The Kemper Profiler Thread

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by El Kabong, Jan 23, 2016.

1. lowmach

lowmach Senior Member

Damn you guys! I joke.

My Kemper is being delivered tomorrow!

Are you guys using impulse responses? Figured I can use my Logidy IR player between the Kemper and my interface or is it easy to load the impulse responses directly on the Kemper? I don't see much mention of impulse responses when people discuss Kempers.

Anyone use a Badcat Unleash to power their Kemper? I'm hoping to use it as my loud rig option.

2. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

We are happy to have you brother. I know what the result will be. You will be blown away and won't believe what you hear and feel.

IRs yes of course. You will want to speak to CyberMgk. He knows quite a lot about Kempers and will help you in ways you won't believe. :thumb:

3. lowmach

lowmach Senior Member

Thank you for the welcome Frank!

I purchased with some confidence after reading all the positive threads here and I'm Looking forward to learning much more.

4. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Positive threads? Really? You would think from some of the dudes around here that this sub room has a bunch of cry babies and trouble makers... :thumb::D

You will have fun here brother. One thing I can tell you beyond a doubt. There are some guys here that will go out of their way to assist you. Me included.

5. StingyCH

StingyCH The Bearded Baron Premium Member

Welcome aboard Lowmach, you will love the Kemper :slash::applause:

And,

for all, today i bought another pack of profiles, from them

https://www.stltones.com

i really suggest fellow Kemper owners to try em out, they're not cheap but they sounds PHENOMENAL :wow:

I choose the ambient "Sky Dream" pack. It's an AC30 profile with different settings on gain, pickups, modulations, reverbs etc to create very lush..shimmering space tones

6. lowmach

lowmach Senior Member

You're correct, he addressed the same question by another user in your IR thread. Thanks!!

Out for delivery!!!!

7. matthew bear

matthew bear Senior Member

Congrats Lowmach! I'm willing to bet you'll dig it :thumb:

I've never used IR's with the Kemper, I suppose your device between the KPA and interface would work :hmm:

8. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Just saw these. You could use the Logidy loader. I think you will find it isn't needed.

You can load IRs into the Kemper, but they have to be converted first with Cab Maker.

Reason most don't talk about IRs with the Kemper is that any studio or merged profile is created with a built-in CAB (Kemper's version of an IR sort of). Most profilers will profile the amp with many Cabinets, so when you get that profie pack, again, you get a bunch of IRs, if you will, with them.

Often don't find the need for additional IRs.

"Anyone use a Badcat Unleash to power their Kemper? I'm hoping to use it as my loud rig option"

I had thought of the idea. It is an uber transparent, reactive, linear power amp as well. The one problem is the Unleash is expecting a speaker out as input, i.e. low voltage, high amp signal. You can get that from the powered out of a powered Kemper, but why attenuate then reamp that signal, when you can just remove the Unleash from the picture.

I went rack mount Matrix amp instead, and haven't looked back.

9. lowmach

lowmach Senior Member

Thank you. This helps me understand the profiling process better. I just got my unit yesterday, so just getting my feet wet. If I want to hear how the profile was intended to sound by the maker then use what is provided. We all know how much impact different IRs have.

So the profiling process can differentiate the amp and the cabinet, giving us the option to use different cabinets? Amazing!

I was going to try the effects return as an input. My Badcat Unleash is at a friends house, so I'll have to test at a later time.

Thank you for the helpful response.

10. LtDave32

LtDave32 Sua Sponte Super Mod Premium Member

*mod note*

That's it, keep pushing.

FACT of the matter is, we've had to clean up more crap in these two amp forums over the last month than the backstage.

If you keep pouring gas on the fire here Frank, it won't have a pleasant outcome. For anyone.

Don't answer back, just drop it and move on.

11. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQHqJiebKKA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQHqJiebKKA[/ame]

12. cybermgk

That could work. Be curious to find out.

13. LtDave32

LtDave32 Sua Sponte Super Mod Premium Member

Cute. I could respond by posting a YT of George Strait's "Fireman", but that would just further the problem and encourage a retaliatory response.

I'm not out to get anyone. I simply want the sour grapes to stop. In case you haven't caught on to that, it causes reaction. People respond, and it drives the issue further.

If you're interested in being part of the solution instead of being part of the problem, just continue on with the premise of the thread.

14. lowmach

lowmach Senior Member

Works great! Tested last night with buddies Helix and today with the Kemper. Volume is controlled by the Kemper. Used the effects return as an input on the unleash and turned off the cabinet in the modeler. Pushed a 2 x 12 with no issues.

15. lowmach

lowmach Senior Member

Rig Manager keeps crashing in OSX 10.10. Anyone else or is it just me?

It will make the Kemper non-responsive as well and I have to unplug the USB connection or wait. The Kemper does continue to play the profile while the unit's OS is hung. Thats cool!

16. cybermgk

I run Windows. no issues like that.

What RM version?

I'd ceck the Kemper forum, and/or contact Kemper direct.

17. lowmach

lowmach Senior Member

One more thing to note, you can use the monitor out to send a mono signal to the Badcat Unleash or power amp while selecting "monitor cab off" in the output section of the Kemper. This will allow you to not use cab simulation on the monitor output, but still use cab simulation on the main outputs. Very cool!! This solves some live playing issues for stage volume / front of house and allows for some nice sounding options while using studio monitors in conjunction with the traditional guitar cabinet.

Fun stuff indeed.
    :cool:

18. lowmach

lowmach Senior Member

I have the latest RM from Kemper's site. RM becomes non-responsive about every other time I go to use the application. I just have to force quit then restart the application and if the Kemper doesn't show up then I have to restart the computer. I visited the forum and saw others having the same issue, so at least I know my Kemper unit is not the problem.

I don't see the profiles that I rename in the RM, is there a way to sync during the same session?

Thanks for your help.

19. cybermgk

Only way I know is you have to upload them from RM to KPA, then delete the Rig from the KPA that had the former name.

20. StingyCH

StingyCH The Bearded Baron Premium Member

I have an early 2015 MBPr and a mid 2010 iMac, both with Sierra (10.12) and not a single problem :hmm: