6:30, but I could head over right after to JAM!

16. rocknhorse1

It doesn't have to end at 8:30pm it could go till 10:00pm without a problem. I think the ending time is flexible.

Call in to work, tell em you got GAS!!:laugh2:

17. Hamtone

Hamtone Senior Member

+1 its far enough ahead to tell them you are sick that day :thumb:

18. SGMM

SGMM Senior Member

Done....voted Sunday....but either day is ok w/me....again: work schedule permitting!!

19. rocknhorse1

Perfect! Thank you. :thumb:

20. singlecut

singlecut Senior Member

u betta.

if your out and about on saturday mike. otis and i are at the granite gorge in keene at 2pm for their closing weekend. doing a few sets. stop by if ya can and let us insult your eardrums and musical sensibilites