The Official Line 6 Helix Thread

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by AllTheSound, Oct 23, 2017.

1. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

So after some time with my LT and a lot of programming I have one question left, maybe you guys can help me:)

I am using a split performance view with 4 stomps in the upper row and 4 snapshots in the lower row.

WP_20171228_15_56_53_Pro (2).jpg

I assigned four different colours to the footswitches for my snapshots. The performance view display doesn´t show these colours though. The snapshots are always uncoloured in the performance view, while the rings around the footswitches are coloured.

When I assign colours to the stomps, it changes the colour in the performance view for the stomp box, too. It just doesn´t work with the snapshots.

Is it possible to get my snapshots coloured in the display?

BTW, I love my Helix, best piece of gear I ever bought (Besides my Knaggs Kenai:) )

Cheers,

Thorsten

frankv likes this.
  2. Vortex

Vortex Senior Member

Only one question left?:cool2:

I think that's just the way it is as far as the display coloring. I use 8 snap / 8 stomp via the mode switch & it's the same. Also if you assign a parameter from a given effect to a switch, the display will say something like "mode" not chorus / vibrato. (from Elephant Man Delay). And the ring will either be lit or dim, no color choice there.

CaptainT likes this.
  3. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

Haha, well...only one question I know of at the moment XD

4. KenG

KenG Senior Member

Well the color scheme is to support effects types so you can tell at a glance which effect you are engaging/disengaging. With snapshots how would you associate colors in your mind to assign? I think line6 assumes you'd simply rely on the order/sequence to know. I thinkyou can also quickly toggle between performance mode and snapshot so you'd have all 8 switches at your disposal in each. This is frrom watching demos and readings posts etc only, I don't own one these yet!