The New Gibson CEO is...

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by chasenblues, Oct 23, 2018.

1. freebyrd 69

freebyrd 69 Premium Member

As others have said, politics is a no-no here. You'd be better served by Face Book with shit like this.....taking a topic and twisting it into your personal political agenda/conspiracy theories. We don't do Face Book shit here, and for those that have tried, and persisted, they eventually end up BACK on FB because they get the ban hammer.

For the record, I feel the same way about the new Gibson CEO as I do about musicians who play these guitars.....couldn't give any less of a f#ck about where they stand politically on ANYTHING. Keep making great guitars, stay out of extracurricular shit that buried Henry, and let's move on.

2. smk506

smk506 Senior Member

Can we lay off the dude already? He made a few posts, got the heads up he was heading into dangerous water and dropped it... Like a week ago already. Responding now is just dragging shit up for the sake of dragging shit up.

Jewel the Sapphire and LSAR like this.
  3. Jewel the Sapphire

Jewel the Sapphire Senior Member

Right on. Just happy my comments werent redacted. Yall swearing and saying I have a political agenda is your own hot steam. I used factual information to show the connection to a brand that recently trainwrecked because THEY got political, end of story. If I say I wont buy a product from that brand it doesnt mean I have a pOliTiCaL AgEnDa

4. Bill Hicklin

Bill Hicklin Senior Member

Besides, it does NOT violate the board's politics ban to bring up issues that are matters of public debate. What's off-limits is politicians, parties, ideologies, and proxies for same like attacking or praising media outlets associated with one side or the other.

Jewel the Sapphire likes this.
  5. cjpeck

cjpeck Senior Member

As if you don't know exactly how that discussion will go. To pretend otherwise is ridiculous at best.

6. Bill Hicklin

Bill Hicklin Senior Member

The discussion doesn't inevitably have to go that way, so long as everybody is mindful where the line is. It's perfectly valid to discuss whether businesses should take sides in debates like gun control, especially those which, unlike say Dick's Sporting Goods, don't have any skin in the game.

Sadly, some people just have to step over the cliff edge.

7. cjpeck

cjpeck Senior Member

woulda shoulda coulda. and if wishes was horses we'd all be eating steak.

We all know what will happen. It's petty and frankly immature, but we know what some people will do with that kind of topic.

8. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason Silver Supporter

This thread does NOT deliver.

9. cjpeck

cjpeck Senior Member

well, I for one would love to see another epic rage quit fu MLP video posted up to youtube but unfortunately everyone seems to be too levelheaded to stick a finger in the lightsocket.

10. ehb

ehb Chief Discombobulator Gold Supporter Premium Member

We can dream...