The MIJ Classifieds: please read the rules before posting...

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by mono, Feb 17, 2011.

1. bluesriffdev

bluesriffdev Senior Member

Most of them are fine. Japanese sellers tend to eer on the side of caution when describing guitars. If there's a nick, scratch, ding... sometimes things you wouldn't even notice, they'll tell you about it. I'd prefer to go through a store than via auction but there's always bargains to be had on yahoo japan. I use digimart.net with the google chrome google translate plugin with success. It's just a case of contacting the seller directly (i.e. facebook or email).

justinspv likes this.
  2. Hydra19

Hydra19 Senior Member

yes, just google translate can sometimes translate some terms differently. Often when talking about the neck and truss rod, the word 'warp' might appear and I've had to enquire a few times if the neck is warped or what, but it never was. So I do agree, they tend to err on the side of caution. You should not have any problems with finding an Edwards semi either on Ebay, or J-guitar and Digimart.
    Also, shipping from Japan has been pretty impressive, 2-3 days

justinspv likes this.
  3. justinspv

justinspv Member

Have you ever had problems with CITES regulations when shipping to US?

4. justinspv

justinspv Member

Have you ever had problems with CITES when shipping to the states?

5. bluesriffdev

I live in Australia, which is notoriously nanny-stateish, and not yet, but I've only bought 2 R/W board guitars from Japan since the new CITES laws.

Stories of disaster are remote but it doesn't mean they don't happen. I wouldn't go buying a 4k navigator to risk it being nicked by someone in customs, for example. Just try not to attract attention to it. I deliberately didn't buy guitars that cost more than the customs tariff limit (I don't think the United States has one) of $1000 AUD, because they'd be prone to inspection when I go to pay the customs fees.

Most of them don't know what the fuck they're looking for. You'd have to get a nosey customs agent who knows his stuff about wood having a real bad day, but there have been reports of people losing guitars.

6. Hydra19

Hydra19 Senior Member

I bought my Navigator Strat from Japan and the seller said he didn'y need C|ITES and it could be shipped immidiately and that's what happened, that has been the only guitar I bought internationally since 2015

7. JohnInNJ

JohnInNJ Member

Did it have a rosewood board?

8. Mosster47

Mosster47 Senior Member

Make me an offer. You might be surprised.

9. Leddyman

Leddyman Senior Member

O.K. Guys I'm selling my Navigator. NLP-350-GT. Pickups replaced with Tyson Tone Labs 60's P90's ($220.00 for the set). Real 50's Bumble Bee caps (. Vintage style braided wiring. Swichcraft selector switch. The lacquer is starting to check. There is checking on the front and back of this guitar. Not a lot yet, I tried to show it in the pic. You can't see it in the photos very well you have to get the light just right but it is there. You know the drill.
    This guitar has a beautiful carve on it.
    Hard Eastern Maple Cap
    Honduran mahogany back
    Honduran Mahogany neck
    Honduran rosewood fretboard
    22 Frets Jescar #213
    Unpolished Bone Nut
    Lacquer finish

Fat 59 neck.

This guitar was plek'd before I bought it, it plays wonderfully, rings like a bell unplugged and the Tyson Tone P90's are tone monsters. Very few blemishes. No buckle rash, just a couple of very fine marks in the finish but not scratches. One spot on the upper back part of the bout I show in the picture. Treble tone pot is slightly scratchy. Comes with Dunlop strap locks and I'll throw in the strap.
    $1,900.00 to your door or best reasonable offer. US only no CITES issues.

I will be putting it up on Reverb later for a little more.

Comes in a Gibson hard shell case. I bought this from Ishibashi and it came with the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  10. Leddyman

Leddyman Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  11. bluesriffdev

My god that thing is amazing.

Leddyman likes this.
  12. justinspv

justinspv Member

Hi Leddyman, I can't see the photos on my computer. Not sure why that is. Does the forum permit members to communicate via email? If so please would you send me some of the photos to justinspv@gmail.com If email communication is not permitted then please ignore this request. Cheers Justin

13. justinspv

justinspv Member

could you tell me more about the guitar including when it was made and whether you hold the original paperwork? cheers J

14. Hydra19

Hydra19 Senior Member

i got one just like it and it's my #1. Love the checking, mine's around 4kg with a huge neck but it sounds absolutely stellar. If this was in the UK I'd probably buy it again. GLWS

Leddyman and Jumping@shadows like this.
  15. Hydra19

Hydra19 Senior Member

yes, honduran rosewood. It was a good deal at 160,000 yen. Hardly a scratch, feels great to play and sounds even better. Fat neck similar to the fender '65, said U shape but it feels more like a full C. The Navigator Goldtop has more of a U shape to it than the Strat. Got a Fender Custom Shop Strat back in November and I prefer the Navigator, although the CS has tons of mojo and better quack

16. justinspv

justinspv Member

Hydra, are you talking about the Navigator NLP-350 GT that Leddyman is selling? I can't find much on the internet about this model. Can you shed any light on this for me?

17. currypowder

currypowder Senior Member

Pretty sure this is the current equivalent model:

http://espguitars.co.jp/navigator/nlpstdp.html

I own 2 Navigators and they are both superb in quality, materials, playability and tone. I'm in the middle of trying to reduce the harem by another 6 guitars or I'd be all over that goldtop in a heartbeat. Fortunately I have this Navigator that's at least in the neighborhood of the GT.

[​IMG]

18. Leddyman

Leddyman Senior Member

I responded to your PM. Maybe someone here is familiar with the date codes on Navigators and could help. The serial number is in the photos. I bought it from Ishibashi in 2015 I believe. I've had it a couple of years now. Absolutely nothing wrong with this guitar, I'm having one of those financial things. I have a daughter who is a sophomore in college and so I must sacrifice a guitar for her education. :) At least its not to get her out of jail!

19. free713

free713 Senior Member

should sell fast...glwts!

20. Leddyman

Leddyman Senior Member

I would trade you straight up for that custom!

jimmyjames likes this.