The Official MLP Help !!! Thread ....

Discussion in 'Front Desk' started by BOBBO, Nov 25, 2007.

1. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

Hello members ... This thread is for those new to the forum or unfamiliar with how certain forum functions work !!! I will post on how to include full size pictures with your posts as well as how to use Private Messaging and our Buddy List !! If you have any questions , Please post them here so I can answer them once and then let others benefit from those answers !

Posting pictures on MLP .. In order to post pics on MLP you should use a photo hosting site such as Photobucket.com or Shutterfly.com , Store your pictures in albums on those sites and when your ready to post them just copy the web address or URL of the photo using control C , Then in the reply window click the yellow box with the mountain in it , Backspace the http/ away and then hit control V to paste the web URL into the grey box provided , Click OK after the image URL is visible in the box , Then your image is in your post ! When you submit the post the pic will be in it !!

2. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

Private Messaging .. Sending a PM is easy !! If you see a member online at the bottom of the forum main page you can just click on thier name and there will be an option to send that member a Private Message ! The name will automaticaly appear in the PM if you do it this way and all you have to do is type in your message and click send !!

3. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

Buddy List .. Your Buddy List is a valuable tool to tell you who's on the forum at a glance ! To set it up just go into your User CP and go to Buddy/Ignore list , You will be able to add members by typing in thier names and clicking save after thier name is posted !You can delete Buddy's just as easy ! Then whenever your on MLP all you have to do is click on the quick links at the top and chose open buddy list to see if your buddy's are online !!

4. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

Please read the posts above before asking questions !! This is a HELP thread and I would appreciate only valid questions here !!!!

5. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

Avatars .. A great way to add personality to your screename is by posting an Avatar !! Which is a picture underneath your screename that says something about you or makes a statement ! To add an avatar to your account just go into the User CP or control panel located on the top left of your screen , Click on edit avatar , You can use an image off a web hosting service ! Off the web by just copy and pasting the URL to the window or you may upload an image directly from your computer ! Be warned there are size restrictions on avatar pictures so you may have to resize the image to fit the guidelines !! Once you have found a suitable size picture just put the image link into the blank field and upload by saving the avatar ! The same process is used for direct computer uploads !

6. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

Members if you have a question about how something on the forum works please post it here !! If you'd rather ask without posting here just Private Message me or Email me @ bobbovisme@aol.com .... Glad to help !! :wave:

7. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

Gallery .. The forum gallery is a great place to view members pictures and share your pictures with other members as well ! Pictures uploaded to the MLP Gallery should be of a musical nature !! Guitars , Players, Bands etc .. No indecent pictures and no pics of your dog please ! Once you upload your pictures you can use them to post in threads as well ! To upload or view pictures in the gallery just click on it from the menu at the top of the page , It will give you options to view albums , upload photos etc , To upload click that button and it will ask you for the source ? computer ? internet address ? Type in the pic name or copy & paste it , click upload and you've done it ! Viewing albums is even easier !! Take a look in the photo galleries !! Some very cool stuff !

8. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

Members .. Did you know you can locate where another member is on the forum by just clicking on thier screename at the bottom of the main forum page ! You can also look at a members profile that way !

9. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

Members , Please feel free to post questions here so that when I answer them others can benefit from it !! :thumb:

10. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

Posting Polls .. To add a POLL to a thread you've started just go to the bottom of the new thread page and you'll see a post a poll option .. Click that box and specify how many possible answers you'd like to give people to choose from !! Then click submit thread , That will take you to the POLL setup window where you can post your Poll question and possible answers .. along with other Poll options such as keeping votes secret or public !! Once you enter your question and answers just submit your thread and your Poll will appear at the top !! If you start a thread and want to add a Poll after the fact you can do that using the thread tools at the top of any thread !!

11. nico b

nico b Member

OK, I have uploaded to photobucket. Which is the URL address, and where do I post it, in the Manage attatchments bit under upload URL?
    Thanks, Nick

12. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

When you go to post a reply at the top of that page is a yellow box !! It will say insert image !! CLICK it !! You will see http/ in the text area !! Backspace till it's gone !! Then take the web address of the picture or URL ! I believe it's the 2nd line down in PhotoBucket and says .. direct link !! Copy and Paste it into that empty text box !! Once the URL of the image is copied to that box click OK at the bottom of that grey box and your photo will be in the post !! Then click the submit button for your post and the pic will be there !! If you delete the pic from your Photobucket it will disappear so you have to leave the pics in the album !!

To copy and paste and image click on it to highlight it then hit control C to capture or copy then control V to view or paste it into the box provided !!

13. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

Please post your questions here !

14. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

If you have a question that isn't answered here , Please ask away !!!!!

15. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

I'm here to HELP ...

[​IMG]

16. Roman

Roman Master Luthier V.I.P. V.I.P. Member

How do you delete a post???
    TIA

Roman

17. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

Members can not delete their own post's but you may edit your post with the edit feature located at the bottom of each post ... This can only be done for 24 hours then the post is permanent . You can also contact the Moderator and have him delelte it ...

18. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

If there is a subject I haven't covered that your curious about , Please post it !

19. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

I find it hard to believe that i've done such a good job with this HELP thread , That nobody has a question ??? Please feel free to post !!!