The Official Axe-Fx II Thread

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by IronWeso, Jan 23, 2016.

1. ttbit

ttbit Senior Member

Another good example of some good tone. If I ever find one of those locally, I need to try one out.

2. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Premium Member V.I.P. Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EfGPB4a7fc[/ame]

Cool rig rundown.

3. frankv

4. LPnut

LPnut Senior Member

Great playing, Frank. I especially like the groove on the April Fool's post with the EBMM Luke 3 and Axe FX Fender Reverb. Looking forward to having you introduce me to those tones.

Thanks for posting these and showing us all what is possible with the modelers (I know this just scratches the surface...)

Mark

5. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

6. frankv

Ah, thank you Mark. Sometimes I think this thread is on an ignore list. hahahahah.

Anyway, here is what I say without a doubt.. The AXE FX for me has been the most incredible piece of gear I could ever imagine. It has been so liberating I can not adequately explain it with words. To have any and all possible tones available is just hard to describe. It creates a freedom one has to experience to understand. The recording interface itself is so simple it causes you to record any and everything you practice. I have well over 100 recorded clips of tidbits i stumble upon while practicing.

I look forward to sharing my experiences with you on the phone when you call me for that run through I promised you.

7. frankv

So kind Tim. Thank you brother. Yeah, that is an absolutely stock Dumble ODS 100 preset. Completely untouched by me. Rotate Dial. Play.. hahahahah .

Sure could NEVER do that with any of my Marshalls. :thumb:

8. ttbit

ttbit Senior Member

9. frankv

I love single coil Strats. Here's a rhythm and lead track I just recorded. I have no idea where I got this preset from but it only works well with single coils.

1989 Strat. Can anyone really tell this is a solid state computer called an AXE FX? I doubt it.

https://app.box.com/s/ea6756al1qcm03v41uolr7ijtwfqftpj

10. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

New Quantum Beta 8!

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-ii-quantum-rev-8-00-public-beta.126728/

Improved amp modeling. Improves clarity and sounds more “open” especially for non-MV amp models or when the MV is turned up.

The bias excursion values for most amp models have been updated based on new measurement techniques. Existing presets will automatically be updated to the new values.

Based on user feedback the Amp block Speaker Drive now defaults to zero.

Cab block Delay parameters now have 0.001 ms resolution.

Fixed “quantization” noise when Amp block Transformer Drive parameter is set to its minimum value and a lot of gain is applied after the block. This specifically addresses the “Tube Pre” model as the default Transformer Drive is at the minimum.

Fixed Amp block Preamp Hardness parameter not “sticking”.

Fixed incorrect Modifier mapping in Advanced page of Amp block.

frankv likes this.
  11. frankv

Like I say. unsurpassed customer support. Bar none.

12. caljoe

caljoe Senior Member

Hi everybody, hope all is well. I'm starting to play more again (therefore I should be hanging out a little more) and I may be having a problem with the Axe. When I turn it on the sound is all bright and brittle until I switch presets, then the bottom end comes back in and all seems fine. Has anybody else experienced this?

13. Pwrmac7600

Is it on one specific preset, or any preset you start up on? Could be a corrupt preset. Do you have it hooked up to a DAW? I ask because I had an issue where my instrument track I created for my midi drums was sending midi to the axe and it was changing parameters in the axe without me realizing it. If not I would put a ticket in with fractal.

caljoe likes this.
  14. caljoe

caljoe Senior Member

Thanks Mike. No I don't have it hooked to the DAW. It doesn't matter what preset it's on, if I shut it off and turn it back on I get the bright and brittle until I hit another preset.

Thanks for the advice, I'll go ahead and put in a ticket with Fractal.:thumb:

15. caljoe

caljoe Senior Member

Welp, looks like she's going in for a check up :sadwave: #%$@!!!

16. Pwrmac7600

Just messing around, couldn't get the song out of my head, so I threw together a quick rendition of it. Cheesy midi drums through EZ Drummer. I squished it a little to much on the master bus, but oh well.
    Not sure on the mix since I did it all on headphones, but you'll get the idea. Preset is the same Plexi preset I posted in the other thread, just with a touch more gain.
    @IronWeso , I think this one has you written all over it for the solo section! :dude:

https://app.box.com/s/vf18vwezfal36em7tunvzz2vrp9qtyzv

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    caljoe, frankv and cybermgk like this.
  17. Pwrmac7600

Quantum 8 firmware official release
    With new amp!

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-ii-quantum-rev-8-00-firmware-release.126824/

Improved amp modeling. Improves clarity and sounds more “open” especially for non-MV amp models or when the MV is turned up.

The bias excursion values for most amp models have been updated based on new measurement techniques. Existing presets will automatically be updated to the new values.

Based on user feedback the Amp block Speaker Drive now defaults to zero.

Cab block Delay parameters now have 0.001 ms resolution.

Increased gain of “Brit Brown” model by 12 dB.

Added “5F1 Tweed EC” based on a Fender Eric Clapton Vibro-Champ.

Fixed “quantization” noise when Amp block Transformer Drive parameter is set to its minimum value and a lot of gain is applied after the block. This specifically addresses the “Tube Pre” model as the default Transformer Drive is at the minimum.

Fixed Amp block Preamp Hardness parameter not “sticking”.

Fixed incorrect Modifier mapping in Advanced page of Amp block.

cybermgk likes this.
  18. frankv

We were just talking about 5F1 Tweeds. I'm going to check that out right now.

WOW NAD without spending money.

19. frankv

Imagine sitting there. You have access to all the amps ever made. Without leaving your easy chair you turn a dial. Presto, the amp you select is instantly blaring through your Full Range speaker.. Yep. I'm loving that ability.

[​IMG]

Jamming out on a Splawn today

20. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Well, well. Hey Herr Kemper, lookee this. Fractal is closing those few little areas I preferred your rig a little more on. (cough cough) Better get those new reverbs and editor out Herr Kemper.

Sorry, had to be said. Above changes will make many of the amp models I like f*ing awesome now.

But THIS little nugget, is listening to your customer base and responding.

"Existing presets will automatically be updated to the new values."

Kemper is good customer support. But, um, it isn't this responsive.

Class act Fractal, class act.

IronWeso likes this.