The new C*V Guitars

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by roscoenyc, Jun 12, 2011.

1. cpstrat

cpstrat Senior Member

That was my twin brother who traded that guitar to Larry. He loved that Gibson but wanted a custom LCPG. If I remember correctly, he had his guitar guy go completely through that Faded, leveling frets, etc... His guitar teacher thought it was the best LP he had ever played.

2. Justin_Case

Justin_Case Senior Member

If not for having 3 Corsas and a couple a couple of 60s Tributes Larry did on the racks, I would taken it home. Funny thing is people are selling the Fadeds on Ebay for more than Larry is asking for this one.

3. cpstrat

cpstrat Senior Member

I'll also say that Larry is offering this Faded for basically the same price as he took in trade. It is a great deal.

4. Justin_Case

That is way cool.

5. Dykesh

Dykesh Junior Member

I am about to purchase a Corsa and was wondering if anyone had tried a Wizz or OX4 in a LCPG? Thanks

6. cpstrat

cpstrat Senior Member

I am personally a fan of the Manalishi pickups that Larry installs on the LCPG. Ape Factory here on the forum has tried lots of different pickups on his LCPG and I know he has his favorites.

7. Dykesh

Dykesh Junior Member

Yeah, I'm going to trust Larry's ears and try the manalishi' before I think about swapping. I'm just excited about a LCPG and doing way too much research. There's just so many good pickups out there.

8. quantumgit

quantumgit Junior Member

From its absence on Larry's website it looks like someone snatched up my LCPG-126. I hope whoever got it enjoys it as much as I did. My custom LCPG is about 2 weeks underway. I'm going for a darker Cherry Burst, somewhat like the LCPG-105 on his site - perhaps someone here is the owner of this one? I think the flame is really going to be awesome based just on the initial staining:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Justin_Case

Nice Chevron in your top.

This is LCPG-25 - looks like the same darker cherry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. quantumgit

quantumgit Junior Member

you're exactly right, it looks pretty close. Does that have the high gloss finish or just his NTN?
    Oops, just saw your old post that this has the NTN. Great looking top

11. Justin_Case

This one was supposed to be a High Gloss, but with a miscommunication it was done NTN.

I wanted the Jimmy Page 24 combo wiring and a Braz board. I sourced the wiring harness rather than take a lot of Larry's time to do a 1 off. With the loss of time, our signals crossed. In the end, I like it better this way.

12. quantumgit

quantumgit Junior Member

turned out fantastic

13. LPDB

LPDB Junior Member

Hi quantumgit,

I'm the owner of LCPG-105. I went for a dark cherry burst like the Les Paul on Botb page 75 (Brock/Dapra burst). Larry really did a great job! I'm sure you'll be happy with your LCPG.

14. quantumgit

quantumgit Junior Member

LCPG-105 is a great looking guitar. I really liked how Larry got that dark cherry burst to almost be a burgundy. I'll have a better idea of how mine is going to turn out once it's buffed out to the high gloss with clear coat. I'm very psyched.

15. Ape Factory

Ape Factory Senior Member

Manalishi #72 is on Ebay right now (no affiliation). I'm very tempted but strapped. Has a '59 neck too. Anyone want to buy a 2014 R9? :)

16. Justin_Case

17. quantumgit

quantumgit Junior Member

Gorgeous guitar (not surprisingly). Seems like a steal for the price listed.

18. Dykesh

Dykesh Junior Member

ApeFactory or Anyone else; I noticed Larry has a Solid body Manalishi for sale. I have talked to him about it and it just seems to sound a little fuller than most of the other videos so I am debating whether to buy the solid or chambered. Does anyone think the chambered are thin sounding at all or are they just a really tight low end? Is this what you were getting away from with the Rewind Low Outputs? I am guessing the amp he uses is of course bright and the pickups seem to have some bite to them as well. Just curious for opinions. thanks

19. cpstrat

cpstrat Senior Member

Has some nice extra feature too -- one piece body and bumblebee caps. Wish I had a couple of extra thousand...:D

20. quantumgit

quantumgit Junior Member

Just got my "it's all done" email from Larry this morning. I think it turned out great and can't wait to get my hands on it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.