The Official Line 6 Helix Thread

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by AllTheSound, Oct 23, 2017.

1. MusicLaw

MusicLaw Senior Member

Just Released:

Helix Firmware 2.52 Release Notes

For use with Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, and Helix LT

Bug Fixes
    • External Amp commands could not be transmitted when changing snapshots - FIXED
    • In rare cases, Helix Rack could freeze when updating Helix Control - FIXED
    • In some cases, an External Amp command (Tip only) could change the internal expression pedal from EXP 1 to EXP 2 (or vice versa) on Helix LT - FIXED
    • In some cases, attempting to swap footswitch assignments when one switch was unassigned could cause Helix to freeze - FIXED
    • Other bug fixes and optimizations
    Known Issues
    • In rare cases, a crash can occur when creating an Input or Output in HX Edit (moving split/join to B path) while having a None block selected
    • In rare cases, PC messages are sent after Instant Commands on preset load, resulting in perceived delayed response by the device receiving MIDI
    • Shuriken Variax bank names will not appear in firmware until Helix is connected to a Mac/PC and Workbench HD is launched
    • In rare cases, pitch artifacts may be heard on selected delay blocks when the Time parameter is set to Note Sync values higher than 1/2 Triplet

Today's Late Morning Addendum:

Quote from DI on The Gear Page:

We're pulling FW 2.52 until we can find out why some people (typically running older firmware) can't update. If you've run into this problem and Helix isn't playing nice, open a ticket or hit @Frank Ritchotte up and they'll take care of ya'.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    AllTheSound and CaptainT like this.
  2. BBD

BBD Senior Member

Unable to log into L6 Helix forum for the last two days (502 error). Anyone else got this?

3. Dick Banks

Dick Banks Senior Member

Good for me at 11:52 CST.

4. BBD

BBD Senior Member

Thanks. I'm still locked out. This is very odd. I've tried a couple of browsers, so I don't think it's a corrupt cache problem. Maybe something in the server chain (I'm in the UK).

5. StingyCH

StingyCH The Bearded guy from Heidi land..

Works fine from here too..

6. BBD

BBD Senior Member

Thanks StingyCH. No idea what is going on at all. Maybe it will have resolved itself by tomorrow. Hope so, it's a useful resource.

7. AllTheSound

AllTheSound Senior Member

Works ok here.

Maybe if you try clearing out your web browsers cache then try again.

8. BBD

BBD Senior Member

Tried with different browsers as my first thought was a problem with the cache, but it makes no difference and I'm still locked out this morning. I'll try and contact the sysadmin today, though not sure exactly how at this point :)

Thanks again, all, for the feedback.

9. BBD

BBD Senior Member

There seems to be a general problem with the L6 Forums. There are a couple of threads on the Helix forum about this now. The temporary fix that works for me is to delete the browser cache each time the problem crops up. Apparently, L6 is aware and working on it.

10. AllTheSound

Helix Firmware 2.53 (Helix Floor, Rack/Control, LT)

Bug Fixes

• External Amp commands could not be transmitted when changing snapshots - FIXED
    • In rare cases, Helix Rack could freeze when updating Helix Control - FIXED
    • In some cases, an External Amp command (Tip only) could change the internal expression pedal from EXP 1 to EXP 2 (or vice versa) on Helix LT - FIXED
    • In some cases, attempting to swap footswitch assignments when one switch was unassigned could cause Helix to freeze - FIXED
    • Other bug fixes and optimizations
    Known Issues

• In rare cases, a crash can occur when creating an Input or Output in HX Edit (moving split/join to B path) while having a None block selected
    • In rare cases, PC messages are sent after Instant Commands on preset load, resulting in perceived delayed response by the device receiving MIDI
    • Shuriken Variax bank names will not appear in firmware until Helix is connected to a Mac/PC and Workbench HD is launched
    • In rare cases, pitch artifacts may be heard on selected delay blocks when the Time parameter is set to Note Sync values higher than 1/2 Triplet

BBD likes this.
  11. BBD

BBD Senior Member

Line 6 email to me today:

Hi there,
    our webteam is currently working on the forum and knowledge base. That's why the pages are temporarily not accessable. Please test it again, it should work now. Thanks.

Best regards

Technical Support
    Line 6 Support Europe

12. AllTheSound

Upgraded my computer last night so I spent the morning re-configuring my setup so i can use Helix Native as another stereo multi FX processor for my synths as well as guitar. So far its so good. Helix seems to be a jack of all trades. :thumb:

[​IMG]

BBD and frankv like this.
  13. Rocco Crocco

Rocco Crocco Senior Member

L6 forum site is totally down now. I can't even access it through my Windows laptop let alone my cell phone.

14. BBD

BBD Senior Member

Yes, it's down for me again too. Looks like they haven't quite got their ducks in a row yet. And it is the weekend, so fair enough. Hopefully it'll get sorted in the next couple of days.

15. BBD

BBD Senior Member

On another thread, @mmd posted what I've come to rate as a top Helix hack. So this is a sort of cross-thread bump. If you haven't tried the parallel input signal chain, please do give it a go. It's an open door to a bigger, more 'real' tone. I'll say thanks again to mmd for sharing:

[​IMG]

matthew bear and StingyCH like this.
  16. Sournote

Sournote Senior Member

Getting very close to pulling the trigger on an LT. What are the current thoughts on that unit? I won't use any more I/O than found on the LT and can live without the strips. That being the case, I cannot rationalize an extra $500 for the floor, so its LT and like it, or stick with the HD500X.

I'm aware of some failures of the the expression pedal on the LT but have seen Live 6 being very responsive in getting replacements to anyone that's had an issue. That is the only reason I'm still on the fence, but I'm figuring even if the pedal died after Line 6 stopped supporting the unit, I could add an external pedal to use instead.

I need to act before the end of the month to get the backpack deal.

StingyCH likes this.
  17. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

I have a Helix LT. I had no issues yet. Great tool!!!

Go get one:)

18. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

Most of the time I wish I’d kept my LT and not upgraded. I’d have been fine. Several little things about the LT I prefer.

19. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

@Pop1655 It´s totally offtopic, but the SG in your avatar looks awesome!!! Which year/model is it? gorgeous:)

20. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

Thanks. '17 Standard Gold Series - 57's, locking gold grovers, bound neck. Another @guitaraddict find.
    I'm pretty excited to have it.

CaptainT and Rocco Crocco like this.