The new Eddie's website is live!!!

Discussion in 'Sponsor Classifieds' started by brettk7, Jan 18, 2012.

1. brettk7

brettk7 MLP Sponsor

2. doitforvangogh

doitforvangogh Senior Member

I like the new look. Still wish you listed your Gibson offering and used gear though.

3. brettk7

brettk7 MLP Sponsor

Lately, we haven't been listing used stuff on the website at all. It all goes straight to our eBay store. Turn around is a lot quicker that way. You can find that on eBay by looking up eddiesguitars-stl .

Also, in regards to Gibson... None of their dealers, except for a certain few, are allowed to have their inventory online. A simple inquiry with me will get you all the info/photos you could want! :)

4. naturalblack

naturalblack Senior Member

I like it, nice and clean and it loads pretty well. Some nice guitars as well

5. Rich

Rich Non sequitur Premium Member

Web design is what I do and that's a really nice site you guys put together. My only criticism/suggestion isn't design related, but business related: I wouldn't put up the "Make an Offer" button with the "Buy Now" unless you're listing MSRP. Perhaps replace it with a button that says something like "We match prices!" in case someone sees the same guitar for less. It just seems to me that by putting it out there that you're always open to offers that you'll increase time spent on negotiating when someone might have been perfectly willing to pay what you listed on the site. Plus, by price matching, it puts the onus on the buyer to show that they really can buy it cheaper elsewhere rather than allowing them to dicker back and forth all day long.

1 person likes this.
  6. guitarbob123

guitarbob123 Senior Member

Wow!

It looks great and it's really clear, easy to use and the pictures and info are great. If you keep up to date then that'll be really good. Do you reckon video demos are likely in the future maybe for certain models? Like the EVH Special, you could just demo one of them and then attach the video to all the EVH Wolfgang Specials you put onthere in the future so people can have an idea of what they're like.

Love it, it's really good.

7. Fred61

Fred61 Senior Member

holy **** i want that larrivee l-03r SOOOOO BAD

1 person likes this.
  8. Bluesky

Bluesky Premium Member

Did anyone else think this was going to be a Van Halen thread? :shock:

4 people like this.
  9. Rich

lol! Yup! :laugh2:

1 person likes this.
  10. Gin&Pentatonic

Gin&Pentatonic Senior Member

Why is that exactly? There's a shop here in town that stocks quite a bit of Gibson but they aren't allowed to list it online.

11. brettk7

brettk7 MLP Sponsor

First off, I want to say thank you! We all put in a lot of hard work here and played a large role in the outcome of the website.

Second off, I too understand your claim with the "make an offer" button. I have mixed-feelings about it, but we feel in most cases, a lot of customers that we deal with are more concerned with price than anything else. Personally speaking, I wouldn't be surprised if it disappeared, but for the time being it will probably be there to stay.

I think the positives from having such a thing listed with the products outweighs not having it really. The main point of that is that it will encourage people to call and at least inquire what they could get the item for. If you ever get a chance to work in a high-end guitar shop, you'll quickly learn NOBODY is paying minimum-advertised-prices for anything :laugh2:

Thank you! And that is a great question!

To answer it as efficiently as possible, yes we are working on videos as we speak. There are going to be a wave of changes and new things being added to the Eddie's site in the future. Videos are one of those things. Within the year or so that we have been working on our site, we have been doing a lot of R&D about how to go about doing our YouTube videos, and while I will say it is definitely in the works and will happen in the future, I really don't have any more info at this point.

As far as to "what is going to be in the videos" I think that is sort-of along the lines of what we were thinking as well. Eventually, we would like to have gear demos for all of the amps and pedals we carry, and for specific odd-ball guitars like the EVH, we will probably do a demo for those as well. We've been tossing around lots of ideas, I will be sure to keep this in mind.

Also launching in the near future, I am going to have a blog section. This is going to coincide with the YouTube videos and things of that sort... I'm a little bit nervous about that as I haven't done any journalism in quite sometime, but it will be cool! I might even play on some of these YouTube videos. Then again, idk if I want to discourage anybody from buying anything.

Larrivee makes great stuff! I've never owned an acoustic before, but I have been tempted by many of their guitars. Awesome bang for the buck value too!

Sorry to disappoint :(

12. brettk7

brettk7 MLP Sponsor

It's just how Gibson likes to do things.

13. rockguitar41

rockguitar41 Senior Member

I love your website layout, very easy to navigate and lots of great info and pictures. I might buy something from you in the future :thumb:

14. b-squared

b-squared Banned

Hey Brett--the drop-down menu for pedals isn't working right. You can roll-over items in the far-right column, but if you move to the left the box disappears...

It also presents underneath the logo, hiding a couple of brands.

(Real-life website and software tester! :D)

BB

15. leftyguitarman

leftyguitarman Senior Member

Get it. You won't regret it. My L-03 curbed all acoustic GAS I've ever had.

16. brettk7

brettk7 MLP Sponsor

Very cool! Let me know if I can ever help you.

Weird! What browser are you using? I know it is pretty much designed to run on Mozilla. I cannot replicate the problem on my machine, but I will make note of this and let our developer know.

17. Rich

Ya need to do some testing to find out the deal with those double posts. ;)

1 person likes this.
  18. b-squared

b-squared Banned

Eddie's Guitars | EVH Guitars

Pictures of guitars are sitting on top of the scolling section...cannot read it.

(MS Explorer, Win 7)

I'll start sending these via PM. :D

BB

19. Archtop 13

Archtop 13 Senior Member

Looks really nice & it's easy to navigate.

1 person likes this.
  20. brettk7

brettk7 MLP Sponsor

Awesome, thank you for the free go-over! :)

I checked your link and could not replicate the issue... I would bet it is due to you not running Mozilla. What resolution do you have your screen set to?

IF ANYBODY ELSE IS HAVING SIMILAR ISSUES PLEASE LET ME KNOW! :)

Thanks!