The Official Line 6 Helix Thread

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by AllTheSound, Oct 23, 2017.

1. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter V.I.P. Member

Yep, and the best thing about it is there are always new firmware updates coming out that keep you interested and excited. In tube world it would be like.... I gotta "ROLL TUBES"... or "Whats better, EL34s or KT88s" all the while none of that really made a kill of beans difference anyway. Been there, done that.

And lets not get started on all the attenuators I had pass through my hands..

James R and StingyCH like this.
  2. matthew bear

matthew bear Senior Member

I have both, and I like them both quite a lot :D I've been meaning to set up a rig using helix effects being routed to both the front of the KPA and the loop of the KPA via one of the loops on the helix. you may have a pretty bad ass rig using both, but the Helix hold it's own quite well as an all in one.

saks and StingyCH like this.
  3. StingyCH

StingyCH The Bearded guy from Heidi land..

Thanks man, that's exactly what I wanted to hear :D Do you know if there's any chance to use its midi as a controller for the KPA too?

4. matthew bear

yes you can, I have to find the video for it. let me see what I can find.

The helix channel on you tube had a video on it, but I can't seem to find it...he's made 15 million helix videos, and he has a kemper channel too (toaster tones tv)...I don't know what the hell he did with it :laugh2: that's not much help, other than to say I have seen it done :dunno:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  5. StingyCH

6. BBD

BBD Senior Member

Mike Zaite - Dr Z - on amp modelling and the future:

frankv likes this.
  7. StingyCH

Arrived! Currently unboxed and I'm updating it to 2.50 FW. I have my main guitar by the luthier until Wednesday, so I'm just waiting to test it properly, patiently like a Shaolin monk :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KenG, AllTheSound, James R and 4 others like this.
  8. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

I think LT's look so cool. They have such a clean, classy look to em. I like my floor, but I much prefer the look of the LT case and it's overall appearance. Much richer looking.

CaptainT, saks and StingyCH like this.
  9. saks

saks Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member

I like the way the LT displays the stomps on the screen. Hopefully we'll get that on the floor someday but I won't hold my breath.

CaptainT likes this.
  10. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

It´s funny. The USB Stick wasn´t at the same position as yours @StingyCH . Mine was in the plastic bag along with the other stuff. The whole box was still sealed and not breached.

[​IMG]

Maybe the guy who packed mine was lazy:)

I just sold my Wahcko Wah and only one pedal is left now, but already for sale. The only analog thing left is my amp, but I´ll keep this one for now, because it sounds awesome with the Helix:)

The 2 new Helix 2.50 amps are my favorite of the bunch right now, I really dig them a lot. The Placater replaced my Plexi models in all my other patches:)

Cheers from Germany,

Thorsten

James R, StingyCH and frankv like this.
  11. madmusicltd

madmusicltd Senior Member

Just did my update to 2.50! Thanks for the new reverbs! I have been struggling with the right reverb for my Marshall and Dr. Z patches., and the Ganymede reverb works perfect for me! Anyone know where this reverb originates from? I have been so happy with the Helix Floor!

StingyCH likes this.
  12. StingyCH

Maybe yours was packed on Friday at 18:00 :lol: @CaptainT

I really dig the Helix, some of the amps are incredible :acoustic: the effects are wonderful compared to my KPA. Did you try some Glenn DeLaune patches? Some are out of this world :bowdown and totally worth the price

CaptainT likes this.
  13. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

GDs Packs are great, I bought his High Gain Amps and one Artist Pack:)

StingyCH likes this.
  14. madmusicltd

madmusicltd Senior Member

Looking at your LT opening pics reminds me of the excitement of opening mine when it arrived in the fancy boxes! This is one of the best gear purchases I have made (so far)

AllTheSound, StingyCH and CaptainT like this.
  15. Rocco Crocco

Rocco Crocco Senior Member

Ever since the update that brought us the Litigator and the Mark IV, all the new amp models are super easy to dial in. I can't get the Placator (Placator is the Line 6 name for the Friedman BE100 model, for those that don't have a Helix) to sound bad. The low end thump on that model is insane, and it is what has been missing on most of the Marshall models in Helix.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  16. James R

James R Premium Member

I’m still spending most of my time with the Lonestar model, but the Friedman is insane as well.
    I think they’re the best two models in the Helix, but there’s not many (if any) that I don’t get along with.

I played for about 3 hours tonight and could’ve easily played for another 3 if I didn’t have other things to tend to.
    The Helix is just such an inspiring piece of gear, I’m still having a hard time believing it.

17. MusicLaw

MusicLaw Senior Member

Line 6 is running a 30% off sale through the end of the month on all their software and model packs. This includes Helix Native! The Discount Code is sale30.

AllTheSound likes this.
  18. Rocco Crocco

Rocco Crocco Senior Member

I just bought Native today because of the sale. I own Helix floor, so I got the big discount PLUS the 30% off... Native cost me $70.:h5:

AllTheSound likes this.
  19. matthew bear

I'm digging the Placater model a ton! Meaty meat tone!

James R and CaptainT like this.
  20. MusicLaw

MusicLaw Senior Member

Early Monday morning, Line 6's Senior Director of Operations, Frank Ritchotte, posted the encompassing following post:
    Direct URL: Line6 Helix

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    James R and Rocco Crocco like this.