The Official Axe-Fx II Thread

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by IronWeso, Jan 23, 2016.

1. IronWeso

IronWeso Senior Member

Well since we are constantly posting clips, presets and tips in another thread I figured it was due time for a thread dedicated to the Axe-Fx II. Please post all your new preset finds, creations, clips, and any tips for new users!:rock:
    I'm sure we will see the usual suspects in here, but maybe some new faces too as time goes by. :wave:

[​IMG]

Here's my review too: http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/squawk-box/358019-nad-review-clips.html

Shai`tan, ptgold, Matty and 8 others like this.
  2. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

I'll have some blues tracks up todays sometime. I have a great Marshall 1987x clean preset that sounds fantastic.

1 person likes this.
  3. KenG

KenG Senior Member

Good idea since the mods seem to have forgotten they were going to give modellers their own sub-forum.

2 people like this.
  4. drew365

drew365 Senior Member

I predict this thread will grow very large, and that I'll be a contributor some day. Good idea starting it!

2 people like this.
  5. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Would love to have you man... :thumb:

6. tallcoolone

tallcoolone Member

Love the AXE

I am pretty sure this is the Quantum FW Friedman Dirty Shirley through one of the newer stock GB/V30 cab/IR.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3oHlq_i-zL0[/ame]

2 people like this.
  7. frankv

Well, Ya know.. Sometimes ya just want to sit back with a nice class of Jack.. A cigar, and just give it a soft touch.. Yeah I know, but too bad, that's what I'm giving you OK. hahahaha

Besides, I don't drink Jack and I don't smoke cigars.. Think atmosphere dudes.. hahaha

This is a slow jam over 2 7th chords using the A Major pentatonic scale. This is a Freman modded factory preset using the JTM45 clean. I have some reverb and delay... I recorded the chords and did this lead track in one take. Enjoy the elevator music.

As a side note I would have never been able to record this just 6 weeks ago (before the AXE) Never had the equipment or the quite house to do it in.

https://app.box.com/s/oy4jqqcr8t5zgm6am8ijnw4mqlxak1ut

6 people like this.
  8. IronWeso

IronWeso Senior Member

Frank sounds nice! Could be music in a quiet restaurant or elevator jams hahah

1 person likes this.
  9. frankv

Thanks.. Believe it or not the inspiration for that comes from Buckethead's "a read diamond in rough" album

For someone that shreads like a mad man there is an incredible soft melodic side to him that is on many of his solo albums.

1 person likes this.
  10. IronWeso

IronWeso Senior Member

I also wanted to make this thread before we start losing valuable contributors to the Fractal forum. :cheers:

2 people like this.
  11. IronWeso

IronWeso Senior Member

Yes, I'm talking bout you two :lol:

1 person likes this.
  12. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

Lol I frequent both. Here for a good ole fashion modeling VS tube throw down, and the FF for some tips and tricks.:laugh2:

1 person likes this.
  13. joba

joba Premium Member

Contemplating selling one of my amps so I can put a foot in the modeling pool.
    I know its the future , the technology is so intriguing to me. The only thing holding me back is it seems a little to complicated for this 55 year old head to wrap around. Thats why I have been reading everything I can to see which one would be the best and most user friendly to start with. Looking forward to learning from everyone.

5 people like this.
  14. IronWeso

IronWeso Senior Member

:lol: I love it. The "throw down" :slap:

1 person likes this.
  15. frankv

Dude. I'm 57.. It's easy.. Expecially when you have me here that is willing to remote into your computer and teach you... :thumb: As long as you get an AXE FX2.

We would love to have you...

4 people like this.
  16. IronWeso

IronWeso Senior Member

Yep. Frank is most helpful and will show you the ropes! He helped me learn probably about a years worth in 45 minutes :thumb:

4 people like this.
  17. frankv

Cute.. but certainly an exaggeration :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  18. tallcoolone

tallcoolone Member

I can't speak to the Kemper as I've never owned one but the Amplifire and AXE are pretty straight forward. You will be playing and sounding great in no time--the cable routing, patch building and MIDI/floorboard setup will take a few weeks to completely get your head around but it's nothing you won't be able to have up and running in a week or two.

2 people like this.
  19. IronWeso

IronWeso Senior Member

If you get the Axe II someone here will hook you up with 300+ exquisite sounding presets that were made by someone who's had an Axe for years and is an Ace at it! From there it's pretty much pick your poison :)

cybermgk and joba like this.
  20. IronWeso

IronWeso Senior Member

I was messing around making a classic rock preset with a jumped SLP. Adding a distortion pedal was super fun. All of the different pedals have a unique characteristic to them. I was shocked by the array of flavor you could pick :shock:

1 person likes this.