The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Phil47uk, May 9, 2012.

1. ehb

ehb Chief Discombobulator Gold Supporter Premium Member

Morning All & Phil... Afternoon Tom!

Already up to a balmy 27°F here.... Gonna be a scorcher today I guess... :cool:

79standard, Fardwark, JohnnyN and 6 others like this.
  2. artis_xe

artis_xe Christopher

Happy Rock and Roll Tuesday to All

there you go :thumb:

I need to manage my time better this year ( does that count as a resolution ? ) , so I can work on some of my own projects . sorting through my art supplies sometime this week

79standard, Fardwark, JohnnyN and 5 others like this.
  3. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

I'm jealous ... 18° this morning, projected high of 34°.

79standard, Fardwark, JohnnyN and 6 others like this.
  4. sliding tom

sliding tom Senior Member

Well you did! :thumb:

And you have quite a lot of chances to repeat that feat in the coming couple of weeks since I have picked some extra work and won't come in till afternoon.

Speaking of afternoon: evening folkses! :thumb: :wave:

79standard, Fardwark, JohnnyN and 5 others like this.
  5. Mindfrigg

Mindfrigg Senior Member

I had to pay a law firm over 3K to shuffle paper. Didn't set well with me but I couldn't survive any longer without SSD. Couldn't take the chance of it dragging out even though I had all the medical records and it was clear cut. I could have used that money for medical bills.
    It's a damn shame the legal middle men have to get their cut for something that should simply be the job of a bureaucrat. For tax dollars already spent.

6. Mindfrigg

Mindfrigg Senior Member

-7 here last night. And that's the air temperature.

7. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

Well, he went from very mediocre to this all within a year or so..
    Listen to the breaks in 3/4 and the bass drum work.

Then a few years later back to this..

The whole technique is different for a start and it makes me laugh when everyone calls him a genius although they could be right if he got that good in such a short space of time..:laugh2:
    I honestly think either a lot of people out there are either very gullible, want to believe it or have ears like mutton cloths..

:rofl:

It's also interesting to note that whenever he played a live gig after the Beatles split there is always two drummers on stage.
    Take this one for instance when he drops his sticks twice...:facepalm:
    And look carefully through his clear bass drum head..He's either banging out a basic 4 to the bar or his foot is all over the place.:laugh2:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Fardwark, artis_xe, JohnnyN and 3 others like this.
  8. ehb

ehb Chief Discombobulator Gold Supporter Premium Member

Mazactly.

Fardwark, artis_xe, JohnnyN and 3 others like this.
  9. jlu52

jlu52 ignoramus maximus emeritus Premium Member

Hi friends, good Tuesday to you! -7 in Kentucky, yowzer. That's got to make more than the grass blue out there, eh' Frank? Real cold up here, too. Even colder where Blankin' is. Long John's help, at least for this old man.
    I'm out of the loop, but VR does look fascinating. I need to follow up on your links, Phil. Thanks!
    Ringo is/was good as a referee for the Beatles. I like him, even if he didn't do it all. Still going strong, I certainly don't have his energy..:rofl:

A most splendid day wished for all.:cheers2:

10. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

Yeah, at least it was fun back then whoever played what..:laugh2:
    Session players abounded and played on most hits of the day..Studio time costs money and you can't afford a loose link in the chain when it comes to bands and big sessions...You really got me ( the Kinks )
    ..Bang A gong ( T Rex )...Both session drummers. And the list goes on and that's on both sides of the pond..:laugh2:
    Unfortunately the session mans life is a lonely one...You play, you get paid and not one person in the public domain will have ever heard of you'..A job just like any other.

11. jlu52

I'm with you, Phil. I watch the Wrecking Crew documentary often. All immense players, and they had a strong bond with each other. Was lucrative for them, they weren't the "stars", but most of them didn't want to be. Even then, "hi, I'm Glen Campbell" was huge.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  12. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

It would have been interesting back in the 60's to know what the average misogynist would have made of a female bass player on their idols records..
    Blimey there are enough of them today in guitar forums let alone back then when all women knitted and baked cakes..:laugh2:

Carol Kay on 'Good Vibrations'...
    "Oh my God!..:eek2:
    Can't be, a woman couldn't play that"..
    :rofl:

[​IMG]

And a brilliant job she made of it too.
    More balls in that bass line than most misogynists in guitar forums have got in their underpants combined...:laugh2:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    79standard, Fardwark, cmh6122 and 5 others like this.
  13. cmh6122

cmh6122 Senior Member

Was -3F when I left for work this am. Was a small mercy that the wind has calmed much.

I am not dealing with the Social Security Administration for disability. I have disability insurance through work-both long term and permanent. My daughter is an attorney as is my guitar collecting bud. They will make sure I cross every t and dot every i. Although government bureaucrats can be douches the folks that do it for profit are counting on their victims not knowing what they are paying for, and not having the stomach for a fight. I know what I have earned, and if it comes to a fight suspect they will want to stay off my target list.

Time will tell. Absolute worst case I will do fine, and it goes up from their pretty quick.

Best back at it. 'ter friends.

14. jlu52

I hate that you're ill, my pal. I love how well prepared you are in order to secure your future. All and always the best thoughts your way, Charlie.

15. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

Great that you have some heavy hitters on your side when it comes to legal small print....:dude:

16. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Old School Premium Member

It's been around 5 to 7 degrees Celsius here, and windy here.
    Went to shop with the wife new dress and shoes :Ohno:

Have a pleasant day :)

17. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

You are a brave man indeed Johnny...:applause:

:laugh2:

18. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

Watching CD no 4 from a 10 CD set Lauren and Pete bought me for Christmas on all the NASA missions..Awesome and right up my street.
    Just been watching about three hours on Hubble..
    A truly amazing telescope. If you set up Hubble in southern Florida ( in theory as obviously you can't with the curvature of the earth ) it can read a street sign close up in San Francisco...:eek2:

19. cmh6122

cmh6122 Senior Member

Thanks John. I don't know if it that I am ill as I have a condition COPD that will get no better, and dramatically reduces my endurance and recovery time. When I had that respiratory arrest episode 18 months back the pulmonologist told me I needed to start the disability process. I was of the opinion that he did not know me very well.
    Had the changes of ownership and the delusions under which they suffer as to what it takes to feed this machine not ramped up the pace so dramatically I may have made it the two more years that I needed for a decent standard of living when I retire.
    As is absolute worst case I get by. I think my med records testify that I gave the college try or where I earned my spurs-"I will guard everything within the limits of my post and quit my post only when properly relieved"-give absolute evidence that I would pursue these were they not earned through honorable and faithful service which means I got a good chance of maybe a retirement that offers the opportunity for pursuing things I have never had time for.

If the stupid @@@@-@#$#@#$ want a fight; I will make one for the books.

Phil; know I've posted this before.

As fucked up things are right now there is such a potential between the ears of our species that we have a hope of reaching for those stars. Our kids are making serious commitment to that hope.

Hope Ma smiles on us all.

20. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

Look forward to your retirement Charlie and go and do all those things youv'e always wanted to do like write some more good songs , paint and play guitar all day...:cheers:

Yeah, the Hubble deep field has taken some awesome pics of the early universe and primordial galaxies. Probably one of the greatest if not the greatest piece of scientific equipment ever built.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018